Chapter 11

Sunshine

 

*Five Years Later*
 
Daehyun heard the front door slam shut  then running and another door slam shut. What is going on? He thought.
 
He walked his way towards Daejun's room and knocked on the door. "Daejun-ah."
 
After hearing no response, Daehyun walked in and found Daejun on the bed crying. He went over and touched Daejun's shoulder gently. "Daejun-ah. What's wrong?"
 
Daejun gazed up at his father with crying eyes. "Where's omma? I want to see her. I want to read the letter she wrote me."
 
Daehyun was in shock. "Daejun-ah what happened?"
 
"It doesn't matter what happened. I want Omma." 
 
"Omma is everywhere watching us. I told you that." Daehyun replied calmly.
 
"I want to read the letter." Daejun demanded.
 
"I told you, you can read it when you're older.  When your old enough to understand." Daehyun explained. 
 
"You always tell me that." Daejun whined. "I'm old enough to understand now appa. I'm old enough."
 
"With the way you're acting, you're not." Daehyun said.
 
Daejun then pushed his dad towards the door and bursted out in anger. "Get out!"
 
"Daejun-ah!" 
 
"No! Get out!" Daejun screamed. Once he got his dad on the other side of the door he continued. "I hate you!" Then slammed the door in Daehyun's face.
 
Daehyun stood there in shock. Did he just say that he hated me? He thought. He couldn't believe it. 
 
After standing there for a few minutes he went downstairs and sat down. 
 
Daehyun spent hours just sitting there until he noticed it was dinner time. He stood up and went made dinner. He put dinner on a try and brought it up to Daejun's room. 
 
He took a deep breathe and knocked on the door. Once again he was met by silence. Daehyun opened the door a crack and poked his head in. He noticed Daejun laying there with his eyes closed. 
 
He's sleeping. He thought as he silently walked in and set the tray down on Daejun's night stand.
 
Daehyun went to put some hair out of Daejun's face, but stopped. Sighing he got up and went out of the room into his own. He sat at his desk. He then took out his journal and began to write.
 
Dear Cho Hee,
 
Today has been a horrible day. I never once thought Daejun would say...would say that he hated me. It is the most horrible feeling in the world. I feel just as bad as the day you left.
 
Cho Hee ah. I miss you.
 
I once again don't know what to do or how to handle this. I know he is ten years old and is being a kid. I know he could say it and not mean it. My heart hurts, Cho Hee.
 
He was so upset because of the other kids picking on him for not having a mother. Then once again wanted to know where you were. I kept telling him you were everywhere watching us. Protecting us. He wanted to know exactly where you were. He wanted the letter that you wrote him. 
 
I kept telling him when he is old enough to understand. Maybe now is the time he would understand?
 
I'll give him the letter tomorrow.
 
See you tomorrow my love.
 
Daehyun