Junhyung [Encountered]

Paradox

V

It was a beautiful sight, the night sky. A dark, deep blue that twinkled with distant stars – it was one of the few reasons that she did her assignments as a mortal. It was a sight she would rather enjoy alone, but everything seemed to be going against her at the moment.

“It’s lovely,” Yong Junhyung said reverently, before turning his eyes to Hana. “Just like you.”

The worst part was that she knew he wasn’t flattering her or chatting her up – he was being completely honest. 

“Please stop,” she responded wearily.

“Stop what? Stop telling the truth?” His eyes were sincere, burning with a passion that scared her. “I’m sorry. I don’t want to scare you off.”

“Junhyung-ssi…” She sighed.

“Call me oppa, please.”

“Junhyung-ssi, please stop,” she repeated. “I know that you like me. But you chose the wrong person to like.”

“Why? You’re my soul-mate. I can see it,” Junhyung persisted.

“I know. I can see it too,” she said miserably.

“So you know we’re meant to be together!”

“Maybe we are, but I know we will never, ever work out. Never.”

“And how would you know?” He crossed his arms, patience wearing thin. 

“Please, Junhyung-ssi,” Hana pleaded. “What you feel for me…isn’t good for me or you. Please, just forget about me. Move onto someone else.”

“Just give me a chance!” he insisted. “Look, I know this is the first time I’ve met you, but I really, really like you, okay?”

She stopped and turned, placing her hands on her hips. “I think you’re a great guy, but this would never work out between us. Trust me, please. It won’t work.” 

“How would you know?” Junhyung repeated. “You haven’t given me a chance – just flat out rejection.”

“Let’s just assume that I know things, alright? I know that Hyunseung and Gyuri were meant to be. I know that Siwon and Myung Hee were meant to be. And I know that while we may be soulmates, what I am means it will never, ever work out.”

“And what are you? Married? Lesbian?”

“No!”