Chapter 17

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo Junyoung sat at his desk which was conveniently placed near the window. He was supposed to be doing some work but had lost track of it almost half an hour ago. His gaze had long before shifted from the blank pages in front of him to the window. His hand cradled his chin as he sat with his blank gaze trained on nothing in particular. Junyoung’s lips were turned unconsciously in a pout, which made him look almost boyish.

The dorm room was a neat mess, as was expected from two college boys. Jongin, Junyoung’s roommate claimed that it was an ‘organised mess’. Junyoung thought it made no sense.

The sound of the door swinging open caused Junyoung to shift his gaze to the source of the sound, his roommate.  “What’s up?” Kim Jongin greeted, his full lips tugging up in a smile.

“I don’t know,” Junyoung said, brushing his hair out of his eyes. “The ceiling?”

“That became old about five years ago,” Jongin pointed out, looking extremely satisfied as he seated himself on his bed.
“Kyungsoo wanted to know if you’ll be coming over tonight.”

Junyoung shook his head.
“Not in the mood.”
With a swift move, he closed the notebook that he was supposed to have written something on. He got up and walked over to his bed, removed a piece of clothing from it that evidently didn’t belong to him and sat down comfortably.

Junyoung was trying to relax. It was one of those few days during which his schedule was not so tight and he made the most of it by locking himself up in their dorm room and sulking.
Ideal.

Since he had run into his sister, his mind had often wandered into the past, into Incheon, into his childhood. He did not like it at all.
Junyoung had been so happy when he had managed to leave everything behind and pursue music but Sunjung had shown up and now he felt like screaming.

Junyoung had always had a temper, in contrast to his sister’s calm, apathetic attitude. In fact, everything about Junyoung’s personality was in contrast to his sister. She worked hard, he slacked off. She was affectionate to people she loved, he couldn’t express feelings other than anger and annoyance. She always looked before she leapt, he leapt and bit the dust. That was how it had always been. Sunjung was the perfect child Junyoung had been left to live up to. He had hated it.

But he had never hated her.

Junyoung had been always assured of his sister’s unwavering love, if nothing and it had been enough. But when he lost that, he had started hating her.

His noona...she had been there when he disappointed their father for the first time when he had been a mere substitute in his elementary school’s football team. She had helped him with his studies when it had been apparent that mathematics was not his forte. However, she had not been there when he had told their father that he wanted to attend a high school which specialised in the performing arts. She had not been there when their father had told their housekeeper to discard his guitar. She had not been there when their mother had just told him that she was sorry in an attempt to pacify him.

His noona had retreated...and he could not reach her. She gave no reason, she had faded. When she returned, he had found his own way and he had forced their father to surrender.

And now...he didn’t need her love. It had wavered when he needed it.

“You know I find it highly entertaining when you go into those trances of yours,” Jongin’s voice snapped Junyoung from his dazed state.

He looked at Jongin pointedly. “You know I find it sad that you have nothing to do but watch me.”

“Actually, I do.” Jongin shot up from bed and started rummaging around until he found a duffle bag.
He swung it over his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter