Chapter 8

Sunshine

 

The day was finally here.
 
Daejun's birthday. 
 
It is official. Daejun is one years old, Daehyun thought as he watched Daejun laughing as his grandfather and uncle played with him.
 
"Your father had the same look when you were Daejun's age." His mother spoke as she appeared beside him.
 
Daehyun looked at his mother in confusion. "What look?"
 
"The look of watching your child and knowing that they are growing up." His mother answered.
 
"Oh." Daehyun replied just as a knock on the door was heard.
 
"Is that my other children?" His mother asked.
 
"Yup that should be them." Daehyun said as he went to answer the door. 
 
As soon as he opened the door he was greeted by his group members holding gifts. 
 
Once he let them inside Youngjae joked, "Where is the birthday boy who couldn't possibly your son?"
 
"Ha.Ha. He's in the backyard with my dad and brother." Daheyun said. "You can put the gifts in the kitchen."
 
They nodded and followed Daehyun into the kitchen. They said hi to 'Mama Jung' as they like to call Daehyun's mom and went to the backyard.
 
"Oh Daejun-ah look its your other uncles. Go attack!" Daehyun's brother said to Daejun and pointed at the group members of BAP right before he flopped on the ground. 
 
"Daejun-ah! Come to your favorite uncle!" Youngjae opened his arms wide.
 
Daejun looked at him and started crawling. Everyone was shocked as he got close to Youngjae, but laughed as Daejun looked at him again and crawled around him to Jongup.
 
Jongup smiled and went down to pick up Daejun. 
 
Daejun then kept crawling and took one giant look up to Junhong, then continued on his way. He then reached Himchan who bent down, "Daejun-ah! I knew you loved me more!"
 
If they didn't know Daejun could move fast, they did now because he zoomed his way behind Daehyun.
 
"Thanks Himchan. You have scared my child." Daehyun picked up Daejun. 
 
"I did not scare him." Himchan pouted.
 
Yonguk chuckled and went towards Daejun. Yonguk smiled and waved at Daejun. Daejun looked at him curiously. He seemed to think for a second before reaching his arms towards his uncle Yonguk, which his uncle Yonguk gladly took him in his arms. 
 
"What?! Yonguk is the favorite?" Youngjae asked astonished. 
 
"I think its because hyung didn't talk." Junhong pointed out.
 
"True. Yonguk didn't talk." Himchan agreed.
 
Yonguk just grinned and turned to Daejun. "Do I need to talk Daejun?"
 
Daejun put his hands over Yonguk's mouth. Yongguk then replied, "See." Then acted like he was going to bite Daejun's hands causing Daejun to giggle.
 
Everyone laughed and left it alone. 
 
Kids really like Yonguk hyung. Daehyun thought as they all piled inside to sing happy birthday to Daejun. 
 
Daejun smiled as they sung happy birthday and brought a little cake out with a candle. Daehyun was behind him and when it was time Daehyun told him, "Daejun-ah blow out the candles. Go.." Then Daehyun demonstrated. Daejun tried to follow suit, but failed. Daehyun chuckled and blew out the candles just as Daejun tried again, so it looked like he did it. Daejun turned to look at his dad and grinned. 
 
Happy Birthday Daejun. Appa and Omma love you.