Ch 16 - New Plans

Breaking for you
Please log in to read the full chapter

HannahBanana799476: Mr. Kim Jong Kook! Are you awake? I bet you are! I have news!

All thoughts of Charity and his neglected friendships fly from his mind as he reads Hannah’s newest message. He smiles, charmed as always by the exuberance that practically pours through the phone.

kjk76: I am awake. What’s up?

He sets the phone down on his bed and gathers what he needs to shower, choosing black shorts and a white t-shirt as his outfit for the day.

HannahBanana799476: I got a call from my program director today - it turns out they only admitted TWO PEOPLE. And one is me!

kjk76: Wow! That’s really, really impressive!

Jong Kook grins as he tosses a towel over his shoulder and heads across the apartment to the bathroom. He sets the phone on the counter and strips down, taking a couple of moments to evaluate his physique in the mirror, flexing a couple of times while waiting to see if Hannah has anything else to say. He wonders idly if dating such a smart woman will be a challenge and decides he’s more than up for it. Turning on the shower, he cranks the temperature all the way over to as hot as he can stand, hoping to ease some of the stiffness and tension from his muscles, suffering from lack of sleep the night before.

HannahBanana799476: Thanks! Anyway, since it’s just me and this guy, they’re compressing the orientation schedule. Everything is moved up!

kjk76: Oh?

He waits a couple of moments for a response, feeling a giddy bubble rise in his chest. Steam begins to fill the spacious bathroom and, after a short wait, he hops in the shower. Right after stepping in, he hears his phone chime on the counter. He fights the urge to hop right back out and drip all over the floor, instead forcing himself to soak his sore body under the healing water, feeling his shoulders and back loosen up the longer he stands there. He rummages through the piles of products on the corner shelves, taking his time to pick shampoo and conditioner that will work well with his hair, of course. After scrubbing himself clean, he finally steps out of the glass cubicle and dries himself carefully. Only then does he let himself pick up the phone to see what Hannah said next.

HannahBanana799476:  Yep! So I’m still flying out to LA tomorrow, but instead of doing orientation for a week there, we’re just doing paperwork on Monday and then I’m coming to Korea on Tuesday!

Jong Kook lets out a yell of glee and pumps his fist in the air, feeling his shoulders tense up all over again with excitement. Now that things were moving along, spurred by Kwang Soo’s insistence that he email, all his former reluctance has melted away. He’s ready to go. He can’t wait to see her, to take her out, to get to know her better, to spend time staring into those green eyes that have become so familiar. He wants to figure out how to make her smile, what makes her laugh that ridiculous laugh, what she was like growing up, and what she wants for her future. He has to consciously calm himself before responding, his mind jumping years ahead to marriage, babies, grandchildren. He takes a deep breath before keying his response into his phone, careful to avoid all mention of procreation.

kjk76: Amazing! So our gym trip is going to be sooner than expected, huh?

HannahBanana799476: Yes! And I’ll have a little bit more free time before I have to dive in to my schedule, so maybe you can show me around a bit? ;)

Jong Kook snorts. “Maybe” he’ll show her around a bit. Please. She has no idea.

kjk76: Absolutely, it would be my pleasure. Do you know when you’re getting in? Do you need a ride from the airpor

Please log in to read the full chapter