01. Sillage

Sillage 01.09.15
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sillage

 

With eyes so weak, Hyunmi Nguyen opened her eyes to another day. The first thing that crossed her mind was to look at the calendar that's across from her bed. She reached for the expo marker laying still on her bedstand then forcing herself up from the bed. Walking slowly and tiredly to the board, she marked off another day. “Six months exactly.” she whispered, her voice croaked. Her exhausted eyes b with tears. “Six months, this is the longest.” She was tired of crying. She was tired of being lovesick. She just needed to see him again.
Her hand places the marker next to the board then she turned to the restroom. Hyunmi starts to freshen up and then heading to work.

 

“Annyeong, welcome to Starbucks.” she greeted with a forced smile on her face. Hyuna Kim, Hyunmi's close friend, notices.

The customer starts to tell Hyunmi her order but she just stared out into space. “Hyunmi!” Hyuna exclaimed then snapping her out of thoughts. “O-oh. I am so sorry, can you tell me again?”
The customer sighed heavily then repeating her statement. Hyunmi slowly entered the order while sighing.

After work, Hyuna approached Hyunmi with a serious and worried face. “Yah Hyunmi, waeyo? Are you sick?”

“Aniyo.” Hyunmi murmured quietly, wiping off the table with the rag. She looked blankly at the table, wiping it without a single expression. “Taehyung has been worried about you, why haven't you been talking to him?”

Hyunmi stayed silent as she walked to the next table and proceeds to wipe it.

“Hyunmi!” Hyuna screamed and slamming her hand on top of Hyunmi's stopping her from wiping the tables.

Hyunmi's eyes still faced the table then looking up to meet Hyuna's eyes.

“You've been so distance, so quiet. You haven't even been showing up at the university and you always do, your grades are dropping badly.. do you know that?!”

“You don't know what I'm going through.” Hyunmi spoke clearly, her voice stiff and cold. She moved her hand away and continue to wipe the last stain on the table.

Hyuna watched in silent. “You didn't tell anyone what is wrong with you. How the hell do you expect us to help you if you're just gonna be so fricken distance towards everyone?! Even Taehyung! He is your best friend and now you push him aside and haven't spoken to him in months! He's been worried sick!”

“Enough!” Hyunmi stormed, some tears falling from her eyes. Hyuna's eyes widened as she stares at Hyunmi's crying face.
Hyunmi Nguyen… is crying?

“Yah..” Hyuna croaked and walking to Hyunmi, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Waeyo? What's wrong?” she mumbled softly, feeling tears b in her eyes. It's the first time she had seen her best friend like this, Hyunmi was always so cheerful and outgoing but since months ago.. that girl was gone. She turned so cold towards everyone, so distance, so… depressing.

“Nothing's wrong. Forget it.” Hyunmi voice turned cold again, she wiped away her tears and puts the rag back.

“Can you please just talk to Taehyung? Please Hyunmi ah? He's your best friend.”

“Okay.”

 

 

“You wanted to see me?” A deep voice spoke. He stood behind her. Hyunmi stood up and faced him.

“This is quite a surprise. You haven't spoken to me in months.”

“I'm sorry…” she mumbled, tucking her hands in the pocket of her jacket to warm them, then breathing out the cold air. She turned around to look at the lake. Taehyung sighed, he took off his scarf and wrapped it around her neck then tucking his own hands into his jacket pockets. Hyunmi turns to look at him then down to the scarf that is keeping her neck warm. She touched it gently.

“I've noticed you don't talk much anymore. Why?” he asked, looking at her with his warm brown eyes.

She didn't say anything, still staring at the lake.

“It's about that hyung isn't it?”

Hyunmi's eyes widened, she gasp quietly. How did he—?

“I know about him.” he f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter