Forest of the cursed

Protecting the lightning boy

Forest of the cursed

 

Chen looked around while he got closer to the forest. e had never felt uncomforted for a forest before but this was scary. When he got closer he also realized that the forest he thought looked black actually was black. The soil, the trees, even the smallest leave was black. 

 

The forest, Chen realized in horror, was dead.

 

Once Chen entered the forest a cold shiver went down his spine. ”What the hell is this” Chen whispered quietly. ”Why is the forest dead?”

 

”That” he heard a voice behind him say ”i could probably tell you.”

 

Chen quickly turned around, stopped in his tracks and stared. ”Oh hell no. What on earth have you gotten yourself into?” 

 

The voice chuckled, a raw horrible laugh. ”Well, hello to you too.”

 

”Who are you?” Chen questioned. 

 

The person slowly exited from the shadows of the black forest. He was tall, too tall, with long black hair and white pail skin, and eyes just as black as the forest itself. ”I” he said with a calm voice ”am someone you could never even dream of. Someone you might have heard of, but never have met. I lived a long time ago, but something with me went wrong. Something happened, which caused me to end up hear. Say, can you now guess who i am?”

 

Chen stared at the man, trying hard to understand who he was talking bout. Someone he had heard of, but never met? Someone not alive no longer, but still so famous? The only person he could think of who could match was impossible, it couldn't possibly be him.

 

”You… you can’t be him right? Malcolm the creator.”

 

The man smiled. ”Well what do you know. Those few who have met me usually need more to understand who i am. I have only met one person ever who knew from the moment he heard my voice who i was, or two, i guess now that i think about it.”

 

”So you really are Malcolm?”

 

”Yes, why on earth would i lie to you about something like that? I am curious though, what have you really heard about me?”

 

”You were one of the first people to obtain special abilities. You were one of the strongest, one of the absolute best. You were, as many said, one of the creators. But you also was very addicted to power, and to obtain more and learn mor about it’s secrets. You were the one who caused the downfall of the now dark part of this planet, the causer of the magma’s and everything else which now lives on the dark side.”

 

Malcolm gave a bitter smile. ”Yeah you have heard everything the others have as well. But the thing is, it’s not true. Some of things is, yes, bt some is not.”

 

Chen just looked.

 

”What” the tall man asked. ”You’re not gonna tell me i am a lier?”

 

”Well as you said before, why would you lie. And besides, i am curious of what things are true and which are not.”

Malcolm laughed. ”Well that most certainly is a first. Well since you are so curious i shall give you information. Like you have heard, me and my eleven brothers were the first ones born with powers. We all had different kinds of powers, and as we used the more people got similar ones. It’s like my brothers and me infected the other people with our powers, giving them powers as well. But i was different from my brothers. I didn't really infect many people, and if they got my powers, or similar, when one of my brothers came with their magic, they kind of got their’s instead. And i always wondered why i was so weak. Why i was the strange one, and all i wanted to be was normal. But now when most people say i turned evil, that was not the thing. I never was addicted to get more power, i just wanted to prove i was just as powerful as my brothers. They never let me come to missions with them, scared i would get injured, and everyone handled me like i was a delicate flower, who could not be damaged. I hated it, and one day i left for a quest to prove i was just as good as everyone else. There was a part of the planet that had gotten infected by something, the ground had turned dark and nothing could live there. The trees had turned black, everything was dead. And i wanted to find the cause.

When i got to the infected part of our planet it was worse than i had expected. Dead birds lied everywhere and everything was dead. There was a pond with water, which was completely black, and dead people lied around it. People like me, who had tried to stop the decease. But the longer i was there, the more i felt there was nothing i could do. I could not find any cause to the problem, ididm understand what had happened at all. And the longer i stayed, the weaker i got. It was like the dark part was living and growing with my powers, and there was nothing i could do about it. The longer i stayed, the more i noticed i didn’t have the strength to stay.”

 

”So you died there?”

 

”no, i did not. I was asleep one day, and then i heard my brothers voiced in my head. One of them had a power like that. They tried finding me, connecting me. I hadn’t answered them for days, but now i did it unconsciously. That was the same time i understood i was dying. And as my brothers noticed, they wanted to come help me. But i couldn’t let that happen, because they would die as well. So i did something i will always regret, but would do again if i had to. I disconnected with my brother, got up and started chanting. Me and my brothers could make curses, you see, a privilege, of being the first with powers. And i cursed the dead part of the planet. I cursed it all, there was no one there anyways, they was scared to live so close to the cure. I cursed every soul inside the dark part, and i cursed a bit outside, hoping to trap the decease inside my curse. But as i cursed, the people around me suddenly started moving, and they started changing, they were waking uo and turning to horrible creatures, probably the one who made the decease in the first place was trying to stop me from trapping it’s curse in another curse. But i couldn’t let that stop me. They attacked me repeatedly, and i was using my power to keep them away. I knew i was loosing, the curses took my energy, and my attacks were bad and horrible. I realized i had turned what i always feared, i had turned week. Just as week as the weakest. And i hated it. My power is born from hate, and it woke up at that moment of pure hate. That’s when i changed and became like this, and my brothers turned up just in time to see it. One had teleported him, and the rest of my brothers to help me. As they saw me they thought i was the cause of the whole thing, and i let them believe it. That would make them leave faster, as finished the cure at the same time. But they didn’t make it. The curse caused from the other person took them, and they changed into magmas front of me, while i was screaming no like crazy. The teleported brother managed to teleport to the people to tell them to escape, telling them that i had done something. They thought everything was my fault and blamed me. And my brother turned right after and couldn’t correct them. he was also the one who accidentally changed the curse so the magmas could get out of the dark part, and infect others. And i couldn’t do anything. All my powers were drained and i died, but because of the curse i also but on myself i remained as a ghost. And i stayed near the same place it all started.”

 

Chen stared, chocked. He couldn’t believe this was the truth, but he knew that this person was telling the truth. He just knew it, and it made his heart hurt from knowing that he had taken the blame for something who wasn’t his fault. He had saved his people, and everyone thought he was at fault. ”I am really sorry, Malcolm. You didn't deserve this.”

 

Malcolm’s eyes went wide. ”You really believe me?”

 

”Yeah. I am good at knowing when people lie.”

 

Malcolm smiled. ”Well thank you. It actually feels nice that at least one person knows the truth.”

 

”Did you ever find out the truth?. Who it was who caused it.”

 

Malcolm’s expression turned dark. ”No i am not sur, but i can feel her. And yes, it’s a her. And somehow, she is still alive. She is probably feeding of the magmas, both new and old. And she wants revenge, she wants to get out of my curse, so she an curse this planet to complete death. I do not know why, and how, but i will do my best to stop her. I still have some powers left, and i use them to stop some of the magmas ho try to get out. But the dark part is still slowly growing, she is becoming stronger with the help of the magmas. I do not know how much longer i can hold her.”

 

”Is there nothing we can do?!?!” 

 

”Well, you have to find the source of where she comes from, and that reds to be found from someone who knows everything, just like my one brother did. He will perhaps be able to find the place. But that is not enough. You need one person from every power source, one from each of me and my brothers. And you need to be completely coordinated to be able to beat her, You need to practice,and work hard. Then you find the source, and then you bring her down. Not sooner, nor later. If you go i to late, she will still break free. If you go in to early, she will kill you immediately. She is that powerful.”

 

Chen nodded. He understood what was at stake. ”But why are you saying you all the time? Like i am a part?”

 

”Because you are. You have strange power, one that almost no one got. And i had a power almost none would get.”

 

”You mean…”

 

”Yes. You have my power. The power of lighting is strong, but unpredictable. Just as i said, your and mine power is caused from rage, and only rage can truly wake it up. But you still have to be in control, otherwise you will change just like i did. You always have to stay in control. Always. The power is yours, it’s not the other way around. It can never control you.Remember that.”

 

”CHEN. Chen DAMNIT ANSWER ME.”

 

Chen looked around. ”Is that Xiumin hyung?”

 

”Most likely. You need to go. I kind of told you, but you never got it. This is a part of the dark side, and you need to get out. I have been protecting you, but the magmas can smell you, and they are getting closer, especially now as Xiumin is close to entering. Hurry, get out of here. Now!”

 

With a hard push from an unknown power, Chen went backwards. He looked around, and Malcolm was gone. The forest was once again scary and dark, and Chen started to run back out of the forest, following the still calling voice of Xiumin. 

 

”Xiumin” he screamed. ”I am coming out, keep screaming i don’t know where to go!”

 

Xiumin kept screaming as Chen ran. He could feel a presence behind him, and he knew that the magmas were getting closer. Just a little more he thought just as something threw itself at him, and he let out a loud scream. 

 

ing fantastic.

 

Author’s note:

 

Dan dan dan. What will happen to Chen???? Who, or rather what attacked him? Is he going to die. Well, you will see in the next chapter. Byeee.