The Dang Locket

My Air

 

Hoon was waiting for Jae Hee at the airport. Her surprise announcement that she was on her way to Korea was very sudden. Mainly it had to do with the news of Soo Hyun’s reappearance. 

“Hoonie!” Jae Hee said as she hugged Hoon. Hoon was glad to see Jae Hee. “How was the flight?” Hoon asked. “I honestly thought it would never end, I’m super excited to see Soo Hyun. At first I couldn’t believe it… I just had to see it for myself.” Jae Hee said. “I’ll take you to her, but first let’s go eat and catch up. She’s with her uncle right now.” Hoon suggested. Jae Hee nodded and followed Hoon. 

 

Soo Hyun left the military base and headed to the park where she last saw Agent Cha. She had much more questions and she needed answers now. She had a gut feeling that Agent Cha had all the answers she needed. Soo Hyun retraced her blurry memories, her dreams, and what other people have told her happened. 

 

Before she was shot, She went with Min Ho to a military field. As a doctor, it was her duty to save a wounded man who happened to be Agent Cha and that was their first encounter. When he had gifted her a golden locket. Their second encounter was a conversation revolving around my birthmark and the girl he loves. He mentioned my mother being poisoned slowly which took the form of an illness and how I must not reveal my identity as the President’s niece. Their third encounter at the noraebang. And their last encounter at the park where he confirmed his identity. Soo Hyun then thought back to the locket. It was clearly important that it had to be hidden at all costs. She just didn’t know why. Was that the reason she was being targeted? Great, that just means she’ll really need to unlock her memory to remember where she hid the dang necklace. 
 

Soo Hyun sighed in frustration. She went back to her apartment only to see that the door was unlocked. She cautiously opened it and found Hoon in the living room. “Hoon! What are you doing? How did you get in?!” Soo Hyun yelled. “Oh I made myself a copy.” Hoon smiled innocently. Soo Hyun was about to lecture him when a girl walked out of the kitchen. She stood in front of Soo Hyun with an incredulous look in her eyes. “Soo Hyun-ah!” She said as she ran to hug her. Soo Hyun was startled to see the Jae Hee in person. The girl who was her roommate. The girl whom she had saved. That’s when a memory unlocked for Soo Hyun. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Please protect your roommate at all costs.” Agent Cha said with a pleading look in his eyes. “I don’t understand. What does she have to do with this?” Soo Hyun asked. “She’s innocent. It’s my fault. I carried her picture. The North will not stop unless my loved ones are dead. Please. Protect her. Use your uncle’s power to protect her. Please.” Agent Cha pleaded. Soo Hyun just nodded to calm down the stressed out agent.  Agent Cha let out a small smile of relief. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jae Hee ended the hug, Soo Hyun was still speechless. Jae Hee was looking at her worried, but Soo Hyun smiled and hugged her again! “Jae- Hee!” Soo Hyun yelled. For some reason she was able to remember her, or to be more specific, she remembered living with her and all the roommate shenanigans they went through. “It's good to remember someone!” Soo Hyun said. 

 

Park Hoon was looking on in amusement. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jae Joon went to Mi Ri’s mansion for a pool party that was hosted by her father. As he pulled up he saw a lot of security detail and thought there were more celebrities in attendance. As he pulled up, bodyguards did a bodycheck for any weapons. He thought it was a bit extra for a pool party. As he continued he saw Mi Ri. “Mi Ri!” Jae Joon greeted. “Oppa! Over here.” She gestured. Jae Joon smiled and sat next to his fiancee by the pool. “Why is there so much security for a pool party?” Jae Joon asked. “Oh, Dad invited a special guest from the Blue House, so the body guards came with him.” Mi Ri explained. Jae Joon smiled confused, “The President?” Jae Joon chuckled. Mi Ri shook her head no, “Close. The Prime Minister.”She pointed at the man who was about to get in the pool to play water volleyball. Joon was amused to see such a high ranking official at a pool party about to play a game. As the Prime Minister turned his back  around Jae Joon’s smile disappeared. There underneath his shoulder blade was the distinct birthmark that Soo Hyun has. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoon was being completely ignored while the girls chattered endlessly. He was feeling neglected and wanted to change the conversation to something he could partake in. “Hey Jae Hee, didn’t you say you brought souvenirs from Japan?” Hoon asked. Jae Hee nodded enthusiastically and fetched her bag. “Here you go Hoon, Japanese herbal tea for you. Got to start looking out for your health.” Jae Hee said as she handed him a box. Hoon pouted but accepted the gift nonetheless. “Thanks.” He muttered. “Soo Hyun Unnie. Here you go.” Jae Hee handed Soo Hyun a small box wrapped with a bow. “Thank you Jae Hee, I’m sure I’ll love it.” Soo Hyun said as she started to open it. “It was originally yours to begin with. You asked me to keep it safe, and now that you’re back, I thought it was only fitting to return it to the rightful owner.” Jae Hee said in a serious tone. Soo Hyun was confused at her words but then looked down and saw the dang locket. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Side story

Rachel was nervous. Choi Young Do could tell. He was also getting nervous as well. He didn’t know why but he wasn’t sure he was ready to hear it. “After our double date, I went out with Hyo Shin. He confessed.” Rachel said. Young Do felt his heart stop and his face go pale. “What happened next.” he said, struggling to keep a calm tone. Rachel looked up and with each passing moment, Young Do was more and more of a nervous wreck. “I rejected him.” Rachel said with a sad smile. Choi Young Do was instantly relieved. “I told him that I love you.” Rachel said. Choi Young Do was startled to hear Rachel saying that to him. He beamed. “You make me a nervous wreck and then make me super happy within a short time frame.” Young Do chuckled,” I love you more, Yoo Rachel.” he said as he kissed her hand.