Chapter 1

Sunshine

~One Year Later~

 

Daehyun turned over in bed. Yawning  he stretched out his body. Time to get up, he sighed.

 

He didn't want to get up because when he did reality set in. She wasn't there and she wasn't coming back.

 

A knock on the front skirt interrupted his thoughts.

 

"Who would be here this early in the morning? " Daehyun mumbled as he opened the door to find a man in a suit standing in the doorway with a woman holding a carseat.

 

"Hi. How can I help you?" Daehyun said politely.

 

"My name is Hwang Junsu and I'm a lawyer. This is Ms. Minjee Choi and she is a social worker." The man introduced himself and the woman.

 

Daehyun immediately asked, "A lawyer? For who?"

 

"I represent Im Cho Hee . You knew her, correct?" Junsu asked.

 

Daehyun froze. Did I hear right, he thought.  "Did you say Im Cho Hee?"

 

Junsu answered, "Yes sir, I did. Now you knew her correct?"

 

Daehyun nodded his head. "Wait did you say knew her?"

 

Junsu looked Daehyun straight in the eye and said, "Yes sir I did. Im Cho Hee passed away giving birth to your son. were you not aware of her death?"

 

Daehyun shook his head. He couldn’t believe it. Cho Hee is dead. His eyes went back to the lawyer and asked, "Did you say son?"

 

"Yes sir. She has letters  written for you and your son, Jung Daejun. We would have tried to contact you sooner, but we had trouble since no one in her family wanted to take care of Daejun. " He answered.

 

"His name is Jung Daejun?" Daehyun asked.

 

"Yes and he is right here. Would you like to meet him?" Minjee replied.

 

Daehyun nodded his head and watched Minjee fiddle with the car seat.

 

A small cry was heard. "Shhh. Its okay Daejun.  Shhh. Want  to meet your appa? "

 

Before he knew it there before him was a small baby. Minjee motioned him to take the baby.

 

Daehyun hesitantly put his arms out and took the baby in his arms. 

 

As if the baby knew he was being held by his dad, he stopped being fussy and sighed in content.

 

A smile crepped up on Daehyun's face.

 

Nice to meet you Jung Daejun, he thought.