The man in the mask

My Air

The following afternoon, Soo Hyun had trouble taking a nap. Her head started hurting whether it be because she was trying to remember her memories or because she had trouble figuring out her feelings. She went outside to the convenience store near her apartment. She stared at the ramens trying to figure out which one to get. Soo Hyun felt someone watching her. She froze not knowing what to do next. She could feel a person stare her down. Soo Hyun then grabbed a random ramen and turned around. A man in a hoodie with a black mask covering his face turned away and left the store. Soo Hyun immediately left the store trying to find the hidden man who was watching her, but he was nowhere in sight.

Hoon just finished an operation and wanted to see Soo Hyun once more. He went to his apartment and waited in the hallway for her. After an hour Soo Hyun showed up, surprised to see him waiting. “Soo Hyun-ah. Let’s play.” Hoon said. Soo Hyun didn’t say anything at first which made Hoon a little bit nervous but she nodded and smiled. “Yes! Let’s do karaoke.” Hoon said grabbing her hand and pulling her along.

Hoon was singing to his heart’s content while Soo Hyun admired him. He then pulled her up the stage and she sang along with him having fun. Soo Hyun was at ease when she was near Hoon. She didn’t know why but she liked the feeling. The next song was “Human Love” and Soo Hyun and Hoon sang the song. Soo Hyun could feel the intense chemistry between her and Hoon. Hoon leaned in closer causing Soo Hyun to stop singing with the excuse of being hungry. Hoon shrugged it off and searched for a new song, “food should be here soon.” He said. Soon after the food showed up, Soo Hyun stuffed her face and started choking. Hoon was immediately by her side patting her back until the food went down. Soo Hyun gulped down the bottle of soju in front of her. Hoon watched incredulous at how much she could drink. “Soo Hyun-ah, that’s enough, don’t get drunk.” He told her.

 “Soo Hyun-ah are you okay?” Hoon asked. Soo Hyun nodded and then giggled. Hoon was quite entertained at Soo Hyun’s drunk habits. He found her adorable. “Hoon-ah, you’re so handsome.” Soo Hyun said while bursting into giggles. “I know I am.” Hoon said while chuckling to himself. “Soo Hyun-ah, I love you.” Hoon told her knowing she won’t remember the next day, but still felt great saying it out loud. Soo Hyun laughed, “You love me?” She smiles as she looks up at him, “Someone loving me. It’s a great feeling!” She said. Hoon couldn’t stop smiling, suddenly Soo Hyun got up and almost tripped.

 “I’m going to restroom I’ll be back.” Soo Hyun said. She left the room and started her journey to the restroom. However she could feel someone following her. She turned around to see him. The man from the convenience store. “Soo Hyun-sshi.” He said. “Who are you?” Soo Hyun said in her drunken state, while approaching the man. The man took off his mask, revealing severe burn marks. Soo Hyun froze, she immediately recognized the man in the mask. He was the man in her dreams, the one she had saved before.

“Agent Cha?” She whispered.                 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choi Young Do was at a café waiting for Yoo Rachel. She finally showed up and took a seat in front of him. “What do you want to talk about?” Rachel said. “You know what we need to talk about, don’t play innocent, it doesn’t suit you.” Young Do said. “His father pulled some connections so Hyo Shin can attend important family meetings, so he’s in town for a few weeks, then has to go back.” She said. “I already know that, what I want to know is what your feelings for him are?” Young Do said. He saw Rachel fidget which is something she rarely does. “I don’t know.” She said resigned. “What do you mean you don’t know?” Young Do raised his voice. “You don’t have a right to raise your voice. While you were busy chasing after Eun Sang, Hyo Shin was by my side when I was at my worse. Not you!” Rachel said. Her words stung Young Do because he knew it was true. “So what now?” He said fearing the worst. Yoo Rachel sighed. “Before you say anything, just know that I don’t want us to go on a break.” Young Do voiced his thoughts. “I wasn’t going to say that. I want to continue with this relationship. Don’t worry about Hyo Shin and trust me.” Rachel told him. Choi Young Do had no other choice but believe her