Chapter 3

Sunshine

Today is the day,Daehyun thought as he got dressed. The test results are in. 

 

Daehyun took one last look in the mirror to make sure he looked alright. He nodded his head in approval and made his way to his car.

 

After a few minutes of driving, Daehyun parked his car. He got out and made his way in the building. 

 

As he reached the lawyer's office he took a deep breathe and knocked on the door.

 

Hwang Junsu opened the door and smiled. "Oh Daehyun. Hi. Come in."

 

Daehyun didn't say a word. He just smiled and walked in.

 

His lawyer was already there along with the social worker, Minjee, and of course Daejun.

 

Junsu sat down at his desk. "Since everyone is now here, shall we get this rolling?"

 

Daehyun's lawyer agreed as did Minjee.

 

Daehyun just sat there in silence. He already knew what the results would tell them. In truth he wanted the results to be revealed, so he can take of his son.

 

It's all Daehyun has been thinking about.

 

His son.

 

Daejun.

 

"Daehyun?" His lawyer said shaking him slightly.

 

Daehyun shook his head to get him out of his thoughts and pay attention. "Huh. Oh Yes let's continue."

 

"Alright then Junsu would you read the results please?" His lawyer asked.

 

"Yes I will." Junsu answered.

 

Daehyun watched as Junsu grabbed an envelope and began to open it. His heartbeat seem to quicken as he continued to watch Junsu read some papers.

 

Junsu took his gaze up towards Daehyun. "It says here that there is a 100% match of Jung Daehyun being the father."

 

His lawyer went up and asked to see the papers. Junsu handed them to him to read.

 

Daehyun sat there watching his lawyer nod his head as he read the paper.

 

Once his lawyer was done reading, he looked at Daehyun. "It does say a hundred percent match." He then watched his lawyer walk over to him. "Do you want to look?"

 

Daehyun shook his head. "No. I already know he is my son. I didn't need a test to prove it."  Daehyun then turned his gaze to Junsu. "What do I need to do to get my son?"

 

"Well there will be papers for you to sign. Also Minjee will need to look at your house and make sure everything will be a good environment for Daejun. Of course we are going to give you a few days to get things ready for Daejun." Junsu explained.

 

"How many days?" Daehyun asked.

 

"You will need to get a few things for Daejun, so he can live there. He doesn't have any belongings but a few clothes, a couple bottles, and a pacifier. So depending on when you can have the things he'll need just call me and I'll come by and check." Minjee explained.

 

"So depending on how quickly he can make his house ready for Daejun, he can have him?" His lawyer said.

 

Minjee nodded. "Correct."

 

"Okay. Where and what papers do I need to sign?" Daehyun inquired.

 

Junsu smiled and replied. "Over here."

 

Daehyun sat closer to the desk as Junsu got a piles of papers out.

 

Junsu explained each page and where Daehyun needed to sign and initial.

 

After all the paperwork was signed. Junsu and his lawyer congradulated him.

 

Minjee walked up with Daejun in her arms. "Daehyun, do you want to hold your son?"

 

Daehyun nodded his head and took Daejun  into his arms.

 

Daejun began to smile at Daehyun.

 

Daehyun grinned as tears slowly fell from his eyes.

 

My son, Jung Daejun.