Drunk

My Air

             Hoon was a bit dizzy. He had a bit too much soju to drink. He stumbled into a taxi and groggily fell asleep. Soo Hyun was shocked at the strange man who went inside a taken taxi. She ignored the situation. “Ajusshi, let’s go.” Soo Hyun said. During the ride, Hoon somehow crashed onto her lap. Soo Hyun observed him carefully. He looked very familiar to her, but she could not remember where she had seen him before. She stared at him as he slept soundly. “You really are handsome.” Soo Hyun whispered. Hoon opened his eyes slightly before heading to a deep sleep. The next day, Hoon woke up to an unfamiliar room. His eyes grew wider as he cutely places his hands over his body to make sure he still had his clothes. He sighed happy to still be wearing his clothes. He then looked around and realized that he had been in that room before. It belonged to Soo Hyun’s mother. He looked around confused as to why he was there. He tried to remember what happened the night before, but came up blank. He assumed he was really drunk and decided to crash there. Hoon sighed and left the house, for it brought back painful memories. Hoon called a taxi and left to the hospital. Soo Hyun walked into the living room after taking a shower only to see that her guest had already left. She shrugged it off and continued on with her day.

            After Hoon completes a successful surgery. He went to the press conference that was being held at the hospital. Jae Joon announced his engagement to the popular idol Mi Ri. Hoon was in the sideline and gave Jae Joon a disapproving look when he glanced his way. Jae Joon ignored him and smiled at the cameras. Once the cameras were off, Jae Joon approached Hoon. “It was only a matter of time.” He said. “I didn’t say anything.” Hoon said coldly. “Your tone says it for you.” Jae Joon replied. He added, “Besides, Soo Hyun wouldn’t want me to become a cold bastard. She would want me to love again, and that’s what I am doing.” Jae Joon justified himself before walking away. Hoon stood there. A part of him still wanted to believe that Soo Hyun was still alive and is just hiding out in America, but he also knows he has to go back to reality. Later that night, Hoon drank again.

            He hailed a cab. He gives his address to the ajusshi. When he arrives he clumsily walks away from the passenger door when the cab driver yells, “Yah customer, you didn’t pay the fare!” Soo Hyun who was in the opposite passenger door looks up to see the figure walking deeper into the night. “I’ll pay his fare. Here’s the address I need to go to.” Soo Hyun told the ajusshi. Park Hoon arrived to his apartment and was reminiscinbg about Soo Hyun. He opens his voicemail. “Hoon-ah! I made it to Japan safely. Oh and I made it into the top medical school in the states! So I’ll be gone a little longer. Please make sure to take care of your health. Love you!” Jae Hee said. Hoon sighed. He and Jae Hee broke up after Soo Hyun’s death and Jae Hee has been travelling the world doing work for the needy. Hoon lies down on his bed as he tries to sleep only to have a nigh

           “Hoon-ah help me!” Soo Hyun yelled. It was very dark and all Hoon could hear was Soo Hyun’s voice begging for help. Hoon awoke with sweat. He sighed as he tried to calm himself down again. Meanwhile, Soo Hyun was at the apartment she shared with Jae Hee. Soo Hyun looks around and sighs, “Everything looks foreign. I really can’t remember anything.” She looks up to see a stuffed teddy bear and had a moment of déjà vu. She leaves the apartment with no progress and takes the subway back to her new apartment.

            A week has passed. One morning, Hoon overslept. Wonder Girls started playing from his phone. He groggily picks up the phone. “Yah Hoon! Where are you! We have patients to take care of! Get over here now!” Jae Joon said. Hoon woke up in a hurry and started to get ready rapidly. As he opened the door, he ran in a hurry accidently bumping into his new neighbor. “I’m sorry.” Hoon said while looking down. “Oh you’re the drunk guy from the cab.” His neighbor said. Hoon looked up and froze as he saw her face. “Soo Hyun-ah?” He whispered.