Chapter 20

I'm Sorry

“Good morning…”


Seunghyun greeted Dara once they gathered at the kitchen to have their breakfast… this would be the last day of their get away… the last night’s events were still fresh in her memory… that she found her comfort in Jiyong’s arms that night but still she knows they have to go back to their own reality when morning comes…


They both sneaked the ways back to their room before everyone woke up... silence enveloped them as they headed back to their rooms... if only they could be with other longer...


Jiyong never spoke more… but just let her do what she wants… as much as he wanted to take her back that night, he too realized that it would bring her in pain… he has to settle things first before he could pursue her again… even it pains him to see her with other guy, he must endure it until he could resolve everything.


“Good morning…”


Dara answered back… Seunghyun smiled sweetly to her just like he used to do… he can’t let her know the uneasy feeling he’s feeling right now… it was hard for him to make up his mind and to push himself to act normal after what he knew last night…


He had a sleepless night and when the morning came, he gathered himself to forget everything and just focus on what he feels for Dara… he knows he’ll be selfish for not telling Jiyong everything… but it would be unfair for his part if he would just accept everything and let her go easily…


He would at least try his chances… love Dara until she too would love him back… but if in the end she would still choose her… no matter how heart breaking it would be for him, maybe… just maybe he could set her free…


He sat beside Dara… the others also came after him... Jiyong then came and sat across from her and beside Sohee… it was awkward… especially for Dara’s part… as Jiyong keeps his eyes on her while she on the other side couldn’t look at him…


Both Seunghyun and Sohee have their minds into thinking what happened between Dara and Jiyong last night… but then came to a conclusion that maybe they didn’t decide to get back with each other… And this would be a chance for both of them to claim Jiyong’s and Dara’s heart even if it takes them a while to gather it… even they looked like a selfish fool for loving a person who seemed not to love them back.


Everyone on the table started to chat happily… Sohee and Seunghyun also tried to act normal as possible but still cautious as to what Jiyong and Dara’s doing.




Dara kept her silence as she eats her food… Jiyong on the other hand kept his gaze on her and would bow his head whenever she looks away from him…




“Dara… are you okay…?”




Seunghyun suddenly reached for her cheek and caressed it gently… she stiffened on her seat when he did that… she took a quick glance on Jiyong who’s now looking at them with a hint of anger in his eyes.




She felt uneasy about it… so she quickly held on to Seunghyun’s hand and pull it down from her face.




“Ah… yes… wha- why…?”




She let a weak smile to everyone who also stopped from eating… so they continued their chat while Jiyong and Sohee are still watching them




“You seem lost… you barely talk…” Seunghyun said… worried painted on his face




“I’m fine… don’t worry...”




She said before taking a quick glance again at Jiyong… Seunghyun knows it all… he saw how she would take steal glances on him and he saw how he would look at her and watch her eat… it pains him seeing them like that… he glanced at Sohee and knew that she too also knows what’s happening.




Seunghyun’s now thinking that maybe he shouldn’t have known about their past… that if only he was not there last night… that if only he never saw them together and knew everything from Sohee… so that the he’s not feeling the tormenting pain right now… it’s not easy to stay calm and natural when deep inside him his heart’s totally weeping.




After their breakfast… all of them went again to the beach… Seunghyun accompanied Dara throughout the day… he would make sure that she’s always in his sight… so that Jiyong would not take any opportunity to be with her… afraid that once he would go near her again… Dara would take everything that Jiyong would tell her… and she may now fall for him and leave him.



----



Sohee felt Jiyong’s different self… all she could do is to stick with him all the time… not leaving his side… afraid that what happened last night between Dara and Jiyong would happen again and this time they would get back together.




Jiyong and Dara are both feeling suffocated… for they know that they can’t be with each other... even they both know that their hearts are screaming for each others name… and for they both can’t hurt the people they love...




If he’s only thinking of himself…. He would have just take Dara away… live their life with freedom… but he knows Dara would be in pain if he do that… she’s too kind and caring for her to hurt the people who’s involve with them…. What a forbidden love they have.




“Oppa… Saranghae…”




Sohee suddenly said to Jiyong once they have the time to be alone with each other… the others are busily playing… Seunghyun and Dara are out of sight… while Jiyong is still drown on his own thoughts…




Sohee wanted to cry… thinking that, if he could see her pain right now, would he notice her…? Would he also love her back…? But no… she chose this route… selfishness took over her… let him be drown in his own thoughts as long as he is still beside her for her to love and care.




She reached for his face when she didn’t get any reaction… and just then he snapped out from his deep thoughts… he wondered why Sohee cupped his face… but then realized what she’s doing when their faces are slowly closing the gap from each other.




He quickly held her hands to stop her… he can’t… he can’t kiss her back… he can’t let her lips touch his for he knows it doesn’t belong to her… he can’t give his kiss away to someone he doesn’t love.




She stopped… tears are starting to form on the brim of her eyes but able to suppress it from falling… how many times did he reject her…? It was always been rejection when it comes to her… when will be the time when she could feel his acceptance…? But then again… for her, she would accept every rejection from him… as long as he would stay by her side.




“Mianhe…”




He said to her as he pulled her hands from his face… he held both of her hands on her lap as he bowed his head down… he never wanted to hurt Sohee… but still the fact the he loves someone and can’t love Sohee back would definitely hurt her… he just can’t… he just can’t make himself love her back.




Tears then started to fall down from his eyes unconsciously… Sohee was surprised when his tears fell on her hands…




“I’m sorry Sohee-ah…”




He said again as tears continuously poured down… she knows what he’s thinking… he wants everything to end now… her eyes widened as she shook her head side by side… hoping that the thoughts would also be shaken away… she can’t let go of him… not now… not forever.




“Oppa…. What are you talking about…?”




Her voice trembled but still manage to stay calm…she tried to pull her hands from his hold but he just tightened it… his head stayed bowed.




“I… I can’t hurt you anymore… Sohee… I’m sorry… but I still love Dara…”




He finally said it… even though Sohee expected it… it doesn’t still doesn’t change the surprised feeling she felt as she heard it from him… she pulled her hand once again and now managed to break free from his hold… her suppressed tears finally escaped from her eyes..




“NO…!”




She yelled which took Jiyong into surprise… he looked at her and saw the tears falling from her eyes… he doesn’t want to see it… he doesn’t want to see her in pain… but everything should be settled once and for all.





“Sohee-ah… I-…”





He didn’t get to finish his sentence for Sohee cut him off… she hugged him tight while still on her tears… she hugged him so tight that he felt his body's aching but he just let her be… rested her face on his shoulder as she continued crying.





“You can’t do this to me oppa… please… I love you so much… I… I don’t care if you still love her… it doesn’t concern me oppa…. But please… don’t leave me…. Please don’t… I would die…. Please… I’ll die of you leave me…”




Jiyong got surprised more… he never heard Sohee being like this back then… he never heard her plead for him … how she thought of everything like this... she sounded so scared...




He held on to her shoulders and tried to pull her to face him… but she didn’t budge and hugged him tighter…




“Sohee-ah… please…”




“No…! Don’t… please… don’t leave me… I’ll do anything that you want… you can love her as much as you want… but please don’t leave me…”




She’s now shaking from too much crying… Jiyong’s heart felt it broke into millions of pieces… he never expected everything to turn out like this… why is Sohee being like this…? He thought… his heart then sunk when he realized what she meant…




“Please… please don’t leave me… I love you so much… I’ll die oppa….”





Does it mean he could never have Dara back…? His mind went blank for a while as the girl in front of him continuously wept… as she tightened her hold on him… his tears have dried by now…




Until after a while... no matter how it would break him... no matter how it would make him insane... and no matter suffocating it would be...





“I… I won’t leave you…”




He said weakly as he caressed her back to soothe her… he doesn’t know what to do now… he can’t hurt Sohee… but then… how about Dara…? He loves her so much that he wanted to go to her right now and stay by her side… but right now… he can’t…





Sohee needs him more... how could he hurt someone as good as her... all she did for him is to make him get back onto his life... maybe this is not the right time for this... not the right time for his selfishness... maybe it would take time for him to finally convince Sohee… maybe she’s just surprised by his sudden words… he thought.




“I’m sorry… please don’t cry anymore…”




He continuously her back… a smile crept on her lips for she finally convince him to stay… she closed her eyes and felt his warmth… the warmth that she will always love… the warmth that will always give life to her…




He felt her breathing suddenly became even… she fell asleep on his shoulder and he just let her be… maybe he just need more time… they both need more time to finally settle things… he have to endure more pain until he could have her back..




"Mianhe...."




He whispered to her... the last and only thing he could tell her... just a simple word but definitely means a lot for him...