Chapter 02

Some Truths are Better Left Unsaid

 

Twelve Years Later......

 

"This is N, Did you find anything? Where she live?, Is she married? How's she doing?"

"I'm sorry, We still havent find anything here. They said that child only lived here for one year and suddenly she dissapeared, we will inform you if we found her"

"Ahh, Okay I understand. Please call me if you there is a news"

A man talking to someone on the phone ended the call, he heave a deep sighs and throw his phone inside the car as he close his eyes and kick the empty can infront of him controlling his anger.

"Woah, Woah Calm down, You got dumped?" Another Man shows up, laughs at him and tap his shoulder. He glared at him to stop "Im not in mood for your jokes" He gazes at him angrily and enter the car.

"Let's Go clubbing tonight You like?" the guy asked again to make the mood lighten.

"No thanks" A response from the guy talking on the phone a while ago.

"N,dude You are so Boring what's wrong?" Hongbin said and found N phone to see the text message of someone with a Detective name on his contact along with a picture of a young lady.

"Oh It's her again? She looks familiar but I can't remember.."Hongbin mumbled and N face changed to even darker then pick his phone.

"Don't tell me you are still looking for that girl? c'mon N, don't waste your time for a Nerd like her"- Hongbin.

"Just Shut Up" N closed his fist telling Hongbin to stop or else he will punch him. Their manager asked them to stop fighting, N put earphone to calm himself.

"You've been finding her for so long, Aren't you even tired? Is she that great?" - the manager mumbled because he thought he wouldnt hear it.

"I'm not tired and yes, She is someone that cannot be compared to any girls out there" he replied and stared at his phone seeing the last photo he took before the two of them said goodbyes.

"Seriously, I don't get you. You want to find her because you promise to marry her? That's childish" Hongbin chuckles

"I... I just want to make sure that she's living well, I..I just want to see her again.. I want to know if she's happy or...married already" He stared outside the window and make a sad face by the thought that Sojin is married now after all she's twenty-eight year's old and turning twenty-nine.

"N-ssi, You got so many Drama calls again which one would you like to drop?" -manager and N put back his earphone to play music he level the volume where he can still hear his manager talking.

Cha Hakyeon is known as N, a popular Actor-dancer-singer in korea who get so much attention from the public.

"Tell me the details of each roles" he said and closed his eyes.

The manager start reading the storyline and the role he will play if he accept it.

"This is KBS drama - 'His New Bride', you will play as the groom with a runaway bride and you decided to marry a new woman for replacement"

"And here 'Someday', a guy with a boring life style who dreams to be an Idol. And... Oh~! a movie 'Fight for me' is a action, who loves playing around but fall in love with a woman who he thinks is a part of his lost memories, He will fight just to get the girl he love from bad people" The manager continues to read the storylines and his roles that are all waiting for him to be the male Lead .

"Is there anything else?" he looks bored looking at his manager checking the dramas.

"Yes, there's one remaining but its only a small screen so lets drop it" the manager keep it but N told him to read it first.

"Its 'Family is Coming!', Its A family Drama" the manager.

"Obviously!" Hongbin laughed because their manager sounds retarted saying 'Its a family drama' when its obviously is because of the title. Lol

"You will be portraying a warm-hearted character that is similar to yourself. You will be taking on the role of an detective, with the name Cha Hakyeon, its your real name N!"- manager laughs.

"Continue" N

"The character is one that is well-mannered and cute, with a very good sense of fashion, all the while having a bright personality like that of a child. You is said to play an important role in one of the biggest cases in the drama, for which you will investigates and determines the identity and assets of a grandmother who is connected to the case. "

"Detective Cha Hakyeon? That sounds nice" - N mumbled and smile , he loves the storyline already. Then the manager added something.

"Oh!, And you will also be having a love line with a divorced woman named Choi Dong Joo who will be played by Sojin"

It takes him a seconds , he gasped and opened his eyes , He took his earphone off, he got nervous hearing the name,

"W-wwho?" N shaking voice as he pushed Hongbin out of his way to get near their manager.

“Yah that hurts!" Hongbin yelled.

"Ya- Hyungnim, Who?" he asked.

"What?" the manager confusely asked.

"Who is it ! Her name?" N shouted.

"You mean the cast? Its .." the manager hurriedly take a look in the paper and read it.

"SoJin.. P-park Sojin!" the manager said and N pulled the paper for him to look at it. His hands were shaking and a smile draws into his face.

"What's your problem?" the manager asked.

"Drop all the dramas, and accept this!" He smiled causing Hongbin to react.

"Hey , you're gonna accept that drama even you are not the lead there? But you have so many large screen offers"

"I don't care, I want this one"

"Give me a reason why?" the manager added and got curious because of his reaction hearing that name and N looks at him with a hopeful eyes.

"Hyung-nim, ...Because it might be her"

 

 

 

3 weeks later , It is the day to meet the casts for script reading. N together with Hongbin entered the building to see the casts getting ready. He make sure to look around just to see the girl he is looking for.

"Dude, How sure are you that it is her?"-Hongbin interrupted.

"That's why I am here to confirm it"

"But, I can't see a girl wearing thick glasses here with a nerdy look....AH!" - Hongbin winced when N hit his Head.

"Better shut up Bean" - N glared and walk around greeting the casts Hongbin followed.

They stopped for a while, all the attention turned to a woman who had entered. She has a long straght hair with a apple hairstyle. She greeted everyone and the first thing you will notice is her infectous wide smile that can melts people heart and once you laid your eyes to her eyes you will see her big cat-like eyes that is bright and expressive.

She is also tall and fit, she is wearing red and white stripe cropped top and a white skirt showing her perfect curves. She has an aura of a young teenager and Everyone who will see her will actually say that she is very beautiful.

"Annyeong~" Sojin walks right infront of N and Hongbin to greet them shyly with her aegyo and bow her head a little before she walked again to meet the writer and other casts.

N stunned in his place not moving with his eyes wide open and Hongbin had to call him two times.

"Hongbin-ssi , It's ..."

"I know I know, that chic is hot"- Hongbin looking at Sojin who's sharing laughters with the other casts.

"It-It is Her" N stared at Sojin scanning her one more time

"Who? ...wait, what? You mean, that Girl?" Hongbin laughs , not believing N, saying that it is impossible

"I'm sure of it" - N

"No Way!! Your girl is cute but that Girl" he pointed Sojin "...she's extremely Hot!" Hongbin exclaimed messing N hair.

Then the director went over to greet N thanking him saying that it's a pleasure that he accepted the drama.

"Here's your script" he gave it

"Hyung, I heard I am having a love line with the Lead younger sister, Is it true?" N pretended not to know it asking PD.

"Yes, Yes and now that you mentioned it why don't you talk to your partner? She is in the waiting room now" the director hold his arm and N felt so nervous he look at Hongbin whose laughing and waving his hands saying bye.

"Ah, wait! I,I'll visit her later" N stuttering. He is not ready to meet her now, he wants to atleast check his appearance before facing Sojin but the director drag him.

"Don't worry She is very friendly. She's over there reading her script, introduce yourself to her and be friends because that will make you two more comfortable with each other since she will be your lover in the drama" - N sigh, the director thumbs up and pushed him inside the room disturbing Sojin.

"Oh?" Sojin looks startled seeing him enter without even knocking. He fixed himself and smile at Sojin brightly it is his chance to face her but he noticed that she's busy. Sojin is wearing a striped red white blouse and skirt with a specs she closed the script that she was reading and curiosity was written all over her face.

 

"Did I disturb you?" -N

            “Sorry for barging in.  I see that you’re busy, so ... I’ll stop by later,” N quickly said.  His words were in a careful slow tone like as though he was trying to think out her next sentence. 

Sojin blinked and stood up to greet him she observed how his eyes were fixated on her. The moment she saw his eyes, she thought of one person that reminds her of the guy that is standing infront of her.

"..Ah, No.." She answered

            N stared at the ground in that moment before trying his best to make eye contact with Sojin. However,Sojin eyes would never exactly make that connection she would stare at different parts of the room instead.

"Uhm.. You are Sojin right?" he smiled asking it,

"Yes, and you are?" She slowly asked and looked at his eyes that are smiling.

"...Cha..Cha Hakyeon" Hakyeon walked closer for her to have a closer look of Sojin, Her eyes, that round cat-looking eyes, her cheeks that never changed even after twelve years, her lips, she's still look like that Park Sojin he knows, N smiled and spread his hand and waiting for Sojin to shake hands , It took like fifteen seconds and he saw Sojin looked down at first He thought Sojin was smiling and when she saw her lifting her hand Hakyeon felt overwhelmed, he thought she will hold him for a hug but Instead, a loud Slap sound filled the room.

Sojin dropped her hand after slapping N, her hand pained because of the hard slap that she gave, Her face turned to red controlling her anger, She's gritting her teeth and looking down.

"Get ..Out" She fiercely mumbled, her voice was shaking a bit and she's holding back her tears.

N head turn to the left after getting slapped he was still in shocked, He never expected this to turn out this way. He always imagined of Sojin crying because she missed him so much or Hug him or better more kiss him, but he never thought that she will hate him.

"Why?" He mumbled as he touched his face, Seeing himself on the mirror his face turned red and the mark of Sojin hand is visible.

"What did I Do?" Hakyeon stared at her and same as Sojin, He saw her tears dripping down her cheeks and it hurts him even more than the slap. The look in her eyes was full of anger..sadness and loneliness was written all over her face.

Before Sojin can respond, someone entered the room followed by a staff and saw that horrible situation. Both Sojin and N were staring at each other and Sojin was crying.

"You dare to show up right now!" Sojin yelled.

"Unnie!!" Yura run to her side trying to stop her.

"Tell me what did I do wrong?, Why are you even mad!" N yelled.

"Its all your fault, Why now...Where are you when I needed you the most.!" Sojin voice trailed off and let out a very upset cry, as Yura asked N if he can please leave the room and he did to let Sojin calm, when he left, he breathes heavily and went outside to buy cold drink and put it on his face , while walking near the waiting room he brought a cold drink for Sojin, when he peak and saw Sojin talking to Yura.

 

______________

 

"Unnie! Are you a Pabo? You slapped him because you thought he was that 'Cha Hakyeon' of your's?" Yura hit her head.

"! its his fault, He introduced that he is Cha Hakyeon and I never thought that he was talking about his role name is 'Cha Hakyeon' in this drama" Sojin faced-palmed reminding what she'd done earlier, and the slap sound echoing. She feel sorry for him.

"Wah seriously, I'm going crazy, how can you not recognize him? He is Cha NNN!" Yura scolding Sojin.

"Do I have to know him?" Sojin shrugged.

"that guy is very popular! Yura just stared at her with disbelief.

"...When He told me that he is Hakyeon all the hate I've been keeping inside for a very long time just burst out....'Hakyeon' I hate that name because it reminds me of him. I despise him for everything that happened in my life.He should've come back before"-Sojin started to get teary again

on the other hand, N was still listening to their conversation,

Yura sighs, and Tap Sojin back, "Unnie, Stop that. Focus on your drama I need to go," Yura said

"I know, you should go now."

"Sojin unnie, You should apologize to N oppa okay?"

"Its embarrassing but I will do it" She smiled and waved back to Yura.

After 10 minutes she was memorizing her script when she heard a knock

"Come in"- Sojin and saw N .. her eyes widened

"Yo~!" N greeted waving his hands cutely. "U..uhh.." Sojin doesn't know what to do.

"You're not planning to slap my right cheek, right?" He covered both of his cheeks and acted like he was scared to get slap again and Sojin hid her smile.

"I'm Sorry about earlier, its just I thought you are the Hakyeon i Know" she apologized, they were sitting comfortably.

"Its Okay, I hope you throw all your anger at me" he smiled. "by the way...Here" N gave her the cold drink he bought.

"You slapped me hard, so i think... Your palm probaby hurting" He open Sojin palm that is red, she winced when he put the cold drink in can through her palm. "hold it like that"

"Thanks and Im really sorry, Im embarrassedof for doing that."

"Its okay, can we introduce each other again?" N asked Sojin and she nods.

"My name is, Cha N," He spread his hands and reach hers.

"Im Park Sojin" Sojin smiled brightly making Hakyeon heart beat.

The cast gathered around, the main leads started to exchange their lines, Sojin and N were both facing each other and N keeps staring at her that it gives Sojin a awkward feeling.

"Lets see you on the filming day" - PD

Once the script reading was done all the cast left leaving Sojin and Hakyeon alone waiting.

"Sojin!" A man voice calls Sojin who are still waiting for her manager. The man peek on the window revealing it is Jin Yi Han, the male lead.

"Oppa!!!" Sojin run to where he is.

"Get it, I will drop you at your house" Yi Han said and Hakyeon heard it,

"Sure" Sojin all smiling enter Yi Han car

"Mr. Cha! see yah!" Sojin waving like a kid at him and smiling before they left.

He sighs and start thinking what is he going to do if sojin hates him so much, until the van came to pick him up.

"Did you confirmed that It is her?" Hongbin ask

"Ye"

"Then, What's with your dark aura? You should be happy. Did she hug you? and missed you?" Hongbin.

"She slapped me" Hakyeon showed his face and Hongbin trying not to laugh.

"What?" - hongbin and manager.

"I think Im going crazy now, I over heard the conversation Sojin and Yura"

"Yura was there? damn Hyung you should have told me!" Hongbin whined.

"I heard everything and how much Sojin hate me,.. though I still don't understand the reason why.."

"She got mad when you introduced yourself as Cha Hakyeon?" manager

"Yes.. she cried too and asked me why I only appear now.. she looked like she's in so much pain" Hakyeon breathes heavily.

"Then what happened?"

"She thought, Cha Hakyeon is only my name in the drama and my real name is N"

"So..what did you do?"

"When I saw her crying as she thought I am Cha Hakyeon I made a decision ... It is for her to think that Hakyeon and N are both different person"

"You're going to Lie?" Hongbin gave a look and drink his cola.

"Well yeah... because She was smiling at me when I am NNN and I want to see that smile more often so It would be better to not know the truth.

"I'm afraid that she will keep stop smiling at me when she finds out..that i am Hakyeon." He turned his head and jumped on the bed he looked at them

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

AUTHOR's Note

HAKJIN FEELS EVERYWHERE, I LOVE THIS COUPLE!