Chapter 10

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun streamed in through the large glass sliding doors that led to the balcony that Lu Han had yet to set his feet on. He was afraid of heights and the thought of being so far above the ground was not pleasing. There always was an unpleasant knotting in his stomach and his legs became weak, which made him sit down immediately. Lu Han leaned on the door frame and looked out, trying to be calm about the view before him.

Lu Han took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Exactly a week ago, Joonmyun the fairy god mother had shown up and somewhat fixed things in their apartment. A week later, things seemed to have gone back to square one. And Lu Han kept beating himself up over it.

He was a grown man; he should have known that a one-night stand couldn’t fix things. He should have not been angry because his old flame had found someone better. He should not have ditched (if that was what he had done) Sunjung, because she looked disappointed and the last thing he wanted to do was disappoint her (he didn’t know why).

Sunjung wasn’t very friendly and often cold but then Lu Han had figured out it was just her personality. She didn’t seem like the person who could have long pointless conversations with someone she had just met and he was fine with that.
He was fine with that because she spoke to him, she smiled at him, and recently had started laughing with him. But last night she hadn’t and all morning she hadn’t.

Lu Han turned his head slightly when he heard her passing by the living room and seriously questioned if his thoughts really had the power to summon her.
“Sunjung-ssi,” he called, not sure about what he was going to say next.

“Yes?” she turned to face him, her eyes enquiring.

“Would you like to go out?”

Sunjung was surprised to hear his words and to be fair, so was Lu Han himself. When Sunjung responded with a ‘hmmm?’, Lu Han did not know what to say so the first words to come out of his mouth were “Let me make it up to you.”

Sunjung raised an eyebrow. “What for?”

“For making you wait,” he said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“But I didn’t,” Sunjung’s voice was softer when she said it, as if she was admitting something shameful.

Lu Han felt like he had been pushed off a cliff. She hadn’t waited up for him.
Then why had she looked disappointed that morning?

Lu Han realised the answer only moments after she had left to change for their outing.

Oh.

***

Spending hours strolling in the mall hadn’t been Sunjung’s idea of going out but Lu Han turned out to be a mall enthusiast. He stopped at so many stores, something or the other catching his attention. Sunjung felt like she was babysitting a small child. But she found herself smiling at his antics, following him as he led her.

True, Sunjung had not wanted to come with him, but she had.
She had because she saw that he had been feeling guilty and she didn’t want that. He didn’t have to be...he didn’t owe her anything. They just shared a living space.

They just shared a living space and they were out together. Sunjung clearly remembered that she hadn’t intended on a friendship but it looked like they were headed there.

“Sunjung-ssi?” Lu Han’s soft voice broke her out of her contemplations about him. Sunjung made a small sound of acknowledgement. “I want to take you somewhere else.”

Again, he took her by surprise and she looked at his face with slightly open before asking, “Where?”

“It is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter