Junhyung [Encountered]

Paradox

III

“Junhyung-ah!” Hyunseung waved him over, a girl clinging to his arm. “This is Gyuri, my fiancée.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yong Junhyung imnida.” Junhyung bowed formally.

“Junhyung, don’t be so formal.” Hyunseung rolled his eyes. “You guys should be comfortable around each other.”

“Don’t be mean to him, oppa,” Gyuri scolded. “I’m sorry, Junhyung. May I call you oppa?”

“Oh, sure. And before I forget again, congratulations!”

Matching thousand-watt smiles broke out on their faces as they gazed at each other. “Thanks, buddy,” Hyunseung said.

“If I can ask, how did you guys meet?”

“A friend of mine was having a party, and she invited Hyunseung. Simple,” Gyuri said, shrugging.

“I didn’t want to go, but I had this…instinct, or sixth sense. A gut feeling, I guess,” Hyunseung added. “And we met at the party, we talked and swapped numbers.”

“Ah. So who’s the matchmaker?” Junhyung asked.

“I’ll go get her!” Gyuri volunteed before disappearing into the crowd.

“Enough about us,” his hyung said. “What about you? Got a girlfriend? Got your eye on anyone yet?” Before Junhyung could reply (“Not yet, but when I see her, I’ll know.”), Hyunseung pointed to Gyuri and another girl talking. “Oh, look, there’s our matchmaker now.”

“Hyung, who’s that?” Junhyung grabbed his arm urgently.

“That’s Hana. Kim Hana, our matchmaker. Party creator and invitor,” Hyunseung answered, puzzled. “Why?”

“That’s her. She’s the one.”

Almost like she could hear him, the girl turned and glared.