Chapter 2

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A very prominent frown graced Lu Han’s childlike features as he sat on his new bed.
He wasn’t displeased with the apartment.
It was beautiful.
More that he had asked for, actually.
It was fully furnished. A large living room, two bedrooms, kitchen, dining space, two bathrooms and also a balcony; he was pleased with what his friend had found him.

Lu Han had been going back and forth between Seoul and Beijing since the moment he had landed his job. It had been an advantage for the company to have a Chinese employee and they had taken full advantage of it. He had enjoyed his job and he was completely fine with travelling so much because he could at least visit his homeland.
With how hard he was working, a promotion was sure to make its way to him and it did.
But it required him to live in Seoul permanently and that was when the problem showed itself.

He had been living with his friend for the past two years. However, with the fact that he was hardly living in Seoul, it was as if he was staying at a hotel.
Lu Han wasn’t inconsiderate. He couldn’t do that now.
Thus, he had asked his friend to look for a place to live.
It was a beautiful place…
Really, the place wasn’t a problem.
His new housemate certainly was.

Lu Han stood up and started pacing.
What was her problem anyways?
From what Joonmyun had told him, she needed the place as much as he did.
So what was with the sudden look of disgust she threw him the very moment she laid eyes on him?
Most women couldn’t stop ogling him.

He wondered what would cause that sort of reaction.
He hadn’t met her before, had he?
And judging by Joonmyun’s reaction, he wasn’t expecting it either.
For now, Lu Han could only wonder what his friend and the woman were discussing in the other bedroom.

 

Sunjung sat on the bed in the other bedroom with her hands on her lap, clenching and unclenching her fists at intervals. Joonmyun sat on a chair in front of her, finally silent after having trying to convince his friend that she was being childish.
Sunjung just stared at her whitening knuckles, not wanting to look at Joonmyun.

“Sunjung.”
Said woman looked up tentatively when she heard her friend speak again.
“You understand right?”

Sunjung sighed and nodded.
felt dry after all the yelling she had done for almost half an hour.

“He’s a good guy. He won’t bother you.”
Joonmyun was now giving her that look—something between a pout and a frown— he looked like someone had told him that he wouldn’t ever be able to eat again.
It was a look that Sunjung couldn’t overlook and ignore. Not when they were children. Not now.

“I’ll stay as far away from him as possible,” Sunjung’s tone was soft in contrast to the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter