Chapter 14

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sheets ruffled softly as Sunjung woke up. Her eyes not yet fully open and her vision still somewhat blurry.
She stretched and let out a little groan. She reached for her phone on the bedside table but found that it wasn’t there. Another groan escaped her lips and she pushed herself up in a sitting position. She slowly rubbed her eyes to wipe the sleep out of them.
Only when her eyes completely opened to the sunlight streaming in through the window, she realized that she wasn't supposed to be there.
Her mind went back to the previous night. She had stayed up waiting for Lu Han and he hadn’t shown up. She didn’t remember going to bed.

He put me to bed.
The fact that she was still in the sweater she had been wearing and a pair of almost comfortable trousers only confirmed her assumptions.
A feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. Whether the feeling was unease or thankfulness, Sunjung did not know.

Sunjung got off her bed and quickly slipped her feet into the slippers. A yawn escaped her lips and she covered to try and stifle it.
Slowly, she walked out of her room and into the living room.
Lu Han was nowhere to be found and a part of her mind wondered whether he had really come home the previous night and had really put her to bed. The same part wondered if she had been delirious with fatigue and had walked herself to bed.
But she was forced to throw those doubts out of the kitchen window when she entered the said room.
Lu Han had come back home, the sight in front of Sunjung’s eyes proved.

The man stood in front of the stove and was concentrating very hard on the dish he was apparently cooking.
His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and his lips were almost pouting, making him look like a stubborn baby. Apparently he was so engrossed in his cooking, he had not even noticed Sunjung walk in.
“Lu Han?”
He looked up at the sound of her voice, looking slightly startled but almost pleasantly surprised.

“Good morning,” he offered her a small smile and went back to his cooking. He swallowed a lump in his throat that seemed to have lodged itself there permanently and he cursed the fact that he couldn’t meet her eyes.
Why was that?
He answered his own question:
Just because I was enough of a stubborn jerk to ignore her and make her wait up.

“Are you trying to cook?” Sunjung’s eyebrows were raised in surprise and disbelief.
She took small steps towards where Lu Han stood but still maintained a comfortable distance.
Lu Han nodded almost vigorously but didn’t say anything.

Sunjung’s eyebrows now furrowed she tried to figure out what he was actually up to. She had taken to cooking for him because she had assumed that he couldn’t cook and had been surviving on packaged food. She had been right, hadn’t she?
“You can cook?” she asked, just for confirmation.

“Not really,” Lu Han responded, still not looking at her.

Sunjung let out a frustrated sigh when Lu Han did not say anything further.
Usually, he was the one who had always initiated conversations and looked happy to have her speak to him, even if it was for brief moments.
Now he was actin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter