Training

Protecting the lightning boy

Training

 

When Chen arrived in the training room, there was no one there yet, so he decided to look around. The room was filled with different object for training, long sticks which looked like those you used in wushu, and ropes hanging down from the ceiling. All in all, it looked like an ordinary training room, more like one used to train physical appearance and not the mental powers. 

 

”You already here.”

 

Chen turned around at the voice behind him and smiled. ”Yeah, i am. I wanted to be early.”

 

Xiumin almost smiled back. ”Good. Now, as you know, I am going to be your head trainer, but in some parts of the training some of the others will help. But for this first part i will help. To be able to fight well with your mental powers you need to be trained well physically too. To get the mental powers to work longer you need to be in a very good physical form. So we are going to get you to build some muscle.”

 

Chen visibly gulped. But not for the reason Xiumin thought. ”Alright, haha. When are we beginning?”

 

This time, Xiumin smiled for real. ”Now. Give me 20 laps around the room.”

 

Chen looked around. If his measurements were correct it was probably around 200 meters around the room, and 20 laps would result in 4 km. That he could do, and he did, as he immediately took of in a medium tempo. After a few laps Xiumin scoffed loudly.

 

”You need to do better than that. At this tempo any creature would be able to get to you.”

 

Chen gritted his teeth, and raised his tempo a bit more. And then some more again. After ten laps he was starting to breath a bit more heavily, but not heavily enough and Xiumin frowned.  

 

”You don’t even look tired. Are you not doing the best you can? Because if you aren’t, there’s no need for me to be here. You are never going to get better of you don’t do your best.”

 

That’s when Chen learned that Xiumin was a bit ruthless when it came to training, but he understood what he meant, and stopped laying of and went up to the tempo he usually ran in, which was a lot faster than before. He was practically running for 2 km straight before he reach his 20:th lap and finally stopped. His breathing was ragged, but he was not awfully tired. 

 

”Good” Xiumin said. ”Now to twenty more.”

 

Chen stared at him. ”Are you serious right now?”

 

Xiumin gave him a hard look. ”Yes. If you are going to be able to get those powers in control you need to do more than this.”

 

Chen looked away, and then he started running again, same tempo as before. He was annoyed at Xiumin for tricking him, but in the same time he understood why. That way he would try his best both times. So he ran on, silently counting each lap as he ran past Xiumin, raising his tempo every few minutes. He wanted to prove he could be better than Xiumin thought, and running was actually a specialty of Chen. He had always over it, and when he lived back at the village he used to get out of bed really early every morning to g for a run. The perks of not being able to sleep at night. 

 

When he finally was done with the extra 20 laps he was sweating a LOT and his breathing was uneven. He was standing with his hand on his legs, trying to catch his breath.

 

”Well, Xiumin said. You made it through 8 km. If you are going to survive out there you need to do a lot better than that. But i guess it’s a start.”

 

Chen glared up at Xiumin. Why was he so mean all of a sudden? ”Yeah sure” he said through gritted teeth. ”I’ll make sure to remember that.”

 

Xiumin nodded, and then he pressed a button on the wall, which wade a whole bunch of traps and holes and bumps appear where he had been running. Oh hell no.

 

”Give me ten more laps, this time jumping and getting over the traps as well.”

 

Chen took a deep breath, and looked at the challenge before him. Lucky that he used to run in the woods at home was his only thought as he took of and ran for the first obstacle. A huge wall was hindering his way forward, and the only way to get through was under or over (or through like Xiumin probably would. No he probably would just glare at the wall and it would crawl away in fear) and he quickly decided over would be the smartest. And to get over he clearly needed to jump, but how was he supposed to do that? The wall was reeeeeally high. But he had to. He had to show Xiumin he could, which he knew he could. He had jumped this high before, and he would do it again. And then , he was right infront of the wall, and without second thought, he jumped as far and as high he could, and somehow he managed to grab the edge of the rough wall, and he hoisted himself up. He felt his legs aching, and knew he had shoved them pretty hard into the wall when he jumped. It would be bruised as hell the next morning, but right then he didn't care. It was al about getting over the next obstacle.

 

Which was a huge hole in the ground. Bottomless it seemed as well. Chen glared at Xiumin, once more. ”Are you trying to kill me?”

 

Xiumin grinned. ”No. Just get over it already, it’s not that far.”

 

”Not that far my ” Chen mumbled through his breath. ”Then he could do it instead.” 

 

He then took a huge breath, and jumped. When he landed on the other side he took a breath out of relief and kept running. He climbed ropes and jumped over more obstacles and kept running, lap after lap, with Xiumin’s annoying voice feeling him to go faster, that it wasn’t good enough, that a snail probably could do it faster. Chen felt himself get more and more annoyed and he was so tired and he just. wanted. to. stop. 

 

”Come on Chen” Xiumin called. ”Ten more laps and you’re done.”

 

”You said that TEN LAPS AGO” Chen practically screamed out.

 

”And now i say ten more!”

 

Chen felt his calm slip, and the air got loaded with electricity, without Chen noticing it. He was just so annoyed, and he ran even faster than before. He just wanted to prove, once and for all, he could protect himself. He could. And he would. 

 

Xiumin looked at Chen’s tired and annoyed form, and he felt the electricity in the air, since it was what he had been waiting for. He had wanted to test how far Chen could go without his power showing at all, and he knew Chen had reached his limit as all the hair on Xiumin’s body suddenly stood straight, his hair looking like a hedgehog. And that was also shen Xiumin noticed something very interesting. 

 

 

 

When Chen finally reached the last lap he ran all he could through it all. His body was aching, his head was pounding and his lungs were beginning him for air. He ran and jumped and ran, and finally, finally, he reached Xiumin again.

 

As he stopped, the whole world was spinning, and he was too tired to be annoyed any longer, he just quietly sank down on the ground and closed his eyes, focusing on getting air down his lungs. He heard Xiumin’s voice, somewhere far away, and he felt hands touching him, but he couldn't open his eyes. His whole body was feeling heavy, he couldn't move a lim, and everything hurt. Why am i feeling like this?

 

When Chen sank down on the ground and jus laid there, Xiumin got scared. He had wanted to test the boy’s abilities, but he didn't want Chen to die. He had looked tired while he was running, yes, but not like he was laying before him. Even though it looked like he tried to breath his chest was barely moving, and he was shaking all over. 

 

”Chen?” Xiumin asked. ”Chen can you hear me? Chen!”

 

He crouched down beside the male and put his hands on Chen’s body, letting out a loud hiss as his whole body felt the electricity run through him. ”” he mumbled through gritted teeth. ”What happened now? He looked fine, what happened now?”

 

Chen on the other hand, just kept shaking, still unable to comprehend what Xiumin was really saying. He didn't know what to do, and he was scared. He still couldn’t really move his body.

 

Let it out.”

 

Chen visibly flinched. He had heard that voice perfectly fine, and it was most definitely not a male voice. It was feminine, and quiet, but he could hear it, all though he doubted Xiumin could. This was happening inside his head.

 

You charged up your body with electricity like you would do before a fight, since you got so annoyed with Xiumin. Now you have to let that electricity go. It can’t hurt you, but you don’t know how to control it for a long period of time yes, which is why this happened. So let it go”

 

I can’t.

 

”Sure you can, you big wuss. You want to prove you can upport yourself? That you don’t need other people’s help? Then be a man and LET IT GO. Otherwise you will most definitely need help.” 

 

Chen felt the annoyance build up once more. He could take care of himself. And suddenly things got easier. He took a deep breath and focused on getting the feeling back in his hand. Slowly, slowly, a finger came to live, and then two, three, five, eight, ten. When he finally felt his his hands he concentrated deeply, and slammed his hands down in the ground, releasing all his built up frustration and electricity. It felt good, releasing it all, and he felt his body go back to normal the more he let go off.

 

Xiumin, which body was still shaking from the small electric shocks stared wide-eyed as Chen slamed his hands down on the ground and how the ground beneath them turned blue as the electricity was pulsing through it. It was beautiful in a way, and Xiumin looked fascinated on the scene before him.

 

As all the electricity had run out of Chen a big part of the ground was now blue, but Chen looked like he was back to normal. ”Chen?” Xiumin repeated once more, and let out a breath of relief and said boy opened his eyes. 

 

”Good morning” was all he answered. 

”What just happened?” Xiumin asked demandingly as he helped Chen sit up, and gave him some water. 

 

After taking a few gulps, Chen opened his mouth. ”I was so annoyed at you i started building up electricity without noticing it, since i don’t really know what my power feels like. And when i finally got to stop running, my body was so filled up with electricity i couldn’t handle it. The electricity itself didn’t really hurt me, but my body was heavy and aching, head pounding.”

 

Xiumin nodded. ”I know the feeling. I had forgotten about if, but first time i fought Luhan i felt a bit like that afterwards, because of the overuse. You probably felt the same, but not from overuse more like from a underuse. But how did you figure out how to release it?2

 

Chen blushed a bit. ”To be honest, i didn’t. I was freaking out, and I thought I was going to die. But then i heard a voice- Don’t look at me like that i know what i heard- and she told me what was happening, that i should stop being such a wuss and let the power out. I got annoyed when she told me i was week and i forced it out, to prove i was better then she thought.”

 

Xiumin looked at Chen for a while, thinking. Then he snorted loudly, and smiled. ”There is only one person i could come to think of who could do that, and she is really weird. You’ll probably meet her one day.”

 

”Tell me who she is!!” 

 

”Naah. I think it will be more amusing if you fins out for yourself. You’ll meet her soon anyways, she is the same age as you. Now come on, lets go shower. We can continue you training tomorrow.”

 

Chen nodded, and got up with Xiumin’s help. Xiumin had once more changed from the doctoral person he was before, and had got back to be nice. ”You’re not aggressive anymore” he couldn't help saying.

 

Xiumin looked a bit guilty. ”Yeah sorry about that, i tend to get riled up when training someone, and i wanted to see if your powers would come out if you got annoyed enough, which they did, since my hair stood straight up in the air.”

 

Chen glared at Xiumin at first, but couldn't help but start to laugh. ”You hair still stands straight. HAHAHA YOU LOOK HILARIOUS!”

 

Xiumin looked at the overexcited puppy infront of him. ”Chen, please calm your .”

 

”NEVER MOAHAHA MY CAN NOT BE TAMED, AND Xiumin?” he said sweetly ”KARMA IS A BITH AHAHAHAHAHAH” 

 

Chen then left Xiumin behind as he ran away. Xiumin cursed under his breath. Sometimes when you used your powers for the first times, or for the first time in long, you got all high after. ”Great” he gritted out chasing after Chen ”now i have to take care of an overexcited teenager. ing fantastic.”

 

Author’s note:

 

I AM BACK! So sorry i haven’t updated for so long but i have had a load of things to do. School is killing me, guys!1!!;( 

Anyways, i hoped you enjoyed this chapter, and i will update as soon as i can! Comments are always loved<3