10. Another Farewell?

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Another Farewell?

The couple arrived at the hospital after a long drive. Hyunmi immediately spots reporters surrounding the front of the building. She sighed. “Gosh, there's too many of them.. we'll never get through!”

“Come on.” Taehyung said, parking the car and then dragging her out to the front of the hospital building only to be pushed back by the reporters. He tried again, but the hospital staffs pushed them out again.

“Forget it Taehyung ah. It's no use..” they were about to give up to walk away until Hyunmi spotted Mr. and Mrs. Cho.

“Hyunmi ah!” Mr. Cho called out to her. Mrs. Cho trailed along after her husband. Hyunmi smiled at the two elderly. “We came after seeing the news, can you get in?”

Hyunmi shakes her head. “I was just about to leave, the hospital won't let us in..”

“Come in with us, we were called in.” Mrs. Cho smiled at her. Hyunmi nodded then following Kyuhyun's parents inside the hospital. A surgeon wearing a mask immediately approached the elderly couple and then removing the mask from his face. “Parental guardians of Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Yes..”

“May I ask your relation?”

“I am his father and this is my wife.” Mr. Cho informed the surgeon. The surgeon took a deep breath before speaking.

“Your son has six broken ribs that is piercing through his lungs and also has suffered injury to a part of his head. We need to do immediate surgery on his lungs or he will die soon. And in order to do the surgery, we must drill a hole through his neck. I'm afraid that will end his career as a singer. But even if he went with the surgery, there is only a 20% chance that he will survive.”

Mr. and Mrs. Cho looked at each other in shock. Hyunmi's eyes widened, tears b at the corner of her eyes. Taehyung placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

" This child is someone who must sing. He is a singer. He is a child who has dreams of songs. If you drill his throat, you are taking away all that he has. How will this child go on about and live?!” Mr. Cho objected to the surgery. “You will not perform the surgery on my son!”

“You are crazy! Your son is about to die and how can something like singing be important right now? He must receive the operation right now!” The surgeon stated, but Mr. Cho will not waver.

“You must find another way to do the surgery!” Kyuhyun's father begged the surgeon. Just then, a nearby doctor walked by, “I am Doctor Wang Young Pil. I will find another way to operate so that this child will be able to sing.” he said. Mr. Cho immediately took his side, “Please save my son, doctor.”
Doctor Young Pil said some things he will do for the alternate surgery, Kyuhyun's parents listened attentively. He then nodded and proceeded into the surgery room.

Everyone took a deep sigh and sat down quietly out at the waiting room. Hyunmi sits besides Taehyung whom kept staring at her throughout the whole day.

“Do you think… he would make it?” Hyunmi mumbled, fiddling with her fingers. His father sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, not knowing what to say. “20% chance of survival, but he is a strong guy.”

They sat quietly, clasping their han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter