Dilemma

The Lost One

It has been 4 days since that meeting, and I still could not come to a decision. Not only that, the nightmares seemed to be changing. This time, I seemed to be going further back. I could see a house now, burning bright in flames. There were shouts around, and a whole lot of people chasing after us. These people had their face covered with a mask, and they were all wear full black outfits. Some held on to weapons while others were bare-handed. But all of them had flashy lights emitting from the weapons and their hands. Now, I always woke up to one of them trying to take a hit on me. It felt so real, like i was really going to be hit and die. At the least, I no longer scream out loud when I wake, but only drenched in perspiration and my heart beating profusely. Thankfully, I did not wake Sehun up and make him worried. 

It really , though, to not be able to confide in him. I think he knows that I am hiding something. But, I am afraid if I do tell him, I might put him into danger. Who knows what he will do. Min's story has led me to fear for my family. If the enemies could kill my biological parents so ruthlessly, they might hurt my family. I really have to make a decision soon. 

------------

I yawned tiredly as I opened my locker, tired from the nightmares that is causing my lack of sleep, and my daily dilemma over whether I should accept Min's offer. 

"You look like a zombie, are you okay?" Changkyun remarked as he deftly caught that textbook that has clumsily slipped out of my hand when I took it out of the locker. 

"I just did not have a good sleep, it's been a stressful week." 

"You looked troubled." Changkyun said sympathatically, knowing about my terrible recurring nightmares. "How about we go get some ice cream and waffles after school? At our favourite shop."

The thought of having desserts sounded appealing and I immediately agree to it. Now, I just needed to endure through the entire school period. However, my mind drifted back to the conversation again. As I entered the class, I accidentally bumped into somone. Looking up, I realised I had knocked into Mingyu. 

"I am so sorry, Mingyu-sshi!" I apologised profusedly. 

"Hey Jinhye, It's okay! Don't worry about it. Anyway, I haven't got the chance to talk to you since your birthday. How are you feeling since then?" Mingyu replied casually. 

"I've been good. Thank you for asking!" I smiled at his easy-going vibe, surprised at how easy he changed the subject to minimise the awkwardness. 

"So listen, I heard of this really nice place that sells stews had just opened near school and I was wondering if you wanted to go and try it with me after school? The others are too busy today to come with me." 

"I'm so sorry, mingyu-sshi, but I'm already going somewhere with my friend today, How about tommorrow instead?" I replied, feeling bad about knocking into him. 

" Yeah sure! Tomorrow then! We can leave class together!" Mingyu replied enthusiastically. His enthusiasm is really contagious, I could feel myself smiling as he walked into class, almost banging into a chair. It felt good to have someone acting completely normal with me, and not mentioning about the incident.

--------------

We had just finished our desserts and decided to explore the side streets that we have not been to for a while due to school. As we pass through an alley to reach the other street, I feel a presence behind me. I turned my head but there was nothing there. I must be dreaming. I resumed walking, but the feeling seemed to persist. I could not shake off this feeling of apprehension. Suddenly,Changkyun grabbed my hands. 

"Just walk Jinhye, don't turn back at all." I have never seen Changkyun so serious before, his expression was so intimidating that in that moment, I got scared. I quickly fall in step with him as we picked up the pace to get to the main street. I could see the main street now, and inwardly sighed in relief because then there will be other people around. However, just a couple meters from exiting, someone turned from the corner and appeared in front of us. We skidded to a stop. I quickly turned my head, and realised that there were really 2 other behind us. 

"What do you want from us?" Changkyun glared to the man in front. 

"Leave the girl and walk away. I promise nothing will happen to you." 

"You crazy bastard, why would I leave her to you!" Changhyun shouted angrily. I thought someone would hear him and come looking for us. But, to my confusion, I could see a couple walking past like there was nothing. Before I could react, I feel a gust of wind and can't help but blink. I almost fell back in shock, because the man who was a few meters away from us, was now right in front of us, a mere inches away. The man grabbed Changkyun's collars and yanked him backwards, causing him to fall to the ground. I backed away but suddenly found my legs stuck, as though I am paralysed. The man took out a syringe from his pocket and raised it towards me. I could not move at all and closed my eyes in fear, bracing myself for the unknown object that would pierce me. 

---------

3rd POV

The impact did not come at all and Jinhye felt the force holding her down melting away. She tentatively opened her eyes to a bewildering sight. The man was now lying unconscious on the ground, while Changkyun stood facing towards the other 2 men. But, what was weirdest was the fact that his fists were glowing red, like a flame surrounding his hands.