08. Thoughts

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Thoughts

“Aye! Here's our lovely couple!” Hyuna cheered happily as Hyunmi and Taehyung entered the store. Hyunmi laughed and hits her softly. “Stop it unnie.”

“I prepared something for you two, jjang!” she held up her famous coffee cake. “And Hyunmi, congratulations on becoming Doctor Assistant!”

“Thank you unnie.” she smiled, walking over to cut the cake and then taking a small bite.
“Whoaa~ It's so good!” Hyunmi motioned Taehyung over then attempting to feed him. He nods in agreement after having a bite. “Wow! Hyuna ssi~ you should have your own bakery.” he chuckled. Hyunmi punched him playfully.

“Aish jinjja.. " Hyuna scoffed playfully.

“Hyunmi ah, how's your mother doing?” A question suddenly slipped out of Hyuna's mouth. The most touchy subject for Hyunmi.

Hyunmi bites her lip, Taehyung quickly took her his embrace.

“Oh my gosh.. Did something happened? I'm sorry for asking.”

Hyunmi sobbed bitterly into Taehyung's shoulder. “She… passed away.”

[ Flashback ]

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE DIDN'T MAKE IT?! I PAID FOR THE SURGERY TO BE A SUCCESS!” she screamed, tears falling from her eyes.

“I'm sorry, we did try our best. I'm very sorry for you lost.” Dr. Lee said softly in sorrow while patting her shoulder and then leaving.

Hyunmi dropped to her knees and sobbed. “Eomma.. how could you leave me like this?! Wae?!”

Jaehyun suddenly comes running in, seeing his sister on the ground he starts to tear up also. “No..”

He kneel down to embrace his sister, knowing how much she had loved their mother. He her hair gently as she cried. “I'm here..” he mumbled in between tears.

“Oppa.. eomma is gone. Eomma.. she's gone! We will never see her again! She will never be there when I need her again!” Hyunmi cried. Jaehyun stayed silent and continue to her hair gently. His tears rolling down his cheeks. “I should've been here for you and eomma. I'm sorry.”

“Hyunmi, mienhae.” Hyuna apologized feeling sorrowful. Hyunmi pulls away from Taehyung and smiled a bit at Hyuna. “Aniyo, it's okay.”

“I send you my deepest condolences. I'm truly sorry..” Hyuna looked at her sadly.

“It's okay Hyuna ssi, and thank you for doing this for me.” Hyunmi smiled gratefully at her friend, she wiped her remaining tears and looked at Taehyung. “Oppa, I want to go home for now.. there's some things I want to think about.”

“Alright.” he whispered, feeling a bit worried.

Hyunmi bowed and thanked Hyuna, then following Taehyung out the door. Hyuna waved goodbye to the couple before returning back into the cafe.

After getting into the car, Taehyung decided to drop the question. “Why do you want to leave all of a sudden? She must have put in a lot of effort for you today.”

“I know but.. I just need to think about something.”

Taehyung, deep inside, kind of knew what it was about. He just sighed and drove her home, she stared at the window throughout the whole ride not even glancing at him or holding his hand. He worried.

“I'll get going, if you need anything just call me.” Taehyung smiled, holding her hand. Hyunmi smiled back before pecking his cheek. “I will. Don't worry, I'll be okay Taehyung ah.”

And with that, he left. Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter