Chapter 6

Sunshine

 

In the middle of the night Daehyun took a breathe and got up immediately as he heard Daejun cry. As he got inot the room Daehyun pouted, "Aww Daejun-ah what's wrong?"
 
Daehyun picked him up. "Shh. Daejun-ah, you hungry?"
 
Nope.
 
Diaper.
 
Nope.
 
He must be tired, Daehyun thought. 
 
"Shh Daejun-ah. Want appa to sing to you?" Daehyun asked.
 
Daehyun started to sing and while he was singing he noticed Daejun sniffle a little and smile. he smiled back and kept singing softly to him. 

Not long after, Daehyun heard a light snore. Smiling he laid Daejun down and made sure he stayed asleep before he slipped out of the room.
 
Daehyun closed his eyes and slept a little longer. When he woke up, he surprised himself by waking up before Daejun.
 
After checking on Daejun, Daehyun took a quick shower and got dressed. He then checked on Daejun again. Still finding him asleep he decided to get a bottle ready and everything set up for Daejun. 
 
By the time Daehyun had everything ready, Daejun woke up with a cry. "Daejun-ah! Appa's coming!" Daehyun yelled and ran to the room. 
 
When he got into the room, he instantly picked up Daejun. "Shh. Daejun-ah. Appas here." 
 
Once Daejun calmed down a little, Daehyun changed his diaper and brought him downstairs so he could eat. He fed him. He burped him. 
 
Daehyun played with Daejun.
 
Made Daejun laugh.
 
Made Daejun smile.
 
At the end of the day, Daehyun was proud of himself. He had taken care of his son without getting frustrated. His son had hardly cried and was all smiles.
 
It was a good day.
 
When the day ended Daehyun was laying on the couch asleep with his arms around Daejun who was fast asleep laying on his appa.