The Hotel Heir

My Air

“Jae Joon-shi?” Soo Hyun said surprising Hoon.

“Soo Hyun-ah.” Jae Joon said breathlessly.

“Your name is Jae Joon?” Soo Hyun repeated. Jae Joon nodded with his eyebrows bunched up in confusion. “Mian, I only know your name.” Soo Hyun said before turning her attention back to her noodles. Something in Soo Hyun told her that he was important, but she couldn’t remember. If she tries to dig through her mind, then only blurry memories will come back and cause her a headache. Hoon sighed as Soo Hyun didn’t remember Jae Joon. Jae Joon stood there still not believing that Soo Hyun was alive. His dead fiancé was still alive. Hoon stood up to block Jae Joon’s view. “You’re engaged.” He whispered into his ear. Jae Joon looked at Hoon in the eyes. Hoon’s eyes were different, they were serious as if daring him to do anything. Jae Joon return the cold stare, “I thought you didn’t have feelings for her, best man.” Jae Joon said in an equally cold tone.

“Are you two dancing or what?” Soo Hyun said reminding the two men of her presence. “Sit down and eat with us Jae-Joon shi.” She ordered him. Jae Joon sat down still cautious. “I was treated at a hospital in the states. I am not dead and I lost my memories. Get over it and let’s move on.” Soo Hyun said to both of them. 

Both of them nodded like obedient puppies which soo hyun found fascinating that she smiled. Hoon finally saw it. The smile that belonged to Oh Soo Hyun. The smile he had been craving for ever since her death. He finally saw it today. Jae Joon was taken aback. While he had been suffering for her, she was somewhere else with no memory of him. At first he was pissed, but once he saw her smile, all the walls came down and he remembered all of the beautiful moments that he spent with her. She was still beautiful and she was still Oh Soo Hyun. His Oh Soo Hyun.

Soo Hyun looked up after finishing her meal, “Thanks for the meal! It’ll be my treat next time. Bye!” Soo Hyun said while getting ready to leave for her job. “Where are you going?” Jae Joon and Park Hoon said in unison as both of them stood up abruptly. Soo Hyun looked back, “Work.” She replied with annoyance. What was with these two guys, why can’t they let her leave? Jae Joon got up, “Where do you work, I’ll give you a ride.” He offered. “No thanks, I can manage.” Soo Hyun said. Hoon then followed up, “Let me walk you there at least.” “I said no to BOTH of you.” Soo Hyun said before stomping away to her part time job. Hoon and Jae Joon looked at each other, but both followed Soo Hyun from behind.

“Why are you following her?” Jae Joon asks. “I should be asking you the same question. Doesn’t Mi Ri need you right now?” Hoon said. Jae Joon looked annoyed, “Don’t you have a surgery to prepare for in an hour.” Hoon looked at his watch, damn, he was right. At the same time, both of them received calls. They were both chewed out by the Chairman, Jae Joon had an important business meeting and Hoon had to prepare for surgery. Both of them looked at eachother and headed back to Myung Woo hospital.

Soo Hyun finally arrived to her part time job as a barista. She’s always loved coffee and being around the aroma of coffee beans soothed her (Inspired by coffee prince XD). She put on the uniform and began to clean the dirty table in front of her. Suddenly a high school student sat down at the dirty table she was cleaning. The guy had a good pair of eyebrows on him. Soo Hyun resumed cleaning the table when he spoke up, “You missed a spot…here.” He said. Soo Hyun searched for the dirty spot. The guy suddenly got up and pointed closer. There was two specks of sugar to the spot he pointed. Soo Hyun looked up annoyed. “Well that’s your problem.” Soo Hyun said and walked off angrily. The guy gave her a devilish smirk and called for the manager. Soo Hyun started to panic inside then became more furious. Who did this guy think he was? The manager then motioned for Soo Hyun to come. Soo Hyun grudgingly went toward her manager. “Soo Hyun-ah, accompany this young man home.” The manager said. Soo Hyun looked at him disgusted, “Why should I!” Soo Hyun asked. Her manager sighed, “Just drop him off, I’m not telling you to go inside his home.” He said. Soo Hyun sighed and agreed.

 She hailed a cab while the eyebrows followed her with an amused expression. Once they got into the taxi, he began to speak, “Thank you.” Soo Hyun was confused at his response. “For what?” She asked. “For accompanying me home, that way I’m not so lonely.” He said. Soo Hyun looked at him, really looked at him. He was handsome enough. She wondered what a guy like him was doing here and not hanging out with his friends and having fun. He seemed to read her mind, “My friends are more like acquisitions and mergers to me than actual friends.” He said. Soo Hyun felt pitiful towards him, she wanted to ease his pain a little bit. “At least you have your memories. I lost all of my memories in an accident. If I see someone from my past life, it hurts me that I cannot remember them, it hurts me when I see that they become hurt because I do not remember. Essentially I feel like I’m a stranger who has possessed this body.” Soo Hyun told this total stranger how she felt. She hasn’t even told her uncle.

Eyebrows suddenly looked at her, “You’re lucky. When you lose your memories, you also forget all the pain.” He said. “Yeah, but I also lose all the beautiful memories.” Eyebrows pondered on what she said. The cab suddenly stopped in front of a hotel.

 “You live here?” Soo Hyun asked awed at the enormous hotel. Eyebrows smirked, “I own it.” He said watching her reaction. Soo Hyun was in awe, such a young kid had so much. He definitely left an impression. “Noona, thanks for accompanying me. Next time I’ll return the favor.” Eyebrows said. Soo Hyun was startled at the term Noona. This was the first time someone called her that. Noo-na. Soo Hyun liked the thought of having a younger sibling, even if it was snobby eyebrows. “By the way,” Eyebrows said while turning around, “Name’s Choi Young Do.”

------------------------------

Choi young do is not going to be a love interest. I’ll pair him up with someone else from Heirs, but in the meantime they are just friends who listen to each other’s problems and give advice. Siblings essentially. Speaking of Choi Young Do, who should I pair him up with? Cha Eun Sang is NOT an option. Please leave a name in the comments.