Paradox

Paradox

X

Kikwang

She had crushed his heart, and it hadn’t been quick. An agonisingly slow process that had lasted for a few weeks. She’d been through that pain, emotionally and physically.

There were only 2 things she wanted to say to him, more than anything in the whole world.

“I’m sorry.”

“I love you.”

 Maybe, if she had been less selfish, everything would be right. But it wasn't. Nothing would ever be right again.

 

Doojoon

She hadn’t even known what she’d done to him until many years later. She was selfish, not realising that there was more than one person who cared about Kikwang.

 

Junhyung

So many things had gone wrong with him. At least she had tried, but he was just too stubborn to see anyone else. Every moment she’d spent with him had hurt so much – the daily reminder of Kikwang, and the knowledge that she was leading him on.

At least she could empathise (thanks to Doojoon). She’d broken 3 people’s hearts, but his was the worst. Spending a lifetime with someone you truly loved, who didn’t love you back – she only wished he could have listened to her.

If she could have chosen, she would have made him listen to her warnings. Maybe that would have saved them both.

But he didn’t, so now she wanted him to listen to one last thing before she allowed herself to hate him. After all, it was partially his fault. He hadn’t listened, and here they were, stuck for the rest of eternity.

“I’m sorry.”

More than anything, she pitied him – doomed to live forever with the person he hated, the person he’d given his all to.

 

Dongwoon

She’d do it one day, when he was older. She would apologise. But for now, she would watch and in her spare time, find him a new partner. And she would make sure the new girl knew about HyeMi.

She’d deprived him of his girlfriend, taken away his one true love and future wife (he would have proposed eventually), maybe even the mother of his children.

And for that, she was sorry.

 

Hyunseung

At least there was one person in the world who didn’t hate her. Although sometimes she wished he’d never met Gyuri and proposed, because then she wouldn’t have met Junhyung.

But she was being selfish again, because who was she to take away their happiness? She’d done that too many times lately.

 

Yoseob

He looked like a monkey. He really was a perfect match to Jaehwa, who was the sweetest girl she’d met. They were the most fun and most adorable couple she’d matched. Their happiness was the reason she loved her job.

And here was one thing she didn’t regret.

 

Hana

Everything, everyone – it all came down to her, Kim Hana. She had caused death, misery, pain and hurt in all of them, yet she sometimes brought happiness and love.

Who was she? An Angel of Love. An immortal. A spirit.

But in reality, she was nothing but a weak, selfish girl who, long ago, rejected true love, and never truly understood the consequences until now.


Sequel: Cursed.

Next chapter: behind the scenes