Ch 21 - Noona? NOONA!

Breaking for you
Please log in to read the full chapter

With an early filming Sunday morning, the three apartment dwellers stumbled out of the house together near dawn with not many words exchanged. Charity looked even more exhausted than usual as they had separated in the building's lobby. Jong Kook moved to ask Kwang Soo what time she had come in that morning, but the aggravated set of his jaw spoke volumes. Now, after a rather efficient filming, the cast gets ready to head in their own directions.

"Kwang Soo, did you really want to hang out today, or were you just trying to avoid Charity?"

"I mostly wanted to avoid Cherry, hyung," he says, glancing over to where she's helping Ji Hyo gather her belongings. "But what do you have planned for the rest of the day? Anything interesting?"

"I'm actually really tired. I don't feel like I've been getting much rest lately."

"Staying awake daydreaming about Hannah?," Kwang Soo ribs with a grin.

Jong Kook grins back and ducks his head, not even pretending to deny it.

"When do you two meet again, hyung?"

"Tomorrow. We're going to the gym."

A sudden burst of laughter startles the pair and they turn to see Gary behind them carrying his own bag. 

"You're really going through with it? You're really taking her to the gym? For a date?"

"She thought it was a great idea," Jong Kook informs Gary indignantly.

Gary considers this for a moment, then concedes by inclining his head slightly. "I suppose your soulmate would spend a good deal of her time there. Let me know how it goes," he calls over his shoulder and walks out to his ride.

"Anyway, I'm going to ride back to Cherry's and get my stuff. I'm going to spend a few days at home. What about you, want to ride back with me?," Kwang Soo asks, pushing the building door open and holding it for Jong Kook.

"Sure," Jong Kook agrees. "I think I'm going to stay another night to pick up Hannah for the gym tomorrow, think Charity will mind if I stay without you?"

"Nah," Kwang Soo says, opening the door to his manager's van and climbing in, Jong Kook right behind. "She won't care. Her daughter arrives tomorrow, so she should probably be in a good mood, even."

"Oh, right. I should probably head home after tonight, then."

"Mmm." Kwang Soo is noncommittal. "I doubt she'd mind if you kept staying. We were talking about Zoe - that's her daughter, I promise you haven't met her," Kwang Soo grins cheekily and Jong Kook elbows him in the side as the van pulls away. "Haha, hyung, I'm just joking with you. Anyway, Cherry and I talked about Zoe coming and she'll stay in Cherry's room with her. She thinks the guest rooms are too far away from her own room in case Zoe gets confused or upset in the night and wants to keep her close." He smiles fondly. "I doubt she'd mind you continuing to use the guest room."

Jong Kook nods and looks out the window, watching the crowds and traffic of Seoul pass by.  The two ride in companionable silence until they arrive at Charity's apartment a short time later. Kwang Soo directs the driver into the basement garage and they hop out. At the elevator, they run into Charity looking down at her phone.

"Cherry." Kwang Soo nods stiffly in her direction. She glances up and nods back. She shifts her eyes to Jong Kook and nods to him as well, and they all step into the elevator. During the ride, the tension in the air is thick, and weirdly, it's between Kwang Soo and Charity rather than Jong Kook and

Please log in to read the full chapter