A new home

Protecting the lightning boy

A new home- chapter 2

 

The others had happily brought Chen to his new room shared with Xiumin and then had told him that they were going to training in an hour and that he was going with them. So if he wanted to unpack this was a good time to do so.

 

So there Chen was standing, in a room with two beds ad the opposite site of the room. One part clearly inhabited and one empty, and aging for someone to fill it with love. 

 

Chen had always loved to make places personal. He always thought it was very saddening to see an empty house or place, just waiting for someone to fill it with life. Chen always wanted to fill everything with life. 

 

Therefore, he immediately started unpacking and put up pictures of himself, his family and his friends. All things that he loved were pulled out from backpacks and put into place. The notebook he used to write songs, the flute he played when he was feeling down and the sketchbook where he drew his dreams and hopes. His drawings were always abstract and weird, but to him they carried a message. A feeling. And that was all Chen needed. 

 

Despite always smiling and always being happy, Chen on the inside was not like this. He worried and felt upset just like everybody else, but he was just better at hiding it. Because they had other things to worry about. They didn’t need to worry about him as well. So therefore he kept his biggest secret for himself. A secret he probably never would tell anyone. A secret that revealed everything that had happened to Sungjae. A story more horrible than anything he had ever went through, a story that still haunted his dreams. A…

 

”Are you ready to go?” a voice suddenly asked. 

 

Chen turned around and saw Xiumin standing there with his ice-cold eyes, and couldn’t help but to feel a bit relieved that he had woken him up from his dark thought. Better pull himself together. 

 

”yeah i am ready to go.” 

 

”Then come on.”

 

Chen and Xiumin walked side by side, the silence sickening. Chen hated that kid of silence. 

 

”Soooo” he asked, ”where did you come from before you got here? How was it there?”

 

Xiumin just kept walking. Chen, getting annoyed, busted out;

 

”Well you could at least try to be nice and answer the question.”

 

The next moment he felt himself pushed up against the wall, face to face with Xiumin. 

 

”Listen carefully kid” Xiumin sid aggressively. ”There will from now on be some new rules. I am assigned to protect you but that does not mean we have to be friends. You will only ask me questions if it is absolutely necessary. You will never ever ask me anything privately, and you will keep to yourself when we are in our room. And you will keep quiet. I do not like loud noises. Is that understood?”

 

Chen just stared. Who had slapped him this morning to make him so cranky? But since Chen was so scared of him , and would have no chance of winning if they started fighting he just nodded. ”Understood.” 

 

The silence was sickening. Chen hated that kind of silence.

 

 

 

 

”This,” Luhan said, ”is our trailing facilities. Here everyone tt the school work on their powers, but just in different rooms. This room here is the biggest one, and is especially assigned for us. We are the strongest mutants on school, and we are all in one group. This room is built to hod if we release our powers. The other rooms would break apart if we used our powers in there. Me and Xiumin have destroyed in total five training rooms before this one.”

 

Chen nodded, but inside he just wondered how strong they really were, if they needed a special room for their powers. Why did he have to be trained by them? He wasn’t, and would never be as strong as them. He just didn’t understand why he was put with them. For protection sure, but didn’t he just slow them down? Chen hated being a nuisance. He had always been the weak one, and would probably always be, but he didn’t want to rely on other people. 

 

At that moment Chen made up his mind. He would work hard to master his powers so he could, for once, protect others instead of them protecting him. 

 

”When will we start training?” Chen carefully asked. 

 

”We actually have to train today” Beakhyun. ”But you wont start until tomorrow. Today you will just watch what we are doing, and you can look around a bit as well as long as you keep close by. Okay?”

 

Good, Chen thought. That gives me a chance to train on my own. ”Yes. That’s quite alright.

 

 

After his statement the others had left Chen at the side of the training facilities and had started their own training. Tao, for example, was busy meditating in the air, held up by Sehun who was building up his stamina to keep Tao in the air while reading a book. Jongin was popping up at random places at the speed of lightning, appearing and disappearing to quickly for Chen to see all the times he landed. Lay was practicing healing on some plants, Baekhyun was standing still with his eyes closed, seemingly focusing all his power on something Chen did not know. Chanyeol was standing in a circle of fire, shooting said fire at a flying Kris, who was doing everything to keep away from the flames. His yes were glowing red, and Chen ordered quietly what Kris’s real form was. 

 

D.O was stopming the ground infront of him, making the group crack and rebuilt again and again. Xiumin was sitting beside Tao, freezing the ground in front of him to the core. His skin were pail and beautiful and he looked very cool just concentrating slightly on what he was doing.

 

Chen shook his head quickly. No! Xiumin was NOT cool, he was an , nothing else. 

 

He heard a quiet shuckle behind him and quickly turned around. Luhan was standing there, with an amused expression. 

 

”Your thoughts are quite entertaining” he said.

 

”You can read my mind?”

 

”Among other things, yes. That reminds me, do you even know what kind of power all of us has?”

 

”Not really, i can guess some just by looking, but i am not entirely sure.”

 

”Then i will explain. Suho, who is standing over there trying to cool Chanyeol of has the power of water. His power is pretty common, but what makes him strong is that he can control water to the extent that he can control the water in your body, which in other words means that he is a bloodbender. Beakhyun has the power of light, which means he can light up a place enough to hurt your eyesight but he can also take all the light away from the person he is fighting and place him in complete darkness, or in another set if light if he wishes. He can to be short make you see things which are not there. 

 

Chanyeol has the power of the phoenix, which is fire but a lot stronger. If he gets really ad he will develop fire wings which are huge, and hurt like hell to be hit by. Kyungsoo has the power of earth, both to destroy and rebuilt it. He is aslo ridiculously strong. I would not anger him if i were you.

 

Kai has the power of teleportation and he is the fastest at what he does at this school. He is an expert of where to land, and he can travel so other dimensions as well, but he never does cause the laws of space and time says not to interfere with other dimensions if not absolutely necessary. He is also a total sweetheart, but thinks way to much with his heart than he does with his brain, which is a great weakness.

 

Sehun is a total power source, and for the record he is of limits if you are gay. Sehun belongs to me. He has the power of wind, and can create huge storms with it. If we can combine your power with his i think it would be pretty cool. 

 

Kris has the power of flight, and is an expert in his field. He also has the power to fly in space for example, therefore our nickname for him, galaxy.”

 

”What’s his real form?” Chen asked.

 

”So you noticed? You are pretty sharp. Kris can, if he wants to, transform into a dragon. A big, black, ing huge dragon who does not fit anywhere and can not hide on bit. But he is useful if you ever need a ride.

 

Lay, as you know has the power of healing, and he is very very strong. Also, as i read your mind earlier i noticed you know about his secret. Don’t worry about that i know ” LUhan said as he watched Chen get a look of horror on his face ”I already new, and so does the rest of the group as well. But the rat of the school  doesn’t o you really should learn how to control your mind. I will help you with that later. There are a lot mind readers at this school. None as strong as me, but strong enough. 

 

Tao has the power of time, which is a scary power. He knows everything and he gets weird visions from the future, but also the past. He can also travel to the past, but not the future, as that could kill him, but he never changes anything. I think, if he learns a bit longer, that he could have the power to turn back time, but it’s nothing i know for sure. 

 

I have, as you know, the power to read minds, but also to move things with my mind and break in and control others minds. That is also a big part to way you have to learn to protect your mind. Otherwise people like me can break in and force you to do things you do not want. Be careful of all minders except me, because we are vicious and can be evil. If you are not our friend you are an enemy.

 

Xiumin has the power to not only freeze anything around him, but he can freeze your whole body too. From the outside in, or just the inside. The inside is extremely painful. He gets angry easily, and he does not except people well, which is why he is so cold against you and anyone else he does not know. He is known for being cold. He has a dark past and does not easily trust people. 

 

And then there is you. But i a not very sure of your powers yet, and as i can see in your mind neither is you.”

 

Chen didn’t answer at first, as he had a hard time taking in all the information Luhan just gave him. His protecters were a lot more scary than he had thought, and he thought them terrifying even before. And Luhan probably knew this already. 

 

”Could you stop reading my mind, Luhan?” he asked. 

 

Said boy shook his head. ”I could, but i wont. If i stop reading your mind i can not check up on you, and then i wont know where you are and then i can’t protect you. SO no, sorry.”

 

”Alright” Chen stood up. ”I am going to take a look around, if that’s alright. I will keep close by.”

 

”fine by me” Luhan said. ”I will know if you get into any trouble.”

 

Chen nodded and walked out of the training room. As soon as he was out he took a turn to the right and walked outside. The night was beautiful and clear, and free from mindreading people and ice-cold beauties. He also let his mind go bland, as he had been taught long before, and smiled a bit to himself. ”Try reading my mind know Luhan.”

 

He looked around. The school facilities were huge, and had lots of benches and grass and even a pond. But the interesting thing were not all the beauty. It was the huge black forest surrounding the east side of the school. Chen had always loved forests and felt himself getting drawn towards it. He knew he probably shouldn’t go so far of, but he thought that people were overreacting a bit. He didn’t think people at the school cared if he was special or not. And besides, the while place was empty. What could possibly go wrong?

 

At the same time inside the training room, Luhan frowned a bit. Lay, who noticed, stopped what he was doing and went over to Luhan, drawing all the others attention as well. ”What’s wrong Lu” he quietly asked.

 

”Well, i was just checking up on what Chen was thinking when his thoughts just stopped. I can still feel him , but i can not read his mind. All i know is that he moving toward the… toward the ing forest!”

 

”Oh hell no, ing ” Lay exclaimed. ”We forgot telling him abou the forest, and he loves forests!!! Also, Luhan, did Chen tell you he couldn’t look of his thoughts from minders?”

 

”No, but i assumed so as i could read his every thought before. Why?” he asked s they all were moving to the exit.

 

”Because he can, but probably wasn’t using it until he got out of sight. He is not stupid, he probably knew we would never let him out alone if we didn’t know where he was. Luhan can you still feel him?”

 

”Yes but he is fading the closer he gets to the forest. Lay, if he goes in there…. Oh he disappeared completely.”

 

A look of horror spread on Lay’s face. ”I will go after him. It’s not good if we all go alone. That will only make things worse.”

 

”No Lay you shouldn’t ” was the reply. ”You are still tired from healing Chen.”

 

”I know” Lay said. ”But i can not let him get hurt. He has a weird condition, that if he gets mentally tired he can be healed, but if he get physically injured i can not heal him. No one can. We can stop bleedings and so, but they can easily start bleeding again, and he needs almost just as much rest as a normal human does. I can not let him get hurt on his first day, i can’t.”

 

”ing !” Luhan exclaimed. ”Okay, but i will..”

 

”No,” a cold voice suddenly said. ”I will go after him, as he is my responsibility. And when i do, i am going to give him a big round of yelling for being an idiot.”

 

The other’s looked as Xiumin rushed out the door. Had that been a lock of worry in his eyes?

 

 

 

Chen stared at the sight infront of him. ”Oh hell no,” he whispered. ”What on earth have you gotten yourself into?”

 

And per usual. 

 

ing fantastic.

 

Author’s note.

 

Here’s an update guyyyyyys. Hope you enjoy. Comment?:)