Chapter 4

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunjung examined the pristine corridors of the office building as she followed the woman in front of her. The tapping of heels on the tile floors was the only sound accompanied by the humming of computers in the distance.
Sunjung couldn't help but look at the woman in front of her; the way she walked with so much confidence, like she owned the place. Her long black hair was knotted in a high effortless bun; her strides were strong and sure.

Sunjung herself didn't lack confidence but her poise somehow gave the ‘stay away’ signal and somewhat intimidated people. The woman in front of her though, Sunjung was sure, turned heads and demanded attention.

“We’re here,” said the woman, Gaeun, as she stopped before translucent glass doors. She knocked and waited for an almost inaudible ‘come in’.

Both women entered the rather large office and gave a slight bow. Sunjung recognized the man sitting at the desk as one of the people present at her interview. He had a scrutinizing expression on his face but Sunjung concluded that it was because of his eyebrows.

“Seo Sunjung-ssi is here,” the man's secretary, the aforementioned Gaeun said.

“I can see.”
The tall man stood up from the chair and reached out from behind the desk to shake his new employee's hand.

This was a rather simple task.
But just as Sunjung walked forward to take his hand, her new boss had managed to hit a pencil stand and a photo frame on his desk. Letting out a silent yelp, he unsuccessfully tried to clear the newly created mess.

Gaeun snorted as she eyed her boss and the only response she got from him was a glare.

“I'm Wu Yifan,” the tall man said as he held out his hand, giving up on the mess on his desk. “Welcome aboard.”

Sunjung shook his hand and quickly retreated as Yi Fan ordered Gaeun to show Sunjung to her office. Sunjung was pleasantly surprised. Working at JFC Publishing was one thing she could look forward to.

***

Lu Han stood with his hands in his pockets as he stared vacantly out of the window. He had expected to be busier with his new post but as it turned out, he was left with assigning his juniors jobs to do. He wondered if this was what they called a ‘calm before the storm’. He shook his head at the thought...there was sure to be a flood of work with winter approaching.

A knock on the door shook him out of his reverie. He turned to see a head poking into the room.
“Hyung!”
Lu Han smiled in greeting to his junior.
“Let’s go out for lunch,” the younger man at the door gave him a bright smile.

“If it wasn't for your constant flirting with women, Baekhyun, I would've thought you actually prefer me over everyone.”

“I actually do, hyung,” the shorter black haired man walked to Lu Han and looped their arms together and with another bright smile, he started dragging his senior out of the office.

Baekhyun worked under Lu Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter