Chanyeol vs Chen

Protecting the lightning boy

 

Chanyeol vs Chen

 

A couple of days had passed, and Chen was finally starting to feel like himself again. He had become sick again after he felt better, but it wasn’t as bad as the first time. Lay had fretted over him like a mother hen, but Chen had let him, since he knew how much his brother worried about him. 

 

Lay had always been the strong one of the two, the taller, stronger and more powerful. He was the big brother, and his mother hadn’t even needed telling him he should protect his younger brother, because he already did. Sometimes, he was even worse than Chen’s parents. He always made sure that Chen got home safe, and he was the one who told Chen when he should come home. If he hadn’t come home at the time Lay had told, him, the older would come and get him while scolding him all the way home. The reason Lay was protective wasn’t only because Chen had lacked in power, but he had lacked in hight and strength as well. Chen was just so tiny, so easy to break, and Lay would never let anyone break his brother if he was there. Therefore it had been quite hard for Lay when he no longer could see his brother often, due to the fact that he was so powerful and that this could hurt Chen who didn’t have any powers at all. It had been painful, and Chen who had now been left alone without him had become more quiet, and he didn’t tell his brother al the things he used to anymore. They were still close, and they loved each other, but Chen had become more reserved, and Lay understood why. 

 

For Lay, it was a big stress reliever when his brother could finally join him at the school for magic users. It was the chance he needed to get really close with his brother once more, and it was a chance for him to watch over the younger. Even though Chen had proved to be more than capable of taking care of himself, Lay still worried, just as everyone else. It wasn’t only Xiumin who also worried, but also Chanyeol and Baekhyun and Tao. All of the people in EXO, and Alice as well a BTS. They all worried about the frail looking boy with he kittenish smile, who couldn’t be healed when hurt or sick, and who just had gotten his powers. Powers who were powerful, and dangerous. It was a big responsibility to be the holder of such powers, but Chen handled it perfectly. He was careful with them, and he got to know them more after every day that passed. He had understood very quickly how to work them, the only thing he needed now was to increase his mental stamina so that he could use his powers longer. 

 

And mental stamina was what they were starting to train after he became well enough to not even cough anymore. Lay and the rest of them didn’t want to take any risks of him getting sick again because of starting practicing so soon after he became that sick, so he had had to wait until he was completely fine, which he now were. And Chen was glad. He didn't mind that his brother had had to take of him while he was sick, but he didn't like the fact that the others had had to help him as well. He had accepted it at the time, but it was still a bit embarrassing that he was so weak in some aspects. All he wanted was to become stronger, better, so that he could protect the others as well, but he knew he had a long way to go. He had seen that when they fought the Malum in the woods. 

 

Those kinds of thoughts were still occupying his thoughts when he and the others walked into the training room, but he was quickly shake out of his thought when he felt someone pull his arm carefully. As he looked up, he saw a smiling Chanyeol standing before him.

 

”Hey” the microwave tower said with a bright grin.

 

”Hey yourself” the resident troll answered, with a wink.

 

”Today we’re gonna practice our mental stamina, and well I was just wondering if you would like to, you know, practice with me today?”

 

Chen looked at Chanyeol, surprised, but then he nodded with a bright smile on his face. ”Of course, that would be really fun! I don’t think I’ve ever seen you use your powers for real.”

 

Chanyeol laughed. ”Well, some day’s gotta be the first, right? Now let’s go!” He dragged Chen with him, and Chen let himself be dragged, until he felt his brother’s familiar grip on his other arm.

 

”Hang on” Lay said. ”Who said you can just go away with Chanyeol like that?”

 

”Me?” 

 

Lay sighed. ”Look, Chanyeol is powerful, and you guys’ powers aren’t similar at all. You could get hurt.”

 

Chen shook his head. ”I am well aware of that Chanyeol and me don’t have similar powers, but if I ever have to fight something or someone who hasn’t powers which are comparable to mine this has just been good practice. And if he hurts me he hurts me, things happen. I’ll just have to be careful and try not getting hit in the face with a fireball.”

 

”And you don’t have to worry, Lay ge” Chanyeol said. ”I’ll be careful to not go too hard unless he can handle it. I don’t want to hurt him either.”

 

”But if it does happen” Chen butted it. ”It won’t be his fault that I can’t fend for myself.”

Lay looked unsure, but knowing that look in his brother’s eyes he knew it would be futile to go against him. When Chen had that look, he had decided that he would do something and that nothing in the world could stop him. Except maybe an angry mother. Lay called it the ’troll’ look. 

 

”Fine” Lay let out with a sigh. ”But be careful, both of you. Chen, you could potentially hurt Chanyeol as well, if your powers go out of control.”

 

Chen nodded seriously, Chanyeol with him, and then off they were, to a private part of the training area. Lay sighed.

 

”You think they will be alright?” 

 

Lay turned towards the voice, and looked at Xiumin. ”I hope so. If Chen gets hurt or sick again this soon I will get truly angry. He needs to learn how to be more careful.”

 

”Now now, love. You need to let him learn by getting hurt sometimes. Of course we don’t want it to happen, but as he said, accidents happen.”

 

Lay looked at Suho, and hated him for being so damn wise. ”Fine” he hmphed, but Suho just smiled, unaffected, and hugged his boyfriend. Lay hugged back, leaning his chin on the other’s shoulder. Suho was nice to hug, Lay thought. Soft, but still some muscle. Lay remembered clearly how they had met, and smiled at the memory. Although that was a story to think about another time. Now he needed to train his abilities. Just like the rest. He turned towards Suho, and smiled. 

 

”Wanna spar with me?”

 

Suho was about to answer, but another voice interrupted him. 

 

”Actually, I was thinking I could spar against you today Lay.” 

 

Lay turned towards Xiumin, surprised, but nodded. ”Okay sure. Suho, you’ll spar against Luhan instead?”

 

Suho looked like Lay had just told him to grow an extra pair of arms, but Lay just smiled and did nothing as Luhan dragged Suho away, talking about how it was good for Suho to practice against someone he usually didn’t practice with.

 

”Wonder why” Suho muttered. ”I’m gonna get killed.” 

 

”Nonsense”, Luhan answered happily. ”This is gonna go great.”

 

And just like that, everyone had paired up, and started practicing in lonely parts of the huge training area. They all took their training seriously, and worked hard, trying their best to bring they opponent down without hurting them too badly. Luhan was just standing still while using only his mind to fight against Suho, who was running around dodging things Luhan threw at him while trying to make an attack of his own. he had succeeded a few times, since Luhan was wet all over, but Luhan wasn’t even trying and Suho knew that. It wasn’t that Suho was weak, because he most definitely was not, but Luhan was just too powerful. 

 

Baekhyun was sparring against Kris, and the two of them did a good job at trying to hit each other with various attacks and failing miserably at actually hitting the other, resulting in that they just destroyed all the equipment laying around them. 

 

”BAEKHYUN, KRIS” D.O called out suddenly, turning his angry eyes towards the older man. ”STOP DESTROYING THE TRAINING HALL AND TRY DESTROYING EACH OTHER INSTEAD! HOW HARD CAN IT BE?!”

 

Baekhyun and Kris stared at D.O, and then they turned towards each other. 

 

”Satan Soo is out” Baekhyun whispered. 

 

Kris nodded, looking just as sacred as Baekhyun felt. ”Let´s stop playing and take things seriously instead.”

 

Bakehyun nodded, and suddenly, they started hitting each other instead of everything else. Before, they had just been teasing each other, trying to scare the other. Now, with Satan Soo’s dark eyes studying them in the background, they started doing things seriously. 

 

D.O, who was pleased with the result his satanic behavior caused, turned back to his usual smiling self and turned back towards Tao, who was patiently waiting for him to turn around. 

 

”Ready to start again” Tao asked with a smirk. 

 

D.O nodded, and suddenly his smile turned back into a satanic one. ”Yes.”

 

Tao gulped. ”D.O, you promised you wouldn’t go all Satan Soo on me.”

 

D.O just grinned. ”ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR.”

 

”WHERE IS THERE A WAR?!”

 

”THIS IS SPARt… UMPH!”

 

Tao just stood frozen for a while in pure shock, and then he started laughing hard as D.O had, in his satanic state, fallen over his own feet and embraced the ground with his face.

 

As Kai ’poofed' up beside his husband, saving Tao from Satan Soo’s rage, Sehun sighed loudly. He and Kai had actually been doing well, fighting properly and both feeling like they actually did progress, but now they had to stop cause Kai’s husband from hell had face-planted the ground. He walked up to the pair as Kai helped D.O, up, said boy sporting a bruise on his face where the ground so kindly had tried to kiss him. But other than the bruise he seemed okay, and since Kai was beside him he had finally let go of his satanic self. 

 

”You okay babe” Kai asked his husband, voice laced with concern. ”Do you need to take a break?”

D.O shook his head. ”No. I’m fine, it’s just a bruise Kai. We’ve both been through much worse. And since Tao laughed at me, I must destroy him.”

 

Tao yelped in the background, and Kai laughed. ”Play nice, Dyo. Love you.”

 

D.O smiled, and chased his husband’s lips until he got his kiss. Then he stood up, turning to a  white-faced Tao.

 

Kai smiled again, and went back to Sehun, who was glaring at him annoyed. ”What?”

 

”We were doing so well, and then you just leave in the middle of my attack!”

 

”I had to make sure Soo was okay!”

 

Sehun sighed. Had it been Luhan he had done the same. ”Yeah yeah, fine. Let’s go?”

 

Kai nodded, and with a smirk he disappeared, just to reappear behind Sehun a second later kicking him in the back. Sehun, as fast he was, managed to use the air around him to prevent falling and sent a gust of wind towards Kai, who were pushed back harshly before he once again disappeared, and Sehun started looking for him again. They were great partners, the two of them, since their powers made it so the other had to keep moving the whole time. As Kai ’poofed' up again, Sehun grinned at him, the other grinning back, and then they were at it again. 

 

Xiumin and Lay, on the other hand, were having a surprisingly even match. Xiumin was extremely powerful, but Lay was powerful as well, and Xiumin found himself having trouble beating him. Lay used well thought out strategies to beat him, and since Lay’s power worked very differently from Xiumin’s, he never really knew what Lay would do, and how he would do it. It didn't make things better that they both were extremely stubborn and refused to give in, and so they fought viciously. Lay saw a chance when Xiumin stumbled from a especially hard attack against his energy, and threw himself at the older man. Xiumin let out a load groan when Lay landed on him, pushing the both to the ground, but he reacted immediately. His eyes lit up with a strange blue, and Lay could feel every ounce of his body become cold, his healing not fast enough to heal it without him feeling it. The harder Xiumin held onto Lay, the harder the latter felt it fast to concentrate and fight as his body became colder and colder. He made a note to himself that next time they fought he would never touch Xiumin, and instead stay far away and work his power onto the older instead. That was probably the best chance he had if he ever would defeat him. 

 

Just before he felt his consciousness slip away he heard Xiumin’s voice whispering into his ear.

 

”Do you admit defeat?”

 

Lay whined, and with the last of his resolve he whispered ”yes” and Xiumin’s cold hands immediately let him go. Once he did, Lay’s body healed itself quickly, and when he finally felt warm enough to move he slowly sat up, Xiumin carefully helping him. 

 

”You okay?” Xiumin questioned with worry in his eyes. 

 

”Yeah, I’m fine” Lay let out with a cough. ”I just wasn’t prepared for that. I thought I finally had you.”

 

Xiumin grinned. ”Nah. I’m not gonna let you win that easily.”

 

It wasn’t until Xiumin actually said this that Lay realized that Xiumin hadn’t even been trying his best. He had had some difficulty beating him, yes, but that had been when he wasn’t even trying for real. It was almost frightening for Lay to realize that Xiumin was as powerful as he was. No one except Luhan had actually seen Xiumin try for real. When Luhan and Xiumin practiced they were always alone, so they wouldn’t accidentally injure anyone. And when they fought enemies, Xiumin always stayed in the backgrund, protecting the others when they needed to instead of being the one to throw himself at the enemy first. When Lay first had met Xiumin, he thought that Xiumin stayed back because he way afraid, but it wasn’t until they all had almost died under a mission and Xiumin had taken charge and effortlessly defeated the enemy he had realized that it wasn’t the case. Xiumin was there as an assurance, if the others couldn’t handle it, he would handle it for them. Up to which point his strength grew, no one except Luhan and Alice truly did know. And to be honest, Lay was afraid of the answer. 

 

As Xiumin helped Lay up, though he couldn’t help but ask. ”Hey, Xiumin hyung. I’m curious about a thing, but I don’t want you to think I’m trying to hurt you by saying this.”

 

Xiumin looked at Lay, head bowed a bit at the side. ”What is it then?”

 

”Well, I’m just wondering why you never kill the enemies off before we do on a mission. You mostly can handle things all by yourself but you always let us try before you step in.”

 

Xiumin looked at Lay’s obviously scared face, and smiled. ”Well first of all it’s because you guys will never learn if I step in and do everything. And second, what if I use up all my energy doing things you guys can handle just as well, and then there comes a much worse threat and since I did all the work myself before cause I didn’t let any of you help me, I wouldn’t have been able to protect any of you the least. That’s why I do what I do. I have learned from my past that you can never do everything alone. It’ll just end up in people who didn’t need to get hurt getting hurt, and people who didn’t need to get killed getting killed. I never want that to happen again.”

 

Lay nodded, a bit guilty looking. ”I’m sorry hyung, if my question hurt you. It was never my intention.”

 

Xiumin laughed. ”You didn’t. I’m honestly more surprised about that it took you so long to ask.”

 

”Well, I understood quickly that you had a reason for doing what you did, and I didn’t really want to intrude. We all deserve to have some personal space.”

 

Xiumin smiled fondly, and ruffled the younger’s hair. ”You’re cute, Lay yah. But you can always ask, remember that. You don’t have to be afraid I’ll get mad. If I don’t want to answer something, I won’t.”

 

Lay smiled back, and nodded. ”Okay.”

 

”Now, let’s try again shall we? You’re really powerful, Lay. I’m almost afraid.”

 

Lay grinned. ”Yeah. Almost.” Then he once again concentrated on trying to get Xiumin’s energy to run out, while Xiumin smirked and Lay felt the cold come creeping again. ”You’re gonna turn me into a popsicle.”

 

Xiumin just laughed. ”That’s how my powers work, idiot.”

 

 

While all this was happening, Chanyeol and Chen had just been standing on the ground, and instead of working on their mental powers by actually using them, they had a staring contest. Tears were slipping down their faces as they fought hard not to blink.

 

”I’m never, ever, not ever, going to give up” Chanyeol gritted out, and Chen scoffed.

 

”And you think I will back out. Not gonna happen in a million years.” They both stared at each other with even more emotion that before, and a lone tear slipped inside Chen’s mouth, causing him to cough, but still refuse to close his eyes. 

 

Then came the final blow. A poor little fly, who had no idea why and how it had ended up inside the crazy people’s training room, accidentally flew right inside Chanyeol’s right eye, and Chanyeol, our of pure shock, closed his eyes. 

 

”NOOOOOO!!!! FUKCING FLY!”

 

”I WON!!!!!!”

 

”THE FLY CHEATED!”

 

”DID NOT!”

 

”TOTALLY DID!”

 

They just stood there and stared once more, in pretend anger, before Chen broke down and started laughing, Chanyeol with him. Their eyes were crinkled with laughter, and they giggled like little children for good five minutes before finally stopping, clutching their sides. 

 

”That was fun” Chen let out with a mischievous smirk. ”Me winning and all.”

 

Chanyeol snorted, and rolled his eyes. ”You’d never won if that fly didn’t attack me. I swear, you somehow made it do that just so you could win.”

 

”And how would that even be remotely possible?”

 

”Don’t ask me, I’m not the yielder of those lightning powers.”

 

Chen laughed again. ”Trust me, I certainly did not call that fly on you. Although perhaps it felt sorry for  me, and decided to help.”

 

”Or it was just stunned by my fatal beauty and forgot to turn before it reached my handsome face.” 

 

Chen choked on his spit, and Chanyeol grinned with an embarrassed face. ”Kidding.”

 

Chen shook his head. ”You’re insane. Although, you are very good looking, so don’t say that you were kidding.”

 

”You really think so?”

 

Chen looked at Chanyeol, and for the first time he flew like he could actually see more than that happy shell the other had created around himself. Behind all the smiled and laughter actually hid a sweet boy who was just as insecure about himself as anyone else, and Chen found himself smiling fondly.

 

”Yes. You’re really handsome, Chanyeol ah. And I’m not saying that just to be nice, cause if I don’t have anything true to say, I won’t say it at all. It’s better to tell the truth. But I am not telling any lies, Chanyeol. You’re cute.”

 

Chanyeol blushed. ”Thank you.”

 

”Doesn’t Baekhyun tell you you’re beautiful?”

 

Chanyeol smiled. ”Yes he does, but he’s the only one. I just thought that Baekhyun found me pretty because he loves me for what I am.”

 

Chen smiled back. ”Well he does love you for what you are, but that doesn’t mean he can think that you are handsome anyways. Because you are. I think the others don’t dare telling you cause they don’t want things to be awkward between you, and they don’t want Baekhyun to be jealous or something. But I don’t really care. I think it’s safe to say that I’m not the least interested in you in that way, but I still think you’re pretty.”

 

”Thanks, Chen. You’re weird, but I like you.”

 

”I like you too, bro.”

 

”I actually think you and Baekhyun will be amazingly good friends.”

”Yeah?”

 

”Yeah. You’re really similar in your opinions. He might seem loud and boisterous but he’s a sweetheart, and he gets hurt really easily.”

”I’ll remember that. Now, perhaps we really should try to fight a little before the others realize we have been doing nothing since they started training.”

 

”Yeah. We should.” Chanyeol let out a grin, a truly happy one and Chen smirked in response. Then the two of them slowly started circling each other, building up energy for the fight they were about to have.

 

Surprisingly, Chen was the one who attacked first. He stretched out his hand towards Chanyeol and a bolt of lightning flew out of his palm with a blue light. Chanyeol reacted really quickly though, and avoided the attach easily by countering it with his own fire. One second there was nothing similar to fire but in the next it was there, orange-red and dangerous, catching Chen’s lightning and destroying it. Once he had done that he immediately sent a bash of fire towards Chen, who quickly jumped out of the way shooting another set of lightning at Chanyeol, who this time didn’t have the speed to avoid it completely and flew backwards from the strength of being hit. He landed with a groan, but quickly got up again, and Chen took a step backwards. Now, Chanyeol’d whole body had started expelling flames, protecting him from Chen’s lightning. Chen would be lying if he said he wasn’t the slightest bit intimidated.

 

Before he really could press what was happening, flames surrounded his body, and he felt the heat envelop him in the most uncomfortable way. He let out a startled cry, which caused Lay and Xiumin as well as Baekhyun to look up from their training and set their eyes on the area Chenyeol was in. Chen, who was starting to think that he was going to die in the fire Chanyeol had released on him slowly started sinking to the ground, but then in the next second the fire was gone, the heat disappearing like it was never there in the first place and Chen could breath again. 

 

He saw Chanyeol’s face directly infront of his own as the latter crouched down infront of him. ”Are you okay” the taller asked.

 

Chen assessed himself, and then he nodded with a smile. ”Yeah. I don’t get how though?”

 

As Chanyeol was about to answer, Baekhyun’s voice interrupted. 

 

”Yah, Channie and Chen, are you two okay over there?”

 

Chen grinned, blushing as he realized how pathetic he must have looked. ”Yeah, we’re fine! I was just a bit startled, but no injuries or something like that!”

 

”Okay good!”

 

Once Baekhyun didn’t say anything else, Chen turned back to Chanyeol. 

 

”I have had these powers for a long time, Chen. One day, when I was younger I realized that I could let my fire envelop a person, making them feel caught and hot, without truly hurting them. It doesn’t always work, since enemies are more prepared for it to happen and can ignore it if they have fought me before, or if they have heard of me, but you didn’t know this so therefore I could use it on you successfully.”

 

Chen blushed again. ”I see. I’m really sorry. i must’ve looked like a complete fool.”

 

”No, not at all. Most people react like you when this happens to them for the first time. I mean, it can’t be a nice feeling, truly hurting you or not. The only persons whom I have fought who didn't react at all, was not surprisingly Xiumin and Luhan, the cold hearted fellah and the mind-reading deer. All the others were quite shocked, so I would’ve been disappointed if you weren’t. Don’t worry about it. Let’s just go again.”

 

Chen took a deep breath, and nodded as he took Chanyeol’s outstretched hand and stood up. He could do this. ”Okay.” 

 

They got into fighting position once more, and this time it was Chanyeol making the first move, shooting a fireball at Chen, who avoided it quickly and let lightning fall from the roof of the room this time, making it difficult for Chanyeol to avoid, fire around himself or not. 

 

”Smart move, Chen!”

”Thanks, Chanyeol!”

 

”But you’ll not win over me quite just yet” Chanyeol grinned as his eyes lit up and once again Chen felt his body surrounded by the hot flames, but this time he didn’t become scared and closed his eyes instead. 

 

They’re not really there he thought as he stubbornly kept his eyes closed. Then he focused on the heat around him and let his lightning slowly mix up in between. When he heard Chanyeol’s confused gasp he opened his eyes, and watching as an act of a life time played out. 

 

The flames Chanyeol had created and Chen’s lightning had mixed up completely, creating a fire which was no longer orange, and warm, but cold and blue. It sparkled with energy, and Chen couldn’t bring his eyes away form it. It had become a beautiful fusion, and even though they might not ever be able to use it since none of them really had control over it, it was still beautiful to watch.  But then Chen retracted his lightning, and only the orange fire remained, and slowly disappeared as well as Chanyeol brought it back. 

 

”Wow” Chen breathed out, and Chanyeol walked up to him.

 

”Yeah. I am at a loss for words. That has never happened to me before, that powers fuse like that. It’s a pity I can only control my own part of it though, since that will make it really difficult to use. 

 

”I know. But perhaps it’s something we could learn one day, with lots and lots of practice together.”

 

”Maybe, you never know. But it feels pretty far away right now.”

 

”Why so discouraged? Of course we can learn! Come on Channie, let’s try again.”

 

Chanyeol felt himself smiling as Chen used his nickname, and nodded. ”Fine.”

 

And so they tried again. Chanyeol brought his flames out and made a fireball in the middle of the room, and Chen carefully shoot his lightning into the ball. At first, it looked like a fusion was going to be made as the flames started changing color, becoming a strange mix between orange and blue, but then the fireball literally exploded and disappeared into thin air lifting Chen and Chanyeol up from the ground with its strength. They both landed with strangled groans, and sat up slowly. Chen rubbed a sour spot on his elbow, and looked at Chanyeol, who was brushing away dirt from his hair.  

 

”What the hell happened now?” Chen questioned with confusion laced in his voice. 

 

”I think you sent in too few lightning bolts. Last time you were fighting me so you put power into it, but now you were all careful. Your lightning was too weak to match my fire.”

 

”, yeah you’re right. I’m sorry Channie.”

Chanyeol laughed. ”It’s fine, don’t worry about it. Are you okay?”

 

”Yeah, fine. You?”

 

”I feel perfectly fine. Let’s try again okay? I want to be able to make this work again at least one more time.”

”Yeah me too.”

 

This time Chanyeol sent out aa bit smaller fireball, but Chen was putting a lot of effort into his lightning causing the lightning to overpower the small fireball easily. The ball disappeared, and Chen’s lightning roamed freely around the room until it hit Chanyeol in the hip, sending him sprawling as Chen finally managed to retract them. 

 

”Omg, I’m sooo sorry!!!!! Did I hurt you? Should I call for Baekhyun? Lay? Channie answer me!”

 

Chanyeol groaned, and slowly sat up. Once he gave himself a check-up and decided he was fine he started laughing. ”Damn Chen, you don’t have to kill me you know. And yeah, I’m fine. You managed to retract them before they made any serious damage.”

 

Chen let out a breath of relief, and helped Chanyeol up. ”I think I overdid it this time. We need to find some kind of a balance.” 

 

”Agreed. Let’s try again.”

 

The pair tried again, and again and again, but every time they did the fusion never happened. Either Chanyeol’s flames ate Chen’s lightning, or it was the other way around, or the fusion just exploded like it had before. But even as they managed to match the amount so it became even, the fusion still wouldn’t happen. The two powers just bounced back. it left Chen and Chanyeol frustrated, tired and disappointed. They had been trying for quite some time, both geting dirty and a bit cut up from it. When the others, who were done and satisfied with their training joined them, they were standing facing each other. 

 

”What are you guys doing?” Baekhyun asked as they all watched them. Even Luhan was quiet, confused over what he was seeing in their minds. 

 

The two only ignored the rest.

 

”Last time Channie” Chen gritted out between his teeth. ”What are we doing wrong?”

 

Chanyeol sighed, looking just as tired as Chen felt. ”I don’t know. We tried literally everything. Like.. what the ?”

 

Chen was quiet for a moment, but then he realized something. ”Maybe” he said slowly, ”That’s the problem. We have been trying too hard. When it actually did work, we didn’t intend for it to. We were just fighting. Let’s try that again?”

 

Chanyeol let out a smile, and nodded. ”Yeah. What do we have to lose anyways?” 

 

And so, Chen closed his eyes, and let Chanyeol’s flames surround him once more. But this time, he stopped trying. He just let the feeling of his lightning flow through his body, and out towards the heat around him. He felt his lightning touch and instead of pushing it, he just let if flow, not gently but not fiercely either. And by the sounds the other were making, finally, finally, it worked. 

 

He opened his eyes to meet Chanyeol’s, and grinned proudly. He was tired, so tired, and all he wanted tot do was sleep, but he was pleased that they finally made it. Chanyeol looked like he thought the same, as they once more watched the blue fire go around. Then, slowly, Chanyeol retracted his flames, and Chen did the same, and the fusion disappeared, vaporized into thin air like it was never there to begin with, and all that was left was two very happy but tired yielders and ten other yielder who was gaping so much that their chins almost were touching the floor. 

 

”What.The.HELL WAS THAT?!” Baekhyun shrieked out, with eyes bigger than craters, scaring even D.O. 

 

Chanyeol grinned sheepishly. ”I have no idea whatsoever. It’s like we made our powers fuse together or something. Only the problem is that it doesn’t work when we are trying to made it work, and we can only control our own elements of the fusion so we can’t really use it yet because then we have to do it completely synchronized. And it’s like, super tiring.”

 

Chen nodded, and leaned against his brother with droopy eyes. ”Yeah. I feel like I could sleep for a week. But I’m hungry” he pouted, and Chanyeol laughed. 

 

”Me too, Chennie. Guys, could we discuss this more thoroughly over dinner. I am dying out of hunger as well.”

 

The others, still chocked over what they just had witnessed, couldn’t do anything else but agreeing and slowly making their way towards their dorm. There were a lot to be discussed. Firstly, they needed to understand what the was going on, since no one had ever heard of fusions before, and then they needed to learn if there was any use using them. They probably needed to talk to Alice about it as well. 

 

ing fantastic.

 

Author’s note

 

GUYSS I AM SOOOO DAMN SORRY! I know this took like an eternity for me to update, but it’s an extra long update so I hope that makes up for it just a little bit. I have been super busy with school these last few weeks, I even cried once^^^ BUT NOW!!! Now I have summer break so hopefully I will be able to update a lot more than before. I am going on a small vacation but other than that I am all good to write!

 

This chapter you also learned more about the guys’ powers, and I hope you understood everything I was trying to say. If you’re curious about anything, or you on’t understand it’s just to ask.

 

ALSO I’D LIKE TO THANK one of my reader who gave me the idea of fusions in a comment. Only problem is that I can’t find it;( If you who gave me the idea reads this, please tell me it was you and I’ll edit this and write your username so I can give you some cred. It’s a very nice idea! 

 

See ya all<3.