Ch 41 - Rip it

Breaking for you
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jong Kook awakes groggy from an out of character midday nap. He looks around for what woke him up, grumpy at the disturbance, and sees it's his phone, placed on the bedside table. He doesn't remember putting it there, but assumes Charity must have left it for him. She is, of course, nowhere to be seen. Jong Kook rolls his eyes, wondering what about him is so distasteful that she has to creep off while he's sleeping. He grins to himself then, realizing she can't possibly find him that distasteful. They'd spent the whole of the morning in bed, laughing and enjoying themselves. While he can't say he really approves of Charity's lifestyle, he does have to admit that she's certainly having a good time doing it.

As he reaches over to grab his phone, he idly wonders what Charity is up to for the rest of the day. Feeling more than a bit physically exhausted, he knows he'd be down for hanging out on the couches with her and Kwang Soo for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Well, some of the evening. He knows full well how he plans to spend most of the evening.

Stretching, he pulls up the message screen on his phone. "," he breathes, seeing a message from Hannah. She's letting him know when and where she'll be shopping. He considers cancelling, but ultimately decides against it. He should at least tell her that he won't be seeing her anymore, right? Or... he sighs, finally allowing himself a moment to think through his choices and the ramifications of each.

If he tells Hannah today, setting aside whatever her reaction might be, he's, in theory, set for life. He assumes that whatever's missing from his relationship with Hannah will spring to life. Instantly? Over time? He's not really sure. But it will be there, like what Haha and Go Eun have. Try as he might, he just can't picture that happening. But everything else the fortune teller had shown him had proven true. The girl with green eyes appeared, dropped suddenly into his life, just like he was promised. Even if Ji Min is full of it, and he tells Hannah, he won't really have lost anything for trying, except for maybe a friend who will then believe him to be an absolute lunatic. The upsides of telling Hannah, as he sees them, are obviously a partner for life, love

Please log in to read the full chapter