Ectasy

My Air

            “Soo Hyun-ah?” he whispered. “How do you know my name?” Soo Hyun asked suddenly interest, “Have we met before by chance?” Hoon couldn’t help himself and hugged her with all his force, “You’re back, you’re alive! You’re alive!” Hoon said beaming brightly. “How are you alive? Where have you been? Do you know how much you made me suffered!” Hoon suddenly asked, not being able to contain himself. He then tightly embraced Soo Hyun not wanting to let go. She pushed him off and kicked him in the shin. Hoon reminisced on how they first met and smiled. “Mian.” Soo Hyun said. “You may know who I was, but I do not know who you are so I would appreciate it if you do not act like that again. It makes me uncomfortable.” Soo Hyun said. “But if you must know so badly, I was at a hospital in the States recovering from something I have no memory of. As you can see, I have no memory or recollection of my past and I do not wish to know unless it is relevant in figuring out who was the person who made me go through so much suffering.” Soo Hyun replied. Hoon just hugged her again. “You better get used to this.” Hoon replied. Soo Hyun didn’t want to admit it, but the guy’s presence soothed her in a weird way. “I have to head to work, but you should come with me and say hello to your father.” Hoon said. Soo Hyun shrugged.

            After she woke up in the States, her uncle contacted her father and he traveled all the way to Colorado just to see his daughter. To Soo Hyun, he felt like a stranger too, but he was a nice man. Meanwhile, her step brother also came along with him and told Soo Hyun that she worshiped the ground he walked on. Soo Hyun scoffed at the suggestion that she worshipped him, but her older brother’s appearance at the hospital felt familiar.

            Soo Hyun didn’t say much on the ride to the hospital. Hoon could not stop staring at her incredulous that she was in front of him, but he could feel that she was a different person. Not the same confident and nice girl she once was. She seemed cold and unreceptive. Once we reached Myung Woo hospital, Hoon took Soo Hyun by the hand. She snatched her hand back. Hoon offered his hand again, and Soo Hyun reluctantly took it. They walked past the corridor and everyone noticed and started talking about Soo Hyun’s revival. Hoon was in a state of ecstasy. He was so giddy to see Soo Hyun there, even if she wasn’t there, he was confident he can bring her back. Hoon finally entered the chairman’s office. “Appa!” Soo Hyun said which startled Hoon. The chairman grinned from ear to ear at the sight of his daughter. “Soo Hyun-ah! How are you feeling sweetheart? Any better?” The chairman asked. “Not really, but if I can’t recover my memories, might as well make new ones right.” Soo Hyun said. Hoon nodded. Soo Hyun got a phone call from her uncle so she left the room. “Sir, why didn’t you tell me that she was still alive?” Hoon accused. “Hoon-ah, someone is after my daughter. I cannot trust anyone, even you.” The chairman replied. “So are you using her as bait now?” Hoon said in an angry tone. “No son, she was insistent in coming back so I let her, but I’ll leave her in your care. So do not disappoint me.” The chairman warned. Hoon nodded.

             He walked out of the room only hear Soo Hyun tell her uncle that everything was going well with the apartment. “Let’s go eat.” Hoon suggested. Soo Hyun looked at him, “I’m not hungry!” She said, but her stomach grumbled. Hoon raised an eyebrow, as Soo Hyun looked away in embarrassment. “Fine, I could use some food.” She said. Hoon grinned and took Soo Hyun’s hand. “Do you always have to take my hand to go places?” Soo Hyun said. Hoon nodded, “Yes, because I don’t want to lose you ever again.” Hoon said seriously. “I think you’re being a tad overdramatic, but whatever.” Soo Hyun said.  

            As they were walking to the resteraunt Soo Hyun seemed to take in her surroundings. “It’s all so pretty.” She said with a content smile. Hoon was mesmerized by her appreciation of the details. That’s one thing that hasn’t changed. “Soo Hyun-ah.” Hoon said. “Yes.” Soo Hyun looked up. “Before you lost your memories do you know what we were?” Hoon asked. “Not really? Telling me won’t help either.” Soo Hyun told him. Hoon just nodded. He figured he might as well start over. “Well my name is Park Hoon. But you can always call me Hoon-ah.” Hoon said. “Hoon-ah?” Soo Hyun said cautiously. Hoon smiled at the way she said his name. The food came and Soo Hyun smelled the food before diving into her noodles. She smiled once she was done. Hoon was content watching her eat. Suddenly Jae Joon came barging into the resteraunt and froze in front of Hoon and Soo Hyun, his eyes fixated on Soo Hyun.

“Jae Joon-shi?” Soo Hyun said surprising Hoon.