Chapter 9

Sunshine

 

The days went by and Daehyun continued to watch Daejun grow. 
 
Even if at the moment all Daejun could say was Appa and baby talk, Daehyun was happy. He was happy that his son was getting older and learning to talk. 
 
Daehyun watched Daejun watch TV and play. He watched as Daejun babbled and laughed as he played with his toys. He watched as he would gaze at the TV in amazing and smile.
 
Then Daehyun saw him try to say something.
 
"Om-m-ma." Daejun said.
 
Did he just say omma? Daehyun thought. He bent down and asked, "What did you say Daejun-ah?"
 
"Omma." Daejun repeated clearer then the first time.
 
Daehyun was shocked. Daejun said omma, but what was he to say. I should be happy he is talking. "That's good Daejun. Omma."
 
"Omma." Daejun smiled.
 
Daehyun chuckled and picked him up. "Come on let me show you a picture of Omma." Daejun replied with a giggle.
 
Daehyun sat Daejun on the bed in Daehyun's room while he went to the closet and got out a box. He opened the box and got out the scrapbook Cho Hee made for him. He sat on the bed against the wall and put Daejun in his lap. He then opened the scrapbook to the first page. 
 
"Appa." Daejun said and slapped the scrapbook. 
 
Daehyun laughed and replied, "Yes Daejun that's me. Appa." He then turned the page and continued. "And this is Omma." He pointed to the picture of Cho Hee smiling. It was his favorite picture of her. 
 
Daejun looked up at his father. "Omma?" Daehyun nodded. Daejun looked back at the picture. "Omma!" He cheered and clapped his hands.
 
Smiling, Daehyun kissed his sons head and said, "Yes Daejun. Omma."