02. Burdened 영원히

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Burdened 영원히


 

Hyunmi sighed depressingly placing a hand on her heart. “I felt like he really loved me, he really cared for me. But he left me and broke our promise.”

Taehyung placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. She turned around and hugged him. “I miss him.” she sobbed into his chest. Taehyung frowned and proceeds to her back, patting her. “I… I know.”
Hyunmi sobbed bitterly into the chest of her best friend, she feels guilty and pulled away.

“Taehyung, I'm sorry.” she whispered apologetically. “For what?”

“Telling you all this, and even knowing that you…” her voice trailed. She met his eyes and quickly silenced herself.
He let out another sigh, looking around and then sitting on the bench that was behind them. “Cha~” he hissed as he sit, then glancing over at her who was staring intensively at him. “Come.” he patted the area besides him. She didn't hesitate and then seating besides him.

His eyes followed her. “Tell me about him.”

She looked at him, surprised. “W-why all of a sudden?”

“I know you've been wanting to talk about him. So I'm here to listen.” He smiled at her, his famous smile.

Hyunmi bit her lips and looked away. “There's nothing left to say about Kyu.”

Taehyung's smile fades. “Don't you love him still?”

Hyunmi said nothing, she stared out into the distance and in deep thoughts. Six months and still waiting, of course she still loved him. But it's not like he will come back now. It's been too long.

“In all honesty, you can say I do. But not seeing him for so long, I don't really know if my feelings will remain this way. I remind myself that he is gone everyday.”

“Why did he leave?”

That question broke her. Hyunmi's mouth turned dried, she felt as if her mind was no longer functioning correctly and her heart stopped for a second.
She opened to say something, but stopped as she feels tears falling from her eyes again. She covered her eyes with her cold hands, trying her best to hold them in.
There's no use in crying anymore, he's gone and she had to accept that.

“He's going to become someone everyone looks up to soon. He's going to be someone everyone notices when they laid eyes on him.”

 


[ Flashback ]

She woke up on a Friday, for some reason the place thats surrounding her feels hollow and dark… even with the sun shining brightly through her window.
Hyunmi grabbed her phone and dialed Kyuhyun. No answer.

He always picked up her calls.

She shook her head and told herself it was nothing, but as the day gone by there was still no calls or messages from him.
Hyunmi became anxious. She couldn't focus on her part-time job or her medics exam.
She got home alone that night, settling her things on the floor and collapsing on the bed. She held her phone above her, scrolling through their message history. “Why haven't you been calling today? Where are you?” she sighed then looking over at the bedstand, there was a wide envelope with a heart sticker sealing the flaps. “Oh?”
She had not noticed it before.

Hyunmi sat up and reached out to grab the envelope. She scoffed. “You left and gave me an envelope?”

Hyunmi opened the envelope carefully to prevent any tears. She pulled out a sky blue piece of paper with Kyuhyun's handwriting on it. “What… is this?”

She slowly unfold the letter and began to read.

Nguyen Hyunmi,
Honestly I've never written a letter for anyone before, but I just couldn't get myself to tell you this in person so I am writing this now. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this because I couldn't bear to see your face after I do.
I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for all you've done for me…

There was a trail of ink that was left on the paper, Hyunmi knew that Kyuhyun was crying as he was writing the letter.
“Kyu..” she sobbed, holding in tears as she continue to read.

Please don't cry. I don't think I will be able to have the courage to tell you this. Seeing your crying face hurts me a whole lot, and then causing me unable to leave. This is the hardest decision I ever have to make. You gave me so much to remember, the love that i can never forget. I promise I'll be back to find you, but don't wait for me to return. I love you, you know that right?

Her tears finally fought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter