anger

Protecting the lightning boy

Anger:

 

Lay and Luhan were the first ones to reach Chen and Xiumin, and their anger were evident in their eyes. Luhan were angry because no one, no one, cheated him and got away with it. And Lay, well he was angry because thy had told Chen not to wander of to far on his own, how dangerous it was, and still his little brother did. That he was angry ws an understatement. He was furious.

 

Chen blushed madly as he saw his brother’s angry face. He knew how much trouble he was in, and that it was his own fault. But still, he tried to mangle his way out. 

 

”But Lay ge, you know i can’t resist forests!” 

 

”I don’t care, you little , i said don’t go to far, and yet you did, cutting Luhan of as well. You clearly can not be trusted. Do i have to have someone at your side all hours of every day, huh? Is that what it’s gonna take! I am so mad at you right now, seriously. You know in what dangerous position you are in and still…!”

 

Chen’s eyes were now filled with tears. His brother had never in his life yelled this much at him, not even the time when he had escaped from home to explore a nearby forest with Sungjae when he was little. Seeing Lay like this, was scaring him more than he thought was ever possible, and he didn’t want that. He wanted his old nice unicorn hyung back. 

 

”I am so sorry hyung” he mumbled out as the tears started to fall. ”I didn’t mean to worry all of you. I thought you guys were just overreacting, that nothing dangerous would happen if i just wandered a little bit longer that allowed by my own. I didn’t know about the forest being dangerous, and it was like it was pulling me in, like someone or something was dragging me there. I am so sorry hyung, please don’t be mad at me please.” Chen was no sobbing his heart out, and he saw all Lay’s anger disappear as said boy ran to his younger brother, taking him in his arms (he pulled him away from Xiumin who frowned a bit at that) and started hushing him, moving him back and forth, like he was a little child. 

 

”It’s okay Chenchen, but you must understand how worried i get when things like this keep on happening. You have to be more careful you idiot. Now hush baby, i am not mad at you, or yes i am, but i wont be mad forever, okay? You are overreacting, everything is fine, look no more yelling from me today, everything is fine.”

 

Slowly, Chen started breathing more normally again, and the tears stopped falling. He had been really scared that his brother would hate him forever, but now that he had calmed down he understood how stupid that had been. Of course Lay would not hate him forever. He was such a silly boy. 

 

”I am sorry hyung” he said again, burying his face in the crock of Lay’s neck. 

 

”I said it was alright stupid, now on to the next question. Are you hurt? I am carrying you after all, and so was Xiumin, before.”

 

Chen blushed. ”Well when Sungjae attacked me in the woods, i fell and twisted my ankle a bit. But it’s fine i think it’s just a slight sprain.”

 

Lay looked confused. ”Sungjae?”

 

Chen’s eyes dropped. ”Yeah. I thought i had killed him back then, but i know it was him. I would recognize those eyes anywhere.”

 

Lay looked concerned. ”I admit that is strange, but we will have to talk about that after i check on you ankle. Let me decide wether it’s just a sprain or something worse, okay?”

 

Chen sighed but nodded his head. There was no way around it, after all. 

 

 

 

When Lay had taken Chen to his room, he went to get medical equipment and then came back, ordering Chen to pull his pants up a bit so he could see said boys ankle better. Chen did what he was told, and Lay cursed a bit at the swelling that had already occurred. 

 

”This is why i tell you to be more careful” he said as he wrapped a bandage tightly around Chen’s ankle. ”You can’t be healed like normal mutants, and therefore you have to take it more easy. What if something worse had happened?”

 

Chen looked guilty. ”I already said i was sorry” he muttered out. ”I will be more careful from now.”

 

Lay snorted loudly. ”Yeah i think i heard the same sentence earlier today, and now look what happened. I don’t believe you at all, stupid little brother. Sometimes is think i should keep you on a leash. That way i could keep an eye on you.”

 

Chen looked horrified. ”Please don’t!”

 

Lay laughed. ”No i won’t, i have Xiumin to keep an eye on you after all. He will be enough, especially after what happened today, he will keep a better watch on you. He takes his job seriously, and i think he has taken a liking in you.”

 

Chen blushed a bit. ”Shut up” and Lay laughed again. He then picked up his brother and brought him out to the living room, putting him down on the sofa, 

 

”Now” Kris said. ”If you could kindly explain what you were talking about before.”

 

Chen nodded. ”Well i should probably take it from the beginning.” And then he told the whole story, from beginning to end, about how he met Malcolm and when they talked and how he then got attacked by Sungjae, whom he thought was dead. ”And then Xiumin came and saved me, but never killed Sungjae as i told him not to. I want to do that myself if there’s a need to.” 

 

The others just stared at him, after his incredible story. 

 

”Well” Tao said after a while. ”I think i might believe you. When Malcolm told you he had met two other people who knew who he was, one person he was talking about was me. I saw him once when i was guarding the edge of the forest, and i told him to go away as i understood who he was. He never talked to me though. Kind of wished he had, now that i think about it.”

 

Chen nodded. ”But how did you know it was him?”

 

”I saw him in  vision once, but it was a very blurry vision and the only thing i remembered was his face. It was different now, because of the power break he had, but the features were still the same.”

 

”You never told us this Tao!” Luhan exclaimed. ”How did you hide it from me?”

 

Tao smiled. ”I have my ways. I am a time bender after all. I know lots of things, one of them how to keep secrets from you.”

 

Luhan grumbled under his breath. ”Annoying time people.”

 

”I wonder who the other person is though” Baekhyun said. 

”That would probably be me.” Everyone looked at Xiumin, who looked just as cool as ever. ”I saw him once when i was in the forest, and i came to the conclusion it had to be him. He tried to talk to me, but i called him scum and left. And i am sorry Chen, but i still don’t really trust him. It sounds to good to be true.”

 

Chen nodded. ”Yeah i have been thinking that as well. But we will just have to wait and see. I still have to get better at managing my powers if we will have any chance at all. And perhaps we could talk with our head mater about is. She seems nice enough.”

 

The others nodded. ”She is a wise woman” Chanyeol chirped out. 

 

”But i am curious though” Kai suddenly said. ”I wonder how this Sungjae person can still be alive. Wasn’t he, sorry Chen, killed by your lightings?”

 

Chen looked sorry, but nodded. ”Yes. I saw his eyes go completely cold, and thought he had disappeared all together, and i knew he had wanted me to kill him if that ever happened, so i did. But now i am starting to think the magmas were somehow changed, so Sungjae and another magma switched places. Because the eyes i saw today were still Sungjae’s, just like they were before i killed whatever it was back at home.”

 

Luhan clenched his mouth. ”Well i guess there is no good way to get around this, We will just have to talk with Alice tomorrow, perhaps she can throw some light over the situation. And now i suggest we all go to bed, as we have to get up early tomorrow. We will start Chen’s training as well, we can always work with his mental powers. So get a good rest, because i wont go easy on you, Chen. And if you ever dear to cut me of like that again, i will make sure you ay for it. Understood?”

 

Chen gulped. Luhan was, despite his baby face, a really scary dude. ”Yeah. I understand, i am sorry for trolling you, it will not happen again.”

 

Luhan smiled, and ruffled Chen’s hair, before walking of. ”Night guys” he said and took his boyfriend with him into their shared room. Sehun waved as well, and let out a cute smile, which Chen returned.

 

”Well” Suho said. ”Luhan is right, as always. We should get to bed.” And one after one they all left for their rooms, only leaving Lay, Xiumin and Chen behind. 

 

”Will you be alright?” Lay asked, and Chen nodded.

 

”Yeah, hyung i will. I am feeling okay. Nothing bad will happen, i hope. Go to bed alright.”

 

Lay smiled and nodded. ”I will. Want me to help you to your room?”

 

Chen was about to answer, but never got the chance as he was hoisted up in someone’s arms. ”That wont be necessary Lay. I got him” Xiumin said and walked of, leaving Lay gaping behind him. This was the first time ever Xiumin had willingly carried someone he didn’t really know. He smiled. 

 

”Chen is changing him. I am glad.”

 

 

When Xiuchen finally reached their room, Xiumin got the door open and then proceeded to let Chen down on his bed. As he already was dressed for the night, Chen just crawled under the covers, a bit to embarrassed to look at Xiumin just yet. He couldn’t believe that Xiumin had carried him, two times that day. He blushed deeply just at the thought of it. 

 

While Chen had a little fight in his head about Xiumin said boy had gotten his clothes of, and were now putting on a pair of loose sweats for the night. Shirt of. With abs. 

 

To say Chen was almost drooling would be an exact explanation of the situation, and Xiumin who noticed smirked, as he layed down on his bed and shut the lights of. ”Good night Chen” he said.

 

”Good night” Chen answered. 

 

 

 

But things really didn’t become a good night, as Xiumin woke up after a couple of hours with Chen screaming his head of. 

 

ing fantastic.

 

 

Author’s note.

 

^^. Did you like it? What are Chen’s nightmares about? Any thoughts? Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter. Byeeeee! ;)