Ddulpari

My Air

            Back at the hospital, Hoon finished his difficult operation and rushed towards the exit. That is until Dr. Moon stopped him in his tracks to talk about what he did last night. Something about finding the future Mrs. Moon. “I would love to meet her soon, but I’m busy right. I’ll see you later master.” Hoon said quickly and walked out. He his phone. Hoon had Soo Hyun’s phone’s gps system and was waiting for a location to pop up.

            Soo Hyun was looking over the delicious treats at the food stand. She couldn’t make up her mind so she grab some of each. Something about the food made her feel warm. She sat down at a nearby table and began eating. “Food is necessary to live Soo Hyun-ah.” She told herself. Suddenly a hand was placed on her shoulder. “Jae Joon-shi.” Soo Hyun said. Jae Joon smiled. “May I join you?” He asked. Soo Hyun nodded. “Do you really not remember me?” Jae Joon asked. Soo Hyun met his gaze. There was something about the way he stared at her that made Soo Hyun feel all weird and fuzzy. “Sorry. I’m really sorry for not remembering you.” Soo Hyun said, “but if it makes you feel better, you can pretend that I do know everything. It should be easier.” Soo Hyun added. Jae Joon agreed and began talking, “I missed you, a lot. Now that you’re here, my thoughts are scattered.” “Why is that?” Soo Hyun asked. “Because I had already moved on, I’m engaged with someone else.” Jae Joon confessed. Soo Hyun felt sad when she heard Jae Joon say he was engaged to someone else. For some odd reason, her heart was hurting. “Since you don’t have your memories, it must have been a sign, to continue on with my engagement and hope that you never recover your memories. I do not want you to get hurt once you gain it back.” Jae Joon said. Soo Hyun looked up at Jae Joon and saw his inner turmoil. “Am I a selfish person?” Soo Hyun asked Jae Joon. Jae Joon shook his head, “No, you’re the most selfless person I know.” He responded. “If I’m so selfless, why do I not want you to get married?” Soo Hyun asked herself without realizing she said it a loud.

            “If I’m so selfless, why do I not want you to get married?” Soo Hyun said. Jae Joon was taken aback. Could it be that she still loved him? If that was the case then Jae Joon had to rethink everything again. His mind and feelings were all over the place. The hospital really needed Mi Ri’s father’s involvement and the chairman will never allow him near Soo Hyun again if he were to pursue her again. Plus he did not like the idea of Hoon getting close to her either. Soo Hyun suddenly interrupted his thoughts, “Whatever. Let’s eat.” She said and smiled. Jae Joon smiled back. He had always thought she was beautiful. He began eating and they talked about everything and nothing as if they were on another one of their dates. Jae Joon, for the first time in a while, was happy.

            Hoon was looking at Soo Hyun from afar. She was laughing and seemed to be having a good time with Jae Joon. Hoon felt his heart break a little at the sight of her with someone else. He retreated because he knew she was in good hands.

            The next morning Hoon was waiting for Soo Hyun at her front door. When she came out, he surprised her. “Yah I’m hungry. Let’s eat.” Hoon said and grabbed her hand. They went inside a small family resteraunt and sat down. “Is something going on today?” Soo Hyun asked. Hoon nodded, “Time for you to come back Dr. Oh.” Hoon said. Soo Hyun frowned. “I’m a doctor?” She said with disbelief. Hoon nodded, “I need my ddulpari back.” Hoon said.

            At the word ddulpari, Soo Hyun had random flashbacks of her in white coat checking on patients. Her head then started hurting, “Ahh.” She said. “Yah, Soo Hyun-ah, are you okay?!” Hoon asked worriedly. Soo Hyun nodded and gulped down water. “I have a part time job Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so tomorrow we can start going to the hospital.” Soo Hyun said. Hoon nodded, “Understood, are you sure you’re okay?” He asked again. Soo Hyun nodded. There was one flashback that lingered however, “Hoon-ah, there is something I remembered but I do not know the situation.” She started. Hoon nodded, wanting her to continue. “There was one patient who died during surgery and I cried. Why did I cry?” Soo Hyun asked. Hoon became serious, “It was your mom.” He said in a very somber tone. “Ah.” Was all Soo Hyun could muster to say. “Thank you.” She told him.

            At the café, eyebrows arrived at the same time as the day before and sat at the same table. During the break Soo Hyun joined him. “Choi Young Do, right?” He nodded. Soo Hyun smiled, “Then what advice do you need for tonight.” Young Do thought for a while, “I think I like someone, but I do not know.” “Well what makes you think you like that person?” Soo Hyun asked. “She’s been talking to a friend a mine more these days and I think I might be jealous.” Soo Hyun absorbed that information in, “What do you like about her?” Choi Young Do chuckled, “She’s mean, stubborn, and difficult to talk to. Those are the reasons she not likable.” “But…” Soo Hyun added. “She keeps her head up during hard times, she’s intelligent, and she’s sensible once you get close enough to her.” Young Do finished. “You totally like her.” Soo Hyun concluded the obvious. “Go to her now before it’s too late.” Soo Hyun urged him out the door. “Thanks noona.” Soo Hyun felt good at the good deed.

            Hoon looked up at the café where Soo Hyun worked. He entered and was amused by the sight of Soo Hyun in a barista uniform. Suddenly Hoon thought of something. He never checked if Soo Hyun’s heart matched his. He always tried in the past but could never listen to it properly. With three strides Hoon walked towards Soo Hyun. Soo Hyun turned around surprised to see him. Hoon then hugged Soo Hyun. “Yah!” Soo Hyun said while pushing Hoon off. Hoon’s embrace just tightened, “Don’t move. Please don’t move.” Hoon whispered. Soo Hyun relaxed. Hoon listened very closely. Pit-a-pat. Pit-a-pat. Hoon smiled. He released Soo Hyun from his embrace, “It’s the same.”

            He whispered, “It really is the same.” Soo Hyun was confused, but when Hoon smiled at her excited, she felt at ease. “That’s a good thing, I guess.” She said. “Yah ddulpari, it’s an amazing thing.” Hoon said. Soo Hyun felt uneasy and had a flashback of her and Jae Joon kissing in a car. “Hoon-ah, did I date Jae Joon-shi?” Soo Hyun asked. Hoon was silent for a moment, “No. You never dated him.” He said. Soo Hyun nodded and thought it was a distorted flashback.