07. At Close

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
At Close

[ 1 Month Later ]

“And now for our special stage, we will welcome the angelic new voice of Korea.. Cho Kyuhyun performing his song 'At Close'!” The MC of Music Bank announced loudly into the mic. The crowd cheered loudly seeing the man walk onto the stage holding his mic. The music began and a spotlight shined on him.

Kyuhyun raised his head towards the crowd and places the mic to his lip… then he sung. His voice echoed throughout the whole area, the crowd listens in awed.

" So your back was really pretty.
I finally realized this after seeing you leave.
So my heart aches when tears fall.
I finally realized this after seeing you cry, after seeing you leave.” He sang, thinking about his last meeting with Hyunmi. He felt a pang in his heart and sighed, looking down.

" It’s too late but I’m sorry, I didn’t realize how good you were.
I’m such a fool, I’m such a fool.
Don’t leave me, although you will leave even if I hold onto you.
I’m so pathetic, I’m so pathetic.”

Kyuhyun sang beautifully throughout the performance, he looked into the crowd of fans and wonder if she was there.. watching him and supporting him like she had promised. He had tried to let go of her, and even thought that he did.. but always came to the realization that he still needed her.

" Why did I realize this love now?
Why are tears coming now?
Why didn’t I know you?
Love is so… Love is so foolish.” He sang painfully into the mic, the audienced felt the sadness in his voice. Some of the fans began to cry, others wave their hands with the music.

" So your hands were very warm.
I finally feel your body warmth though I held you before.
So your eyes were very pretty.
I can only think of you, who always smiled, who looked at me.”

" It’s too late but I’m sorry, I didn’t fill you up before.
I’m such a fool, I’m such a fool.
Don’t leave me, although your heart has already left.
I’m so pathetic, I’m so pathetic.”

“So I've heard, you've written these songs by yourself?” The interviewer asked him with a smile. “Is it about a certain person?”

Kyuhyun stayed silent, thinking about the memories of Hyunmi. He forced a smile on his face and shook his head. “Aniya.. I am very happy with Seohyun right now.” he lied, thinking about Seohyun and feeling somewhat hateful towards her.

In the past month, SM has been trying to promote Kyuhyun more.. so that means having to date Seohyun for publicity. Now he is the rising star, voice of Korea. He has not heard from Hyunmi ever since she left and he has debuted with “At Gwanghwamun”.

“Oppa, you did great on your interview and special stage today!” Seohyun chimed happily, clinging onto Kyuhyun's arm. He ignored her, trying to push her hands away.
When she didn't pull away, he turned to look at her coldly. “This is fake. We.. we are fake! Don't you understand?! This whole relationship is not real! Please stop dreaming. Please stop bothering me!”

Seohyun pulled away slowly then smirked. “Pft. Yeah I know, but just one word from me about this.. and your career can come crashing down when it just started. So why don't you play along with me… op-pa!”
The way she said “Oppa” made him cringed. Only Hyunmi had called them that, but in a very sweet and loving tone. Seohyun was not.
He rolled his eyes and continued to ignored her, she frowned deeply. “We're suppose to have a couple photoshoot today oppa.” she smiled again while trailing behind him.

He groaned and continued to walk into the van, closing the door before she can enter.

“YAH!” she screamed from the outside angrily and furiously knocking on the window.

“Take me to the usual.” He told the driver calmly.

“But sir—”

“Take me now!”

The driver obeyed.

Seohyun was left standing on the spot where the van once was, she scoffed. “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter