04. Broken

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Broken

“Your mother is currently in critical condition, she is being kept in the special unit care right now.”

“No! I must see my mother now! Please let me see her!” Hyunmi screamed while trying to fight her way through the doctors.

“Please miss, you must understand that in order for the patient to recover she must be kept away from the public for a while. You can visit her really soon.” the operator instructed her. Hyunmi broke into tears. “Eomma.. I really need you right now. Eomma.…..”
 


[ Flashback ]

“Mi ah.. you came again?” her mother's voice was hoarse and weak. Hyunmi smiled seeing her mother. “Eomma, you shouldn't talk. You must recover, remember?”
She puts the porridge down on the hospital table and looks at her mother.

“Why are you here? You should be in the university..”

“I just need someone to talk to right now eomma. And you're the only person I can go to.”

Her mother smiled gently, caressing her hair. “My Mi.. what is it that you want to talk about?”

“Kyuhyun.” Hyunmi stated plainly, meeting the eyes of her mother.

“Kyuhyun? What about him?”

Hyunmi tried her best to act strong, for her weak and fragile mother.

“H-he…”

“Hyunmi ah..” the mother of the girl spoke gently and caressing her daughter's hair.
“I want you to find a love that you will not have any regrets with.”

Hyunmi broke into tears hearing her mother says that. “But dad..” She starts to think of her horrid father who left the family, leaving her dying mother and brother alone. Hyunmi's brother was studying for a cardiac surgeon degree in America, and she was left to care for her mother alone.
Hyunmi currently attends Seoul National University of Me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter