05. Sensation

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sensation

“Yahh ~ have you heard of Cho Kyuhyun's pre-performance the other day? OMO! He was so handsome and he sings so well. Kyuhyun oppa ~”
Hyunmi ignored the gossips of the young freshmans.

She completely forgot about the pre-performance the other day because of the urgency to see her mother's current condition. Hyunmi looked at her phone desperately waiting for a call from the hospital. Was the surgery a success? It would be a waste of so much money if it wasn't, she couldn't afford to lose so much money right now.

A customer was next in line.
“May I take your order?” she said, looking down at the cash register not making eye-contact with the stranger in front of her.

“One hazelnut macchiato with extra hazelnut drizzle.” a masculine voice spoke coldly, and strangely sending chills down her spine.
She looked up to see a tall man wearing a pair of expensive sunglasses, he was busy looking down at his phone. “Did you take my order yet?”

“A-ah. Ne. It'll be $2.99.”
The guy pulled out his wallet and handed her the cash. “Keep the change.”
She printed out the receipt and handed it to him. He took it without looking up and walked to the pick-up area.

Hyunmi stared at the strange guy. Something about him feels familiar. She shook her head and rid of the thoughts. “Pabo. What are you thinking?” she slapped the side of her head then proceeds to take the next order.

Hyunmi's eyes can't help but glance over the strange man again, she sees him picking up his coffee and then turning around to leave. He was overly distracted by his phone that he did not know he bumped into a random girl's shoulder, his sunglasses fell from his eyes.
The girl gasp loudly, her hand covering in shock. “Oh my… GOSH!!” she screamed, the whole Starbucks turned to look at her. The man quickly picked up his shades and puts them on his eyes again.

“CHO KYUHYUN OPPA!” she yelled excitedly pulling out her phone and starts to take pictures of him. Many people in the cafe starts to take pictures of him, Hyunmi stared at the commotion. She stared at the man. “C-Cho… Kyuhyun.”

She suddenly had a mental breakdown, kneeling down and her back to the counter. “Ani. He is not.” she tells herself.

“Oppa ~ can I get an autograph? Oppa ~ may I have a picture?” many girls sung annoyingly, clinging onto his arm.

Hyuna came out of the employee room, she is shocked seeing the ruckus in the place. “Everyone please calm down, please leave.” she pushes some people out of the cafe, one-by-one.

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun told Hyuna with a smile after all the customers had been shooed out. He took off his shades, revealing his gentle eyes. Hyuna tried her best not to squeal.

Hyunmi felt like her head was going to explode, she stayed hidden behind the counter listening to their conversation.

“No problem. What is a star like you doing here?” Hyuna questioned curiously.

“I just wanted to revisit places that brings back good memories before debut.” he stated plainly.

“Omo ~ I heard you were going to debut soon. Everyone is very excited for that.” Hyuna spazzed.

Kyuhyun smiled softly. “Thank you.”

Another employee spazzed about Kyuhyun and then another. Hyunmi stood up and walked to the employee room, away from all the commotion. She gripped onto the tables, trying to balance herself. “Cho Kyuhyun…” Her mind thought back to when his sunglasses fell from his face. “It's really you…”

“Hyunmi ah!” Hyuna barged into the employee room to find her. “Hyunmi ah, there's a celebrity out there.. you have to meet him.” She grabbed onto Hyunmi's wrist, Hyunmi gasped. “No! Shiro. I can't—”

“Why not?”

“Please just leave me out of this. My shift is over, so I'm leaving.” Hyunmi spoke coldly, putting on her face mask. She went out of the employee room. Without watching where she was going, she harshly bumped into the back of the man she had tried to avoid. The employees all looked at her in shock, Kyuhyun turned around to look at the girl. She immediately looked down to the ground, avoiding his eyes.

“M-mienhae.” she mumbled, then thinking about what she had told Taehyung the other day.

[ Taehyung stayed silent and then spoke after a while. “So what if he showed up again? What if you see him again?”

She looked up to meet his eyes, filled with concern. “I— I honestly don't know how I would feel if I see him again. Would it be awkward? I don't know.” ]

Hyunmi quickly walked around him and left the cafe. She rubbed her goosebumps on her arms away. “Why am I running away from you?”

 


“Nguyen Hyunmi!” Hyuna exclaimed loudly, running out of the cafe. Kyuhyun, upon hearing the name, quickly ran out to find Hyunmi. He looked around the streets of Seoul desperately. “Hyunmi.. why are you running from me? Is it because you don't want to see me anymore? Or is it because I left you?”

His eyes caught ahold of a petite figure, rubbing her arms probably cold from the weather. He walked slowly up behind her.

“Nguyen Hyunmi.” he muttered, placing a hand on her shoulder and turning the girl around. Hyunmi turned around and stood face-to-face with the man that use to mean the world to her.

She gasped loudly.

“It's you.” he mumbled, placing a hand on her cheek.

The sound of his voice. Hyunmi couldn't help but stare at the man in front of her. Is he real? Is it just her hallucination?
 

 

They sat besides each other, quite distance and awkward. Hyunmi bit her bottom lip lightly, fidgeting with the sky blue scarf she had on.

“… how have you been?” he spoke all of a sudden, breaking the silent and still not making eye-contact.

“How do you think, Kyu?” she answered coldly causing his head to turn towards her.

“…so how is the university?” He proceeds to question her.

“I haven't been showing up.”

“But why— you never missed a day.”

“Why do you even care anymore?” she stated plainly, looking down at her hands.

“You sound different.”

“Well I've changed throughout the months.” she said, looking down at her thighs.

“Is it wrong to say that I missed you then?” he quavered while continuing to stare at her.

“I don't need to hear those words from you. You said to not wait for you…”

“So did you? I promised I would come back to find you. Did you waited?”

Hyunmi gave out a shaky sigh. “I reread that letter so many times that night. No matter how much I cried, I know you will not come back. But still, I kept you in my heart for no apparent reason.”

Kyuhyun's warm hands, traveled to find hers. He gently holds her hand, she looked at him in shock. “W-what are you—?”

“I came back to search for you and now that I've found you, I will never let you go again.”

She scoffed. “Do you think after leaving me for six months and then coming back and saying all this is going to make everything better? Do you actually think that my feelings for you is still the same?”

Kyuhyun was speechless looking at Hyunmi with his shocked eyes. She quickly snatched her hand away and rubbed it. “We can't be together anyways. You'll be debuting soon… and you'll find others better than me.”

“No one will be better than you. You're the reason why I wanted to be a singer. You're my inspiration.. and the only woman I will ever love.”

Hyunmi could feel her heart skipping a beat, she placed a hand on her heart to steady it's rhythm. Old past memories comes back to her…

“You.. should get back to prepare for your debut stage.” she said all of a sudden, standing up and not looking at him.

He got up after her and turned her towards him. “Do y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter