The Roach Infestation

My Air

Agent Cha POV: (flashback)

 

“Soo Hyun-sshi, I’m sorry for putting you through that situation. “It’s okay. Don’t talk much, your wounds are still bad.” Soo Hyun said while getting out the first aid kit. “I’m a North Korean spy.” Soo Hyun looked up not surprised at the revelation. “It’s better than being a sociopathic serial killer I guess.” “You can’t cure me. I advise you leave now before they find out who you are.” Agent Cha said. “And I’m saying I can’t leave a wounded person unattended.” Soo Hyun rolled her eyes. This isn’t the way the mission was supposed to go, if Soo Hyun gets even more involved there will be problems. Agent Cha thought to himself, “What’s your name?” She asked. “Just call me Agent Cha.” He said. Soo Hyun looked at him, “You don’t even trust me with telling me your real name, how am I supposed to trust you?” She asked. “You don’t. Your choice, but leave now or they really will kill you.” Agent Cha told her. “I’d at least like to know why I’m being killed.” She said in an eerily calm manner. Agent Cha thought about his mission again and how he was going to make it successful under the circumstances. “Soo Hyun-sshi, take this and hide it somewhere no one will be able to find it.” He ordered her as he gave her a necklace. “Now go!” He ushered her away. He knew what he just did, and he knew what he brought Soo Hyun into. She was just at the wrong time and wrong place. But it was the best method of making sure the mission succeeded.

Agent Cha quickly left the noraebang as soon as Soo Hyun spotted him. He got too careless. He can’t afford risking himself anymore.

 

Hoon POV:

Hoon was wondering what was taking Soo Hyun so long. He went out to find her. He found her frozen in the hallway in front of the restroom. “Soo Hyun-ah!” He said gleefully while giving her a hug. Soo Hyun immediately woke up from her daze and pushed Hoon off, “Yah! Do you want to be slapped?” She said. Hoon grinned, “Try it,” he brought his cheek closer to her, “it’ll be like old times.” He said. Soo Hyun calmed down and walked back into the room. Hoon followed her. “Why were you in a daze back there? Did you see something?” Hoon asked. Soo Hyun didn’t know if she should tell Hoon the truth, but what if she was crazy? Hoon was waiting for Soo Hyun knowing that something was off. “I recognized someone, and a memory came back, but it wasn’t a pleasant memory.” Soo Hyun started saying. Hoon was interested, “Who did you recognize?” Hoon asked. “Agent Cha?” Soo Hyun said his name as a whisper. Hoon heard it though and realized that something was seriously off here. Agent Cha and Soo Hyun didn’t have much interaction before her supposed death or did they? “Soo Hyun-ah, how can you be seeing a dead person?” “What?” “Agent Cha died around the same time you were shot.” Hoon said slowly choosing his words carefully. “Impossible.” Soo Hyun whispered, “Quit joking with me Hoon or you’ll really regret it.” She said with a more joking tone. Hoon smiled to play along, he chuckled, “You should’ve seen your expression.” Hoon laughed harder on purpose to make her feel better. Soo Hyun smiled and both of them went back to eating and singing.

After hanging out, they headed back to their apartment. Once they were going to part, Hoon had an idea. “Soo Hyun-ah, I forgot but there’s a roach infestation in my apartment. The exterminator won’t get here until tomorrow. Can’t I stay with you just for tonight?” Hoon said while batting his eyelashes hoping to look innocent. Soo Hyun didn’t budge and glared him down. “I’ll go check your room, and if there is no infestation then you’re going to pay! If there is you can stay.” Soo Hyun warned. Hoon felt uneasy. Hopefully she would go easy on him. It’s not like he’s lying; he did see one roach in the morning. As they reached the hallway, he reluctantly handed Soo Hyun the key. She opened the door and went inside his room. She looked around and then she screamed. “AHHHH.” Hoon came running in after her. He looked down and saw a family of roaches behind his bed. He didn’t know if it was karma or the heavens helping him out. Soo Hyun ran out of the room and into the hallway. Hoon followed her back out. “Araso, you can stay. Only for tonight.” Soo Hyun said while opening her door. Hoon couldn’t stop grinning. He was enjoying it too much.

Once Hoon entered her room he observed his surroundings and saw that Soo Hyun’s style didn’t change. It was warm and everything was well placed. “I’m going to go wash up.” Soo Hyun said while entering her bathroom. “I’ll go to the store and buy soju.” Hoon said.

When he came back, Soo Hyun was already sleeping on the couch. Hoon sat next to her and watched her sleep. Next thing he knew, he leaned ever so closely. When he was about to kiss her, she woke up, “What are you doing?” She asked. Hoon not wanting to stop, “kissing you.” With that his lips quickly found hers. He was waiting for her permission to deepen the kiss and when she kissed him back, Hoon kissed her back more forcefully. He wanted her.

Suddenly the door knocked and Soo Hyun pulled back all flustered. Hoon was out of breath and felt his heart beating faster every second that passed. Soo Hyun got up and headed for the door. Hoon had to recollect himself and then he heard Soo Hyun’s surprised voice, “Jae Joon shi!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Choi Young Do decided to go hang out with Kim Tan for the day. He won’t admit but he actually likes hanging out with Tan. While playing a round of pool, Choi Young Do told Tan about what he should do with respect to Yoo Rachel. “I don’t know if I can trust her with him.” Young Do said. Kim Tan looked at him weird, “It’s Yoo Rachel we’re talking about. She’s loyal.” He said. Young Do nodded feeling assured. Kim Tan then decided to add something else that unnerved him, “Between us, I talked to Hyo Shin yesterday. I told him that you and Rachel were an item.” Young Do begged him to go on, “He said he understood, but he’s already on the deep end. He’s going to put up a fight.” He finished. Young Do felt uneasy. He was never this nervous, but he never had a proper girlfriend and his first love chose someone else over him. It would crush him if Rachel chose Hyo Shin over him. “What do I do then?” Young Do asked. “You already have her. All you have to do is keep her.” Kim Tan said. “Hyo Shin is at a disadvantage here. Besides you’re Choi Young Do.” Once Kim Tan said that, his confidence skyrocketed. He was Choi Young Do and she was Yoo Rachel. They were destined for each other. Young Do then got a message from Yoo Rachel: We need to talk. And with that his confidence dropped again.