Operating Room

My Air

Hoon couldn’t sleep well that night. His guilty conscious prevented him from getting his beauty sleep. He got up and went outside of the hallway. “It’s okay Hoon-ah. Soo Hyun doesn’t need to remember and Jae Joon is engaged. You did nothing wrong with that white lie.” Hoon told himself. He sighed and looked up at the stars.

 

Soo Hyun couldn’t sleep. She was nervous about going to the hospital the next day and also the image of her and Jae Joon kept coming up. Soo Hyun shook her head. She walked outside to see Hoon looking up at the stars. Soo Hyun approached him and tapped his shoulder. Hoon turned around and was pleasantly surprised. “Soo Hyun-ah.” Hoon said. Soo Hyun smiled. “Couldn’t sleep either?” She asked. Hoon nodded. “Want to drink? It’ll help us sleep.” Hoon offered. Soo Hyun agreed.

 

Hoon finally arrived from the convenience store, with beer in hand, to the rooftop of their apartment complex. They began drinking until Hoon lost consciousness. Soo Hyun was still very much sober and found a drunk Hoon to be very amusing. “Alright buddy, time to go to bed.” Soo Hyun said. She picked up Hoon only to accidently drop him. “Oops.” Soo Hyun giggled. She finally got a hang of it and led Hoon back to his apartment. As she was about to let him go, his weight pulled her with him on the bed. Soo Hyun got a closer look at Hoon. He really was handsome. Suddenly her head started to hurt and she had another flashback of when she was in this exact same situation. She suddenly remembered her conversation with Hoon during that time. Something about a Seung Hee.

 

Hoon woke up to see Soo Hyun by his side. He was startled at first but liked the situation. She looked unguarded and at peace in her sleep. Hoon leaned in closer. Soo Hyun then opened her eyes, startled. Hoon froze unsure of what to do next. Soo Hyun widened her eyes in surprise and stood up abruptly. Changing the topic Hoon reminded Soo Hyun that she had agreed to go to the hospital with him today.

 

They both arrived at Myungwoo hospital and everywhere they went, the hospital doctors and nurses surround Soo Hyun to wish her congratulations at coming back to life. Soo Hyun finally caught a break and went into her father’s office. “How are you sweetheart?” He asked. “Could be better.” She replied. “That’s the spirit!”He exclaimed. Soo Hyun couldn’t help but laugh at his attempt to make her feel better. “There’s my daughter.” He said with a smile.

---

Hoon was excited because Soo Hyun was back to where she belonged. He walked by Jae Joon’s office only to hear Jae Joon and Mi Ri arguing.

 

“Do you still love her?” Mi Ri asked. “This question is pointless Mi Ri. I’m still engaged to you and only you.” Jae Joon reasoned. “Then do you love me?” Mi Ri whispered. Jae Joon approached her, “I will not lie. Right now I’m confused, but if there is one thing that I do know is that I do love you.” Jae Joon responded after giving it much thought. Hoon continued to walk off and gave them space.

 

Soo Hyun was doing her basic rounds when she saw Jae Joon and Mi Ri embrace in his office. She quickly walked into a random room when Jae Joon and Mi Ri were heading out of the office. Soo Hyun looked around at the room she was in. It was an operating room. In the operating room, Soo Hyun looked around with interest. There was something about that room that made her feel weird inside. She approached the operating table and placed her hand on top of it.

------

“We need to perform surgery on him now!” The masked guy yelled while pointing a gun at the blurry doctor. Soo Hyun hid behind a wall as she saw what was going on. Soo Hyun was crying as the surgery kept progressing. Why was she crying? The fear suddenly struck her.

------

Soo Hyun immediately snapped back to reality in the empty room. What did she just see?

 

Hoon entered the room only to see Soo Hyun trembling and near tears. “What happened? Are you okay?” Hoon asked. Soo Hyun nodded. Hoon embraced her and Soo Hyun felt more at ease as she hugged him back.

 

Jae Joon was watching from the observatory.

 

Hoon grinned, “Better?” Soo Hyun could only nod. “Aigoo what will my ddulpari do without me?” Hoon teased. Soo Hyun pouted, “Why do you keep calling me ddulpari?” “Then should I call you Soo Hyun-ah.” Hoon joked. “Yes. That’s my name.” Soo Hyun said angrily. She was walking towards the door when Hoon came up from behind and hugged her. “You are my one and only Soo Hyun. My ddulpari. Never forget that.” Hoon said seriously. Soo Hyun felt her heart beat faster and she didn’t know why.

 

-----

Side story*

 

After his encounter with Soo Hyun, Choi Young Do rushed to Rachel’s house. “Yah Yoo Rachel! Open up!” He yelled. Yoo Rachel opened the door annoyed, “You do not need to knock that way.” She said. Young Do froze. What if she slammed the door if he confessed. This won’t do. “Why are you here?” Rachel asked. “Let’s go.” Choi Young Do said while holding Rachel by the hand. “Yah Young Do! I am perfectly capable of following you.” She said while yanking her hand free. Young Do found that admirable. Rachel wasn’t your typical girl, the girl had character and a fierceness that he had come to like. “Do you remember this place?” Young Do asked. Rachel looked around only to see a simple park until she saw the rose bush. She and Young Do planted the rose bush when they were little kids. Young Do thought it was now or never. “Yoo Rachel. I, the great Choi Young Do, like you.” Rachel was surprised. She didn’t know how to react in this situation. Usually she’d reject the poor soul, but when the person was Choi Young Do, that was a different story. Rachel avoided his eyes, “Yah Young Do, don’t joke like that. It’s not funny.” “Am I laughing. I’m serious Rachel. I like you and if you don’t feel the same then that’s okay too.” Young Do said trying to get out of the awkward situation. Suddenly Rachel planted a kiss on Young Do. It took him by surprise until he realized what they were doing and closed his eyes. Once they parted, Young Do smiled involuntarily. “Looks like I finally got the girl.” He said. Rachel rolled her eyes, “The problem is not getting the girl, it’s keeping her.” Rachel said. Young Do walked Rachel home with their hands intertwined. As they approach her house they see Hyo Shin sitting on the front porch. Rachel immediately released Young Do's hand leaving him confused.

 

 

 

 

*The side story will be a shorter than the main