Mesmerized Much?

Upside Down

Seung Yoon played the guitar with all of his heart that night. His beloved pick was back but he couldn't keep his mind away from a certain someone. That incident never left his mind away. He was just crazy to hug someone in topless condition. It was embarrassing but due to the happiness of reuniting with his long-lost pick, he forgot it for seconds.

Taehyun was unquestioningly charming.

And it hurt him for not knowing this boy's orientation.

That was just a free Saturday night with bunch of finished papers. He already worked on the music homework a week ago because he loved it. Seung Hoon rolled his body beside Seung Yoon on the couch because he was a dead bored boy.

"Yoon?"

"Hmm?"

"Wanna go somewhere for dinner?"

"I thought you cook?" Seung Yoon gained his consciousness as Seung Hoon groaned.

"I can't because I'm ing lazy to do it today. Besides, we are run out of ingredients," Seung Hoon asked.

"Fine let's eat outside. I want nasi goreng," Seung Yoon dreamily said.

"And how about visiting hyung in his cafe?" Seung Hoon mentioned his best friend who graduated first.

"Oh that's great. Let's get ourselves ready then," Seung Yoon enthusiastically hopped to prepare himself.

***

Minho rolled on his bed lazily. He survived the hangover situation and they were officially trapped in the worst Saturday night. The older popped his head up and saw Taehyun with his headset and hand on the mouse. Clicks heard as Minho poked Taehyun's shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"I'm bored."

"So?"

"Let's eat something," Minho stood up.

"Where?" Taehyun wore off his headset.

"Beef?" Minho questioned but he knew that Taehyun loved to eat.

"Fine. Let's go," He turned the laptop off and shooed Minho to change his clothes.

***

Seung Yoon hummed in amusement after the second plate of nasi goreng as Seung Hoon shocked to see the amount of food his best friend consumed just in minutes.

"You are insane," Seung Hoon took his meat and chewed it while Seung Yoon gulped the sweet tea.

"I just like it. So, vanilla latte after this?" Seung Yoon asked as Seung Hoon choked.

"Okay, okay. I get it," Seung Hoon finally laughed as he finished his food.

The night breeze relaxed them due to the hell of weekdays before. They walked casually on the path while commenting about clothes in the shop or whispering things about people they heard in school.

Just a very endearing night.

A side of brown-wood exterior visible as they entered the cafe. Both of them smiled towards the manager who quickly ran to hug them.

"Oh I miss you guys!" His sparkling eyes made Seung Yoon and Seung Hoon wanted to hug him tight.

"Sorry hyung. Kinda busy with someone who lost his pick," Seung Hoon glanced to Seung Yoon whose face got redder.

"Don't worry. Let me take you to a table. What do you like to have?" He asked cheerfully.

"Vanilla latte!" Seung Yoon joyfully replied.

"Expresso," Seung Hoon sat on the chair.

The cafe wasn't quite crowded at the moment. But when it's nearly ten o'clock in the night, the number of customer increased specifically. The door opened once again, revealing a tall boy with another skinny boy who was walking to the counter.

It happened to be Taehyun and Minho.

Seung Hoon waved his hand happily as they reunited again. Days passed and they rarely saw each other even they lived in the same apartment building. Taehyun and Seung Yoon just greeted each other awkwardly as the latter met like a long lost brother. They sat together at last.

"Oh Hoon are they your friend?" The pretty boy asked as Seung Hoon nodded.

"This is Minho and Taehyun. And this barista is Jinwoo hyung," Seung Hoon introduced them.

"Why the cafe is crowd?" Seung Yoon asked Jinwoo as the latter smiled.

"Oh the live performer will be here soon. You must know about Yongbae and Jiyong hyung right?" Jinwoo asked back as their jaw hung open upon the famous name that mentioned so often in the university and even the teacher acknowledged their talent.

"Oh my God I'm a big fan!" Seung Yoon got excited as well as Minho and Seung Hoon and only Taehyun that kept his composure behind those obvious curled lips.

"Well hope they will come soon," Jinwoo took his vibrated phone and answered the call.

Soon, they could saw Jinwoo's face paled. He ended the call and came to see them again. Seung Hoon and Yoon knew something bad must be happened. Minho stared confusedly to the barista and Taehyun felt the thick radiance ahead.

"They can't make it tonight," Jinwoo whispered as they all gasped in silence.

"So what about these waiting customers?" Seung Hoon stared around.

"I don't know myself," Jinwoo thought hard on how to entertain the customer who purposely waited for those two talented musicians.

"Taehyun can sing," Minho said as Taehyun shot him glares.

"You can?" Jinwoo unsurely asked with his pleaded sparkling eyes that even Taehyun stunned into.

"I... I can, actually. But I can't sing alone," Taehyun quickly answered to prevent him standing on that stage, alone, like a dumb.

"Let Seung Yoon played the guitar," Seung Hoon said as Seung Yoon nodded.

"I'll help," Seung Yoon replied as Jinwoo told them to get ready near the stage.

Those two boys stood up and walked silently towards the stage. Taehyun felt like he was going to vomit because of all the nervousness. He never sang in front of people beside Minho who knew about all his passion in music. Taehyun majored in composing, not in performing. He glanced at Seung Yoon who consentrate in strumming the guitar provided there. The latter looked so calm despite the sudden performance.

"Don't be too nervous. We are together on the stage," Seung Yoon smiled as Taehyun felt the weight lessened on his shoulder.

"Wait. What should we sing?" Taehyun asked as Seung Yoon thought about it.

"I'm Yours? Jason Mraz? Hoobastank's The Reason?" Seung Yoon offered some songs.

"I'll take both," Taehyun nodded.

Jinwoo stared at them for approval and Seung Yoon nodded. Taehyun quite surprised by Seung Yoon's calm demeanor in front of people. He then remembered that Seung Yoon must have many recitals before. He was used to performing.

"Good night everyone. Sorry to have you waiting but unfortunately our favorite duo can't make it today. But don't worry; we are now introducing our new duo! Is there any nickname though?" Jinwoo asked the duo as they stared at each other.

"What should we say?" Seung Yoon asked panicky

"Surname?"

"Kang."

"It's KangNam," Taehyun whispered to Jinwoo as Seung Yoon shocked by the sudden nickname of them but silently squealed because it seemed cute.

"Let me present you, KangNam!" Jinwoo said as they stepped onto the stage and bowed.

Seung Hoon and Minho's jaw hung open as soon as Seung Yoon played the guitar and Taehyun started to sing. Taehyun's voice was soft and easy-listening. Seung Yoon's guitar skill and Taehyun's beautiful voice made Jinwoo smiled upon the duo. People stared at them in happiness when Seung Yoon decided to do some background vocal.

Seung Yoon never noticed that Taehyun's voice was endearing. He almost did some mistakes due to the amazement. Sometimes he glanced at Taehyun who seemed to sing his heart out. Hardwork and persistence laying inside his impression about Taehyun besides his cold behaviour.

Taehyun almost choked when he heard Seung Yoon's clear guitar voice. He couldn't play guitar well and silently squealed because it was calming to have him play beside him. Another verse passed and suddenly Seung Yoon gave his backing vocal and Taehyun tried not to lose his focus because of the deep-rock voice that Seung Yoon produced matched perfectly with his voice.

Applauses from all the customers and workers who watched them echoed as the duo sighed in relief. They stood up from the high chair and bowed before went down.

"Wow you two are great! Wanna take this job?" Jinwoo asked as Seung Yoon and Taehyun stared at him.

"What about the real performers?" Taehyun asked.

"They will be happy to see you. And you guys can collaborate!" Jinwoo's idea made Seung Yoon's eyes sparkled.

"That is great actually. Should I?" Seung Yoon turned to Seung Hoon who nodded in happiness.

"Of course you should take it!!" Minho shook Taehyun's shoulder in happiness.

"How about every weekends?" Taehyun asked Jinwoo.

"It's a deal then," Jinwoo clapped his hand and the waiter gave him another set of drink, his treat to the sudden performance.