Military Base

My Air

 

 

“Oh Soo Hyun-sshi, we have to get out of here.” A stranger whispered as he kneeled right next to a trembling Soo Hyun. Soo Hyun nodded. “All right, stay low and crawl towards the exit, I’ll keep on lookout. 1-2-3!” He said. Soo Hyun crawled despite her nerves. She finally reached the exit when a man was shot. “GO!” He ordered. Against his orders, Soo Hyun returned and held onto the strange man. She led him to safety and pressed against his wound. The man gazed at her, eternally grateful. “Thank you, really.” He said. Soo Hyun nodded and the man just chuckled then grew serious. “I’m sorry. Because of me, you’re now on the hit list.” Soo Hyun was confused then heard a shot go off in the distance. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soo Hyun woke up startled. She did not know if it was a dream or not. She didn’t want to know. She looked at the time: 4am. Soo Hyun went outside on her balcony and looked up at the stars. Soo Hyun breathed in the fresh air and sighed as she tried to rack her mind for any new memory. Soo Hyun looked at the empty streets below and saw a black silhouette stroll down the street. She ignored him and went back to bed. 

 

Hoon’s alarm blared through the room. He woke up with a smile and got up. He did his daily routine and walked right in front to Soo Hyun’s apartment. As he was about to knock, her door swung open revealing a startled Soo Hyun. 

 

“Good Morning Soo Hyun-ah! I have the day off today so where are we headed?” Hoon asked. Soo Hyun rolled her eyes. “I am going to visit my uncle and you cannot come.” Soo Hyun said as she locked her door. Hoon pouted, “Don’t do this to me. I was looking forward to today all week and now I won’t even get to hang out with you?” Hoon complained. Soo Hyun sighed. “You really can’t come with me Hoon. So please leave me be.” “Alright.” Hoon nodded. “I’ll see you later, I guess.” Soo Hyun said as she left the building. After a few minutes, Hoon smirked and followed her. 

 

Hoon saw Soo Hyun enter a military camp base and was confused. “Be reasonable Hoon, she’s probably meeting her uncle.” Hoon told himself. However, he knew the chairman of MyungWoo did not have any brothers that were military near and not to mention that she passed by an entrance that required heightened security. Hoon was about to sneak on base when his phone buzzed: JAE HEE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soo Hyun was taken to a bunker at the far end of the base. She did not understand why her uncle wanted to meet there, but she just followed his order. Suddenly the bunker opened and revealed someone eerily familiar. The lookout man from her dream stood in front of her.