Chapter 12

Only You

Taeyeon's POV

"Oh !" my eyes bawled out when I saw the time.
I only have about 15 minutes to get ready.
I took a quick bath.

I decided to leave my hair untied, and didn't even bothered to pack my bag.
Slinging it over my shoulder, I grabbed my phone with my free hand.

2 messages.
I opened the first one as I walked to the door.

"Oh ya!" I went back into the room as soon as I stepped out of it.
Yuri had reminded about today's match.
I totally forgot about it!

I stuffed a towel and my jersey into my bag and ran down the stairs, checking the time again.
I should be able to reach school on time if I run.

Taking a bite from a sandwich prepared on the dining table, I mumbled goodbye to my mom.
She just shook her head at my chaos.
I stopped by the storeroom to take my shoe bag along with my sports shoe.
Putting the shoe into the bag, I slipped my feet into my flats.
I waved to my mom before running, again, to the bus stop.

Just in time for the bus.
I took out my phone to read the other message.

Fany?

'Wait for me at the gate please! :( I'm still not sure how to get to class. :/'
I smiled reading it and replied her with an okay and a smiley face.

When I got down the bus, I saw her waiting impatiently by the school gate, looking around, and looking at her watch every second.

"Sorry sorry sorry! I overslept!"

"Look at the time! We're going to be late." she frowned at me and pointed at her watch.

"Chill. We still have 5 minutes before class starts." I linked arms with the girl and lead us to the class.

 

Tiffany's POV

Finally, she arrived.
She was nothing like yesterday.

Unkempt, her uniform not buttoned to the collar, not tucked in, her tie worn loosely, her hair untied.
And the wind was blowing her short hair everywhere.
But I like it.
She looks....hot. With the way she strides towards me.

"Sorry sorry sorry! I overslept!"
Her pleading eyes, so mesmerising.

I snapped myself out of my musing, and reminded her the time.

All of a sudden, she linked our arms together and started walking quickly.
I was confounded at first.
But it soon became nervousness.

Please don't do things that make me think that you like me if you don't.

We reached class in no time.
Again, I forgot to the learn the way to get here.
Got distracted by the girl beside me.

"You're late, and you look out of place." Sunny's eye were following us from the door to our seat.
I expected her to be playing games, but she was just sitting there innocently, fidgeting with her phone.

"Yeah. Woke up late. Eh? Not playing games?"

"Hyomin confisticated it yesterday." she pouted. Cuteness overload!

"Serve you right. If not, you'll be playing it 24 hours.

"You have basketball today?" she then asked, looking at Tae's shoe bag.
How come I didn't notice it earlier?
Too distracted by her, I think. 

"It's the yearly competition. And that babo only reminded us about it just now morning."

"You're in basketball?" I asked, surprised how she managed to be in the team considering her.... short height.

"Surprise, huh? I was too at first." Sunny chuckled, somehow knowing what was on my mind.

"Yup." Taeyeon turned and smiled at me.

"Don't underestimate her. Although she's short, she have great strategies and really quick speed. That was why she could still be on time although she woke up late."

"I wasn't. Just..." I didn't know what to say and just stopped there.

"It's okay, Fany. I understand." She patted my shoulder and smiled at me again. 
I was flustered.

...

It felt like hours until the bell rang for recess.
The lesson was boring. And I was so sleepy.
Must be because I didn't have enough sleep.
Good thing I didn't fell asleep.

I stood up and stretched after the class was dismissed.
I yawned, closing my mouth after realising how loud it was.

"Sorry..." I smiled embarrassingly at Taeyeon and Sunny who was staring at me, and they laughed.

We walked out of class at the same time as Jessica, Yuri and Sooyoung.

"Sunnyyyyyy!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she walked straight to Sunny and hung her arms around her.
Taeyeon and I walked behind them closely.

"Hey giant, I know you are very tall. You don't have to make me look any shorter by doing this you know. And if Hyomin were here, she'd slayed you."

"Hahaha." she laughed as she brought down her hand. "There's something going on between those two. I think they just got official." Sooyoung glanced behind.

At first, I thought she were talking about us. But when I looked behind, I saw Yuri & Jess holding hands while talking and giggling.
So, Yuri's the one she loves...

"They're just holding hands. Don't they always do that?"

"Yeah... But, just now, when they were coming into the class, Sica's hands were around Yuri's waist."

"Sooyoung ah. You are quite busybody aren't you?"

"No! I just happen to saw it.

"Okay... Well, that's a good thing isn't it?"

"I'm not saying it's not. Just that I've become invisible in class."

I just smiled listening to their gossip.
Looking at Taeyeon, I saw her smiling by herself too.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just glad that they finally got together. Yuri kept saying to me how much she love her, ever since the day they met...."

"Really? Wow. They look good together don't they?" I turned to look at the new couple again. 

"Yeah, and you two look perfect together too." I was shocked to see Sooyoung suddenly on my right.
My cheeks flushed from embarrassment.

I glanced at Taeyeon from the corner of my eyes and saw her looking down, scratching her head.

"Uhhh. Will you stop disturbing people, Soo?" she spoke out as she looked up at Sooyoung.

"Yeah, Soo. Leave them alone. Give them their privacy." Sunny added and high-fived Sooyung as they laughed and walked back infront, leaving us behind.

"Sorry about that. I'll walk ahead, so they won't disturb us."

"No, Tae. It's okay. Walk with me." I grabbed her hand and held her back.

"Err, okay."

 

Jessica's POV

"We should set them up, Yuri." I suggested as I watched Taeyeon and Tiffany from behind.

"Are you sure they like each other?"

"Yessss. They told me themselves."

"Okay, how about later?"

"Later?"

"We have basketball competition, remember? Why don't you bring Tiffany to watch the match with you? You're watching, right?" Yuri stared at me as she asked the last question.

"Of course, Kwon. I always watch your matches don't I?"

"Like this...." she explained the rest of the details.

 

TBC

 

 

I promised to update soon.
So, here goes.
But it's a bit short..... :/
Next chapter won't be up so soon. 
Need to study for my papers..... x.x