Chapter 10

Sunshine

 

Five years later, Daehyun was nervous. It was the day Daejun was not only going to school, but starting to go all day. Daejun was going to start kindergarten.
 
Daejun tugged on his dad. "Appa do I have to go to school?"
 
Daehyun looked at him with sad eyes. "Yes Daejun you have to go to school. Just think though afterwards appa will take you out and you can tell appa all about your day."
 
"Where are we going to go?" Daejun asked.
 
Daehyun thought and let out a 'hmmm'. "How about getting some cheesecake?"
 
Daejun nodded his head and smiled. "I love cheesecake!"
 
Daehyun chuckled. "I know you do and so do I. So lets make a deal."
 
"What kind of deal?" 
 
"You go to school and be good, then appa will definitely take you to go get cheesecake." Daehyun answered.
 
Daejun let out a 'hmmm' in thought just like his appa. He then nodded his head.
 
"Sounds good?" Daehyun questioned with a smile.
 
"Yup. Sounds good."
 
"So we have a deal?" Daehyun put out his hand for a pinky promise. 
 
Daejun looped his pinky with Daehyun's and said. "Yup."
 
Daehyun smiled and took Daejun to school. 
 
While Daejun was at school, Daehyun didn't know what to do. He cleaned the house. Sat there and watched some TV. He ate. Soon enough Daehyun looked at the clock and noticed that in an hour he can go get Daejun from school. What to do for the last hour. he thought. 
 
An idea came to him. Daehyun went to his desk and got out a journal he kept. The journal had everything about him and Cho Hee in it. Pictures. Letters. He even wrote in it after she left. Just random thoughts to her and wanting to find her. Ever since he got Daejun though, he wrote to her about Daejun.
 
Dear Cho Hee,
 
Today is Daejun's first day of kindergarten. You should have seen it. He didn't want to go. I didn't know what to do, but once I figured it out I made a deal with him. If he went to school and was good, I would get him cheesecake. I have to say his reaction made me laugh. He is definitely my child. The love of cheesecake. I know you know how much I love cheesecake. I will say this, cheesecake used to be number 1 till you came along. You have always been my number 1. When Daejun came to me, he instantly shared the spot with you. You and him will always be my number 1. Cheesecake will be number 2. I can hear you laughing at that part. I miss hearing you laugh. I miss hearing your voice. I miss you. 
 
Sigh. Daejun is almost done with school. I will write you another letter soon my love. 
 
Love,
Daehyun