Light

Protecting the lightning boy

Light

 

Chen wanted o scream and throw up and cry at the same time as the rage rose in him. BTS had not known Chen for very long before they went on the mission but they had been amazingly nice and caring. Chen had found a friend in Jin, in the nice and caring personality, and how he had welcomed Chen into his life so fast.

 

Chen would never get to thank Jin for what he did for him. Because Jin was no more. Jin was just one of the broken bodies laying on the ground, in the middle of all the blood, eyes wide open and mouth tightly shut. He was staring at Chen, almost in panic but Chen knew he was dead. The creature infront of Chen had done that. It had killed BTS in a heartbeat.

 

And now Chen would kill the creature. He could feel the electricity run through his veins and he smiled, a bitter, hurt, angry smile as he prepared to fight. He could see Xiumin watching him, as did the others, but no one made a move to stop him. They let him do it, they knew he had to. The only one who moved were Lay who moved towards the bodies on the ground in a sudden movement. 

 

”Guys!” He let out, shocked. ”They’re not dead!”

 

Chen looked at Lay. ”What?”

 

Lay looked up, anger evident in his voice. ”The creature has somehow taken their souls, that’s why they are lying so empty on the ground. They are wounded, yes, but not dead. Their souls have just left their bodies.”

 

Luhan nodded, as he looked at the creature, who strangely still hadn't made a move. ”How do we get them back?”

 

Lay looked grim. ”My best guess is by killing the creature.”

 

At the same time, Tao moaned out in pain. ”God, this thing is strong. I can’t hold it much longer.”

 

That was when the others realized that the creature hadn’t moved because it was waiting for them to attack, it hadn't moved because Tao had used his powers immediately to hold it still.

 

Lay spoke up, as his hands started glowing when he healed the wounded bodies. ”Get ready then, the rest of you. I’ll keep the bodies alive while you kill the creature.”

 

The other eleven nodded, and Suho took a protecting stance infront of his lover, as he knew Lay could use the protection. Xiumin stood slightly infront of Chen, the heat of the moment where they all were prepared to let Chen kill the creature gone and now he was set on taking care of the lightning boy. Chen, on the other hand, didn't want the protection. He wanted to fight as well.

 

As the thing started to move, Chen really took in what it looked like. It wasn't like one of the magmas, no, this one was green like poison, and it had no true form. It was like a bubbly mess. Chen thought he could spot a pair of grey eyes deep inside the gruesome monster, but he wasn’t sure. Nothing about the creature was sure. More than it was gross, of course. I was moving faster now, and Chen took a fighting stance, much like the one Tao had. He was going to help kill this gross thing. even though it would be tough and he never really had fought something similar before. If he could save Jin and the rest of BTS he would. 

 

The creature broke free from Tao’s hold in a final punch, and Tao grunted as he stumbled backwards from the force. Tao was actually a bit worried. BTS was a strong group, and they had been taken down easily. His vision had clearly been of when they were chased by it, and they hadn’t been able to do a thing. And it had broken free from Tao’s hold, which was quite hard as well. The only ones of the others who had broken through when he finally caught them was Luhan Xiumin and Kai. Kai since he had a similar power, and Luhan and Xiumin since they were simply stronger than Tao.  For the first time in long, Tao wasn't actually sure they were going to win the fight. 

 

The creature let out a deep growl, and before anyone knew what was happening it screamed with a voice terribly familiar.

 

”I AM GOING TO EAT YOU ALL.”

 

Even though Chen had understood something like this could happen, he was still shocked to hear Jin’s voice come out of the monster. It was Jin’s voice, but yet it wasn’t. The voice had the same tone as Jin’s, but it’s pronunciation was different and it just wasn’t the same. It made Chen mad. The creature wasn’t supposed to have Jin’s voice, it wasn’t supposed to take his soul. And it wouldn’t. 

 

No one could react as fast as the next events happened. The creature threw itself with a speed which almost seemed inhuman right onto D.O, and the boy let out a scream as he flew through the air. Kai reacted immediately though, and puffed up to catch his husband before he hit a tree. 

 

”D.O” he asked worriedly ”D.O. Kyungsoo!! Are you okay?”

 

D.O opened his eyes when he heard his husband call his real name. He never did that, unless he was really worried. ”Yeah” he whispered. ”But it hurt” he whined. Kai let out a breath of relief and teleported D.O next to Lay, and in a blink of an eye he was next to the creature kicking it hard in the heard before reappearing beside Chen. 

 

The creature screamed agonizingly from the pin of Kai’s hit, and turned it’s grey eyes towards the tan male.

 

”I am going to kill you” he growled out, with Jin’s voice who still wasn’t Jin, but Kai just laughed. 

 

”you’re welcome to try, but I’ve already died once, and I’m not interested in doing that again any time soon.”

 

Right after he had said that, he disappeared again, kicked the creature straight in the back, before he returned to his original spot. The creature was not more than furious, which caused a change in it.

 

The green skinned turned darker, the eyes turned lighter. It was like looking into the eyes of someone who just had eyeballs, but Chen wanted to scream because he could see them. He could see all the souls trapped inside that monster, how man people’s souls it had taken. He wanted to puke, but at the same time he wanted to just throw himself at the creature. A strong hand on his wrist and the shaking of Xiumin’s head stopped him though. For now.

 

As Kai attacked again, the creature was prepared for it, and just as Kai was about to kick it turned and threw itself at Kai at the same time. For a second, Chen was absolutely sure the creature ha crushed Kai, as he heard D.O’s scream of despair, but then Kai reappeared beside his husband. He had been prepared for the fact that the monster probably would catch up to him, and therefore he had managed to teleport away before he was beaten into a pulp. D.O let out a sob of relief as Kai stood infront of him, unharmed. 

 

”I can’t do anything to it” he muttered. ”My energy runs out quicker than before still. I can’t fight it or I won’t be able to bring you guys back in an emergency without me almost dying again.”

 

Lay looked up. ”Then don’t. Stay back. Help protect your husband and BTS. D.O is more injured than he let’s you think.”

Kai gave D.O a worried gaze, but then he stood protectively infront of the none fighters. ”Go” he said to Suho, who looked like he was ready to kill something. ”I’ll protect them.”

 

Suho looked at Kai in a short second, and then he nodded. He then moved graciously towards the monster, and smiled, yes smiled, at it.

 

”I am curious” he said lowly. ”What is the name of something like you?”

 

The creature laughed. ”I am the only one left of my kind, but we called ourselves Malums. We exist only with the purpose of living, of devouring other peoples’ souls in order to survive. My name, as I have given myself would be Moon.”

 

Chen stared, and before he could stop himself he had opened his mouth in pure curiosity, the fight momentarily forgotten. ”Why Moon?”

 

The creature smiled at Chen, and that was probably the grossest smile Chen had even seen in his entire life. ”Because the moon reminds me of what my eyes look like when I’ve just fead. I saw them in a pond once, after I devoured the souls of some children, and they were so white! Just like the moon.”

 

The group in the circle stared at the Malum (Chen refused to even think about it as Moon), in complete horror. 

 

”You sick bastard” a low voice called out, and Chen turned slightly in shock of seeing Sehun, practically seething. He had never seen the usually very stoic person that angry in the entire time he had known him. ”You think you deserve the name moon? You think you even deserve to live? You think that for real? Because you don’t. You are a disgrace to the world, your own soul is just as ugly as your outside. The name of your kind suits you better. Malum. Evil in latin. How fitting. I don’t know how you managed to survive up until now, but this is your last night alive, I assure you. You, you disgrace of a monster, will die tonight.”

 

The wind around them got stronger and stronger with Sehun’s every word and once it had grown so strong the trees on the outside of the stony circle was almost breaking apart from the force, the Malum’s grin had completely disappeared, and cold rage filled it’s face instead. Eve a little bit of fear was evident. 

 

The wind around them was strong, and yet Chen wasn’t affected by it. He realized it was because Sehun decided where the wind would hit. The only thing it did to his teammates was to ruffle their hair.

 

When Sehun stepped forward, moving towards the Malum with easy steps, like there was no wind, the Malum charged for Sehun. Sehun, though, simply put up a hand and the wind grew even stronger, forcing the Malum back. The creature growled again, as it pushed harder, but Sehun just smirked as he let the wind get even stronger. There was a hurricane forming around him and the Malum, lifting them up into the air. The wind was piercing the Malum’s skin, making it bleed and the monster cry out from the pain.

 

But with the pain came also the rage. 

 

With a force stronger than anything Chen had felt in his entire life, the wind could disagreed as fast as it had came, and Sehun flew down onto the ground, coughing loudly as he held his throat.

 

Luhan was by his side in a heartbeat. ”Sehun” he called out, holding the younger’s hand. ”Sehun what happened?” he asked as he put his hand up, throwing the creature into the air and down in the ground with such force the ground cracked. 

 

Sehun regained his breath. ”Don’t go near it, guys! It tried my soul out in our distance, and it almost succeeded. I had to let it go in order to save myself.”

 

Luhan growled out, his eyes turning to slits. ”That little er will regret it even ed with us.”

 

He lifted his hand again, intending to make the creature go flying gain, but the Malum let out a loud laugh. ”That won’t work on me again boy! You see, one of the perks of being me is that I can absorb the power of your attacks, and then make myself indestructible against them. The harder you hit the stronger I become.”

 

Luhan cursed, and stood up, but someone beat him to it. 

 

Chen’s eyes were almost sparkling of the lighting themselves, and small sparks of the blue electricity started erupting from his body. His was angry, and tired of the creature’s wits. It had hurt his friends, it was on the verge of killing BTS since it would soon we impossible for the souls of the boys to return to their bodies, and he just wanted the creature to be gone. The stronger he thought about it, the stronger the lighting around him grew, and the others watched in aw as he now completely were in control of what he was doing.

 

The creature had looked shocked for a moment, but then it started to laugh again, and Chen wanted to kill it so much right then because it wasn’t suposed to laugh with Jin’s voice. ”HAHAH. You really think that lightning will do anything to me? You really think that? You are stupid, boy. You are not strong enough.”

 

Che smirked. ”I am not no. But one of my friends will be.” He then let his hand point towards the creature, and strong bolts of lighting hit the creature, much like they had hit Sungjae that night not too long ago. The creature probably hasn’t expected it to be that strong, because it let out a scream of surprise as the lighting started to hit it. It coated it’s body with a blue cloud, and The others looked on quietly as Chen continues shooting lighting  at the creature. Chen knew himself it wouldn’t be enough to kill it, because he wasn’t strong enough to bring out lighting like that, but hopefully he could manage to weaken ut before it grew immune against the hits. 

 

Chen had understood something, just like the rest. The creature was powerful, yes, very powerful, but if you hit it with an attack powerful enough, one single attack, and the monster would perish, body not being able to handle the attack. So Chen would use his powers to what he could right now. Tire it out.

 

As expected, soon enough the creature stopped caring about the hits Chen gave it, and the blue could around it disappeared as it grew immune, and Chen withdrew his lighting, sining down on the ground ti a sigh, and Xiumin immediately stood infront of him. 

 

Suho started stepping forwards. ”Chanyeol” he mumbled. ”Perhaps we could create a fusion with our powers, something that would make the creature blow up?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, and started moving towards Suho, but he didn’t even take two steps before a hand wrapped around his wrist and someone else stepped forward.

 

Baekhyun smirked at the creature, but it was a deadly smirk. Chen had never really seen Baekhyun as a scary person, but right then at that moment he was terrified. There was something murderous in Bakehyun’s eyes, even as he was smiling, and his whole body was glowing from the light that had started surrounding him. 

 

”There is no need for a fusion, Suho” he said quietly, and they could all here the rage in his voice. ”Let me handle this one.”

 

Chen looked worried at the others, but none of them made a move to say no. Chen looked at Baekhyun. He was terrifying at the moment yes, but the creature was huge and Baekhyun was almost as small as him.

 

It was almost as Baekhyun had heard his thought, because he turned around and smiled at Chen. ”Let me show you my power Chennie” he said, as his eyes went dark. Chen almost scampered back, even though he knew Baekhyun would never hurt him, but the light in Baekhyun’s eyes had just disappeared, leaving them as dark as night. 

 

Then, as suddenly as he the Malum had attacked D.O, Baekhyun threw something at the creature. ”Get back” he just said silently, and the others backed away without second thought. The light Baekhyun had thrown at the Malum didn’t look very scary, the light blindingly white and beautiful, and Chen stared at it fascinated. It was like the light took all the other light in the small circle except for the light around Baekhyun, leaving it glowing alone in the darkness. 

 

As the light reached the creature, Baekhyun smiled. ”That’s” he said quietly. ”How the moon are supposed to look like. That is what moonlight looks like, since it is moonlight. Your eyes will never be like that. Your eyes won’t even be no more.”

 

For the first time, since they had encountered the Malum, a look of pure horror took it’s from in it’s eyes. And then, with a light so strong most of them had to look away, the little ball of light expanded hastily. 

 

And then it exploded. 

 

The force of the explosion had them all flying backwards, even as they had stepped back. The only one remaining on his feet at the same spot was the culprit himself. Baekhyun seemed completely unaffected by the exploding light he was just standing there, with that terrible smirk still on his face. 

 

”Goodbye” he said grimly as the light suddenly turned it’s explosion, the Malum into a void of nothingness, a void if complete darkness. A word of death. And then, just as suddenly as it had come, the light was gone, not leaving a trace behind. Not even leaving the Malum behind.

 

As Chen managed to sit up, he looked at baekhyun incredulously. ”What the hell” he breathed out ”was that?”

 

Baekhyun turned to Chen, eyes normal and a light, nice smile plastered on his face. ”I’ll explain in a moment. Now look.”

 

They all did what they were told, and they all gasped as small balls of life started erupting from the place the Malum had taken it’s last breath. Most of them just went up into the sky, fading away into the night as they whispered little ”Thank you”’s. But six lights, travelled slowly towards the six bodies on the ground. They floated towards the chests, where the hearts of the BTS members were and without anything else they slipped into their bodies. 

 

Just a couple of seconds later, the six bodies gasped for air, and sat up staring wildly around them.

 

Jin was the first one to speak, and EXO all breathed out in relief as it was Jin’s real voice, the wonderful real one in the real body. ”Are you guys okay?” he asked desperately to his teammates, who nodded after a couple of seconds.

 

”We” Jungkook managed to get out ”are alive.” He turned towards the twelve boys around him. ”Thank you.”

 

Jin smiled. ”We saw everything through the creature’s eyes. We are truly thankful for you coming to save us, but how did you know he needed help and, Baekhyun really, what the was that?”

 

Chen smiled at his friend, reveled that there seemed to be nothing wrong with him. 

 

Tao answered the first question. ”I got a vision of you guys being chased screaming for help. We left immediately after. Alice was really worried.”

 

BTS smiled affectionally at the thought of the headmistress. She might seem crazy to the outer world, but she never was in their eyes. She was the best headmistress they could have ever gotten.

 

”And about what I did” Baekhyun said, with his face white as he suddenly sagged against Chanyeol, who had caught the smaller once he noticed he was going down. ”It’s not something I do often. The only one who has ever seen me used it is Chanyeol, and that is a long story, and the only ones who knew before this other than him and my parents is Alice, Luhan and Xiumin. We didn’t tell the rest of you since it’s hard to explain and I wasn’t sure if I was going to use it again. The light I used are the strongest light which has even been created, and it’s not mine to create. It’s actually pure moonlight, and nothing else. The power of the moonlight is so pure, that anything purely evil perishes with it when it touches it. If there is even a slight good part it won’t work very well, since moonlight only is used to take away pure evil. Not many creatures are like this, but after it sad what it had done, I understood it was and that it would perish if it was touched by moonlight. That was also the reason to my all the souls were fine, they weren’t evil and therefore not affected by it.

 

I almost never use moonlight since like I said it’s mostly ineffective, but in when it does work it’s one of the strongest things alive. The only down part is that it steals a huge amount of energy just to borrow that small part moonlight I did, and that’s why I am like what I am at the moment. Sorry if I worry you, but I’ll be perfectly fine with a good nights sleep.”

 

Luhan nodded in a confirming matter, and the others breathed out of relief. 

 

Tao sighed. They had made it, after all. ”It was a tough fight though” he let out.

 

”Yeah” Xiumin said. ”We’re lucky it was the last of it’s kind. Now they will never bother us again. Now let’s get back home. D.O is injured still and Baekhyun and Chen and Lay need to rest.”

 

”I am fine now though” D.O let out, standing up on wobbly legs. ”Lay healed me.”

 

Kai grabbed his husband and lifted him onto his back.

 

”Hey!”

 

”Such. You still need rest, you look like you might pass out. You too Lay, and Chen you are pretty white as well.”

 

Chen looked at Kai, with feverish eyes. ”I actually have been feeling a bit under the weather today.”

 

”WHAT” 17 voiced called out, and Xiumin placed a hand on Chen’s forehead. He swore. ”You have a fever.”

 

Lay got up, looking better again, as he healed quickly and glared at his brother. ”idiot” he let out, as he walked up to him and picked him up in his arms, but Chen just whimpered and said nothing causing Lay to sigh and pat his head. ”Let’s go home” he said, and the others nodded, giving Chen worried glances. He couldn’t be healed from sickness, and would have to wait it out which was worrisome since he just has used a lot of energy. 

 

As they all disappeared in Kai’s black smoke, they were all thinking one thing.

 

ing fantastic.

 

Author’s note

HAhAHAHHAaH omg I am done with the chap!!!! A bit quicker update this time, hihi!!! I hope you liked it!:D