The Lookout Man

My Air

 

 

“I’m relieved you’re okay. Father asked me to fill in a bit of your memory to speed up the process. Apologies for delay but I was stationed overseas for a bit.” The LookOut Man said. Soo Hyun just nodded. “How rude of me, I am Min Ho, military strategist, youngest son of the president, your cousin.” He introduced himself. Soo Hyun nodded again. “I had a dream or memory earlier, I was hoping I could get more context on it.” Soo Hyun started. “Ask away!” “Why did they shoot the strange man? The night you took me to the best apple tree in all of Korea.” Min Ho grimaced. “It was partially my fault, I took you to a military field when a prisoner escaped. The guards shot him and I clearly remembered you disobeying my orders, so I asked you to flee with him while I protected you.” Min Ho explained. Soo Hyun looked up and started laughing. Min Ho furrowed his brow. “Why did you protect him? Your duty is with the military, yet you did not shoot… Why?” Soo Hyun questioned further. Min Ho glared at her with a dark tint in his eyes, “It’s classified information. You have no clearance.” Min Ho said. “Did you think I would come here without bargaining power?”Soo Hyun raised her eyebrow. “While I was staying in the states, I came across your old diary. Your youth was very entertaining indeed. I especially enjoy the chapter of your first love.” Soo Hyun continued. Min Ho darkened his gaze, “Are you threatening me? Go ahead and out me to the public, no one will believe you.” Min Ho said. “I’m not threatening you oppa, I’m offering information. I’ll tell you where he is living, the whole address.” Soo Hyun said without missing a beat. Min Ho’s eyes widened in surprise and Soo Hyun can see the light in his eyes again. Min Ho looked down. “How reliable is your information? Dad blocked all information related to him.” Min Ho inquired. “Let’s say I befriended a brilliant hacker who was able to bypass certain restrictions.” Soo Hyun explained. Min Ho pondered for a couple minutes more. “What country is he in? Tell me and I’ll tell you.” “Philippines.” Soo Hyun answered. Min Ho sighed in relief. “Agent Cha was working with me, his specialty is espionage so having a North Korean high ranking soldier was super beneficial to our goals. The one doing the shooting that night was one of our own, who unfortunately was also a spy for the North. That is all I can tell you and remember, don’t tell anyone.” Min Ho said. “I understand. Thank you, MIn Ho oppa.” Soo Hyun said as she handed him the address of the man he loved. “Thank you Soo Hyun.” He whispered. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Side Story

Choi Young Do grunted as Rachel kicked him under the table. Young Do and Bona were both such chatterboxes that it was hard to keep up so he tuned them out. “Young Do, Bona asked how the hotel was doing.” Rachel said, smiling while fiercely looking at him. Young Do rolled his eyes, “Still making profit.” He curtly responded. Needless to say Young Do was not having a good time. First Bona and Chan Young got tickets to the new horror movie for all of them. Young Do was excited to watch it, however he was instantly annoyed at Bona screaming at every small noise. Completely ruined the mood. Next Chan Young challenged him to a game of chess and although it was a close game, Young Do lost. He was in a very sour mood that even the cake in front of him could not cheer him up. Chan Young picked up his spoon full of cake and fed it to Bona who was looking at him with such lovesick eyes. Honestly this couple was suffocatingly sweet. Young Do turned to look at Rachel with a  mischievous glint in her eyes. She lightly pressed her finger on the icing and placed it on Young Do’s cheek. Young Do looked at her startled. She smiled and used her lips to remove the icing from his cheek. Young Do burst out in a wide grin, his mood completely changing. “Yah Yoo Rachel!” Bona yelled in disbelief.