Chapter 3

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunjung slowly walked into the lobby of the apartment building early in the morning. She had a bag full of grocery in her arms and a crestfallen look on her face.
There was a subtle pounding in her head which she hoped would soon go away. Although she had retreated to her bedroom early the previous night, she had had no sleep.
She had not been able to fall asleep, thinking about how her life would now be. She had not thought of living with a strange man when she had set off from Incheon, the sudden revelation had obviously had a negative effect on her perspective.

She quickened her pace as she walked towards the elevator and got in in a sudden hurry. She pressed the button for the twelfth floor and stood there.
Her eyes were slightly swollen and bloodshot due to lack of sleep and her hunger had now become painful.
She had been lucky enough to find a grocery store open at half past seven in the morning and she thought about nothing else but food after her stomach started grumbling loudly.

A cold draft of air hit her as she entered the apartment; the first thing she noticed was the open sliding doors that led to the balcony. It meant that her housemate was probably awake. Either that, or Spiderman had decided to pay them a visit.
Shaking her head at the stupid thought that crossed her mind, Sunjung hurried into the kitchen, blaming her empty stomach for her present mental state.

She placed the grocery bag on the island counter, which was in the middle of the kitchen, and started emptying it.
When she was done with that, Sunjung started looking the cabinets, hoping that there were at least basic utensils in the apartment. To her relief, there were…more than she had asked for–typical Joonmyun standards.
Pouring the cereal and milk into the bowl, she didn’t waste a second and started stuffing the food into as soon as possible.
She only stopped her actions when she heard the shuffle of footsteps and turned with the spoon still in . She looked at her housemate with wide eyes, as if she had forgotten that he existed.

Lu Han stood and looked at her for a while. For some reason, he felt that she looked more human than she had the day before.
He absentmindedly ran a hand through his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter