Chapter 10

I'm Sorry

[Dara’s POV]

I’m glad that I got to survive the first day in job…. All those awkward moments with Jiyong was too painful to bear… good thing that Seunghyun’s there… But the way Jiyong looks at me, I can’t understand those looks… Why do I have to suffer like this..?




I’ll see him again tomorrow… then the next day… and the day after that… good thing we don’t have work during weekends… Physically, I know I won’t be tired doing those paper works… but emotionally, I have to prepare myself on more on what’s going to happen next…


----



[Jiyong’s POV]


This is awful…. Seeing her face brings pain to me… what more to see her happy with another man… how can she act so casually around him like she have known him for a long time…? I must… can’t be jealous…. I’m just afraid that my friend would be hurt just like what Dara did to me…




Does she know how much Seunghyun fell for her….? What will happen if she knew…? Will she accept him…?




“Oppa… are you okay…? You seem so distracted…” Sohee said… we’re on a restaurant eating dinner… do I have to tell her that Dara’s in our company…?




“Ahmm… I’m fine… just stress from work…” I said as I started to eat.




“Oh… poor oppa…. We should just have dinner at my apartment so I could give you a massage after that…” she said as she smiled… I’m so grateful that Sohee is here to ease my stress…




“Then tomorrow… give me one…” I said teasingly and she chuckled… we continued eating until I decided to tell her everything.




“Sohee-ah… Dara’s working in the company now…” I said and saw her stopped from eating… I reached for her hand and held it.




“Ah… really oppa…” she said as she looked up at me forcing a smile




“Are you worried…?” I said as I caressed her hand… I saw a crease on her forehead and I know that she’s worried




“Honestly I am…” she said as she pouted… I giggled as I saw how cute she acts




“Don’t be okay… everything between Dara and I already ended… what between us is what really matters now… Trust me okay…” I said assuring her… and finally she smiled and blushed.




“Yes oppa… I trust you…” she said… we continued eating and telling her everything helped me at least to release my stress… she’s so understanding and I know I didn’t make a wrong choice for choosing her.




After we ate I brought her to her house… the trip was fun because of her stories about her work… she never fails to bring smile to me.




“Oppa goodnight…!” She said as she kissed my cheek before going out from my car.




“Goodnight…! I’ll pick you up tomorrow…” I said as I waited for her before she went inside her apartment.




My smile vanished as I remembered that tomorrow I’ll be seeing ‘her’ again… and not only tomorrow but also the next days…. I can’t just escape this can’t I…?


---


[Dara’s POV]


I decided to rent a small space or rather an apartment if I’ll e staying here in Korea for quite long… I think staying only in this hotel would cost me more… I’ll just wait for my first salary before I move out and find myself an apartment.




The next day Seunghyun asked me again if he could bring me to work and of course I rejected him… what would his employees think if they saw their boss bringing with him his employee to work... He’s so nice that sometimes I feel guilty rejecting him… I know that he understands me and I’m happy because of that.




Once I arrived at the building, I saw Jiyong entering the building too… why would Jiyong and I have to arrive at the same time…? I knew this would be another awkward moment for me… great way to start my morning.




“Good morning…” he said as we both entered the elevator… there aren’t many people in the elevator and I hope they won’t come out till I reach my floor… I don’t want to be left out with him.




“Ah… yes good morning…” I said as I forced a smile and bowed to him a little… then silence… why does this elevator takes so long to reach my floor… then ding…! The door opened but unfortunately it’s still not my floor…




The others inside all went out which only left the two of us… just great…. I unconsciously let out a deep sigh and immediately covered my mouth… I slowly looked at him and good thing he didn’t hear me…




After a while of excruciating awkwardness the door opened again… and I know this time it’s his floor…




“Have a nice day…” he simply said as he took a quick glance at me before going out… I didn’t have any chance to answer back… would it be too much for him to look at me and talk to me…? Again, I let out a sigh…




Finally I reached my floor and went to Seunghyun’s office to report… I knocked once before opening the door but instead of him, it was Mr. Lee who greeted me…




“Oh Ms. Park… Good morning… Sir went directly to his first meeting…” he said as he arranged the papers over Seunghyun’s desk.




“Oh Mr. Lee… it’s my job to do that…” I said as I quickly approached him and grabbed the papers from him… he just smiled at me and gave me the papers




“Ms. Park you’re really a fine lady… I’m so glad the young master has found you…” he said as I finished arranging the papers… I didn’t get what he said but can’t help but be happy about it…




“Oh…Mr. Lee… just call me Dara… I said




“The young master has really changed since he met you… back then he was so serious and almost forgot about having fun but then when he met you, it’s my first time to see him in so much happiness…” he said smiling




“Oh… Mr. Lee… you know I didn’t do anything… Seunghyun was just naturally sweet…” I said.




“How long have you know Seunghyun…?” I asked him out of curiosity




“Well… I’ve been working in their family for quite a long time now… I have watched him as he grew up…” he said… I admired his loyalty to the Choi family




“Don’t you have a family of your own Mr. Lee..?” I asked him




“I had a wife but she died early… we didn’t have a child so now the Choi family is my remaining family…” he said looking outside the window




“I’m sorry about that Mr. Lee…” I said




“No it’s okay Dara… I have no regrets when my wife died… I gave her every love that I could give her before she dies… and I’m also glad that the Choi family is still welcoming me with their warm hearts…” he said… I can’t help but to feel sad and happy at the same time for him… I know he really loved his wife and especially Seunghyun’s family…




Talking with Mr. Lee made me knew him more and of course Seunghyun… it’s funny to hear about his childhood… but sometimes it’s sad to know that he didn’t have much friends when he was younger… maybe because of being the only heir of a great business made him an outcast among the common children.




I went to my desk which is just outside Seunghyun’s office and started my work… it wasn’t really hard because all I have to do is to arrange papers, retype some documents and answer calls… Seunghyun’s still not finished with his meeting… he sure is a busy man in such a young age.




His meeting ended just before the lunch… he approached me on my desk wearing a warm smile… I quickly stood up and bowed to him… coz first of all he’s still my boss.




“Come on Dara… let’s go eat lunch…” he said




“But you’re my boss Seunghyun-ah…” I said shyly




“So…? Come on let’s eat downstairs… I want to try the foods at the canteen…” he said




“What..? You mean you haven’t visited the canteen yet..?” I said in disbelief




“Nope… coz I don’t have time to go down and eat… I just have my food delivered to my office…” he said as he smiled again… I just nodded and followed him… so this will be his first time to eat with his employees… I can’t help but to be happy with it.




“Oh… I’ll invite Jiyong… is it okay with you…?” he said before we enter the elevator…




“Ah… yes… sure…” I said for honestly it would be odd if I say no…




It was only the two of us first inside the elevator since his office is in the top floor… I feel a little awkward whenever an employee goes inside and bowed to him… even an older employee bows to him… he’s really a great figure in this building… I thought.




I can’t talk to him inside the elevator because I don’t want others to think on how casually I could talk to him since I’m only his assistant… good thing he’s just quiet until we reach the last floor.




“You’re so quiet in there…” he said as we got out in the elevator… I told him my reason honestly and he chuckled.




“You don’t have to worry about them… talk to me whenever you want to… I don’t want you to treat me like a boss…” he said sadly which made me feel a little guilty… I remembered how he was when he’s still a kid… without having friends because of his status…




“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to…” I said shyly




“No it’s okay.. so next time don’t hesitate talking to me okay…?” he said as he smiled again… I nodded and smiled back…




We reached the canteen and I could see the employees surprised to see him… they quickly greeted him… I saw Jiyong on one table waiting for us… we approached him and then we went to the counter to order some foods.




“My treat…” Seunghyun said as he paid all of our foods… Jiyong and I didn’t do anything but just agreed… we sat on one table as the other employees keep on looking at us which makes me a little uncomfortable.




Seunghyun sat beside me while Jiyong sat across us… I tried to act normal as possible and good thing Jiyong does too.




“So how’s your meeting Seunghyun…?” I asked him… trying to ignore the presence of Jiyong… Seunghyun turned to me smiling




“Everything went well… thanks to Jiyong” he said




“I’m just doing my job…” Jiyong said simply




“Hmmm… stop with your humble pretending Jiyong…” Seunghyun said smirking… I can’t help but just to watch them as they throw tease with each other… they’re really close…




[Jiyong’s POV]


It’s my first time to see Seunghyun eating at the canteen… maybe it’s all because of Dara… he has truly changed when he met her… seeing them together again makes me a little envious… As much as I tried to ignore her presence… I just can’t…




“Dara… why aren’t you eating so much…? Don’t you like the food in here…?” Seunghyun said… I looked at Dara’s plate and saw that she hasn’t almost touch it yet… what’s wrong with her…? Since when does she have a low appetite..?




“Uhmm no Seunghyun-ah… The food is delicious… I’m just chewing it properly…” she said as she smiled to him… she didn’t change… she always likes to joke just to cover herself… My heart skipped when Seunghyun suddenly got her utensils and sliced her food… I saw her looked at me but I looked away.




“Seunghyun… I could do it myself you know…” I heard her say… I looked back at them




“There… I sliced it all… that could help you to eat properly…” he said smiling at her… they look like lovers…




Please… stop smiling back at him… stop him from doing things for you…. Back then I was the one who make everything for you….




Why can’t I help myself from hurting seeing you happy with another man… you don’t belong to me anymore Dara… please stop hurting me… because I don’t know how long I could suppress myself from breaking out from this pain….