BTS

Protecting the lightning boy

BTS

 

”HELP HELP PLEASE HELP” 

 

Tao’s eyes snapped open just after he screamed his head off, and he sat up, breathing rapidly. He was feeling scared, a feeling which hadn’t filled him so completely in years. It wasn’t his own fear though. No, it was someone’s else’s. Someone he knew. ”” he mumbled. ” ing .”

 

”Tao”  a soft voice came out, and Tao turned towards Kris who was sitting up in the bed as well. ”You okay? You sat up very suddenly? Did you have a nightmare?”

 

Tao sighed. It was no surprise that Kris didn't wake up when he screamed, because when the latter was sleeping he was practically dead to the world. ”Not a nightmare.”

 

Kris’s eyes got wider. ”Did you have a vision?”

Tao nodded. ”Yeah. It’s not good.”

 

He had just managed to let that one sentence out, and then the door flew open to reveal ten worried faces. 

 

”Tao!” Chen let out, going up to the younger putting a hand on his shoulder. ”Are you okay?”

 

Tao nodded, and smiled. ”Yeah. It was not me screaming really. I had a vision. In some visions I end up in the body of the person it’s about, and that was what happened now.”

 

Luhan gritted his teeth, seeing the vision playing in his mind as Tao was thinking about it. ”What happened to BTS?”

 

Chen’s eyes got wide, and the other’s took a deep breath, as Tao shook his head. ”It was all very blurry. Something was chasing them I think, and they were screaming to each other. But I don’t know more than that. Something is still disrupting my visions. Although I can tell you, that this was not a vision of the past. This was the future.”

 

Xiumin walked up to Tao. ”We need to go, Tao. You know we do.”

 

Tao nodded, and got out of bed. ”Yeah.” 

 

Chen frowned. ”Go where?”

 

Xiumin turned towards Chen. ”We are going to the east side to help BTS. Since this was a vision of the future we might still have the chance to help them if we are fast enough.”

 

Chen nodded. ”Are you all going?”

 

Luhan stood up. ”Normally we wouldn't have gone all of us, but this time we will. Something is not right.”

 

”I want to go with you.” 

 

The others stared at Chen, and Lay shook his head. ”Chen no. We can’t have you come with us. If something happens to you I won’t forgive myself.”

Chen looked at Lay, angry. ”This is not a request, Lay ge. I will come with you weather you like it or not. Jin is my friend. I want to help them as much as you do. And I can protect myself. I haven't told you guys this, but I can feel my power much more clear now. It’s flowing inside me, and it fells like I actually am the one in control. And I can stay in the background, I can. But I won’t stay behind. Not this time.”

 

The others looked at Chen. Deciding. Luhan sighed. ”It doesn’t matter what we do, he will come along anyways. I say we let him.”

 

Xiumin stared at Luhan. ”And what if he gets hurt!”

 

Luhan stared back. ”We won’t let that happen. But I understand why he want to come along. We all do. So let’s let him.”

Baekhyun nodded. ”I agree with Luhan. We can all help to keep him out of danger. And he needs to know what it’s like going on a mission. Things are happening quickly right now. We don’t have the time to baby him. Something even worse might come at any moment and then he needs to be ready to do what it takes. The sooner he learns the better. Normally I would want him to stay behind, but this time we don’t have a choice.”

 

Chen looked at Baekhyun, thankful, and eventually the rest agreed. Solemnly, yes, but they agreed. They all knew they couldn't stop Chen anyways. 

 

Xiumin and Lay led the way for Chen to walk, for the first time, into their armory room. Xiumin looked at Chen.

 

”These all are the weapons we in EXO have gotten our hands on during missions. Sometimes we use them, sometimes we don’t. In the last mission some of the guys used their stuff, and some didn’t. These things in here are things no one in the group has claimed. They are for all of us to use. And now, you get to use one. Keep one, actually.”

 

Chen looked around, amazed. The weapons in the room were quite different to be honest. There were dolls, stones, riddles, swords, staffs, and many other things. The one thing that caught Chen’s eyes though, were not very big and not very strong looking. Perhaps that’s why he chose it.

 

It was a black stone. Nothing more, and nothing less. It was shiny, but not overly so, and it was not perfectly round or anything. It was just a stone. Chen thought it was beautiful, because of that. The rest of the stones and things in the room were so perfect, like nothing in the world could bring them down, and Chen didn't really like that. He preferred when things were a bit wrong, because everything in the world was a bit wrong, but nothing in the world was perfect. The things who were perfect looking weren’t. Chen didn't like perfect, either. It was not normal, and those who acted like they were perfect was more than not very fake human beings. At least, when you could see some flaws he knew that the person was true, and honest. Chen liked those flaws. All flaws in a person was a part of who they were, and it just made them special and beautiful in his opinion. You didn't need to fix a flaw (unless you and a compulsion to kill people or similar), you could just let it be, in Chen’s opinion. It never mattered to him. And therefore, he picked the stone, which were full of flaws. 

 

Lay looked at Chen, with furrowed eyebrows. ”I was so certain you were gonna pick one of the bows and arrows” he said. Chen smiled.

 

”No. They are too perfect looking. This stone has character. I like character.”

Xiumin smiled at those words. He liked the way Chen never looked for the ugly things in things, that he rather looked for the nice things. But then he frowned. ”It’s very nice of you, Chen, but we actually don’t know what that stone can do. We have tried to use it several times but nothing ever happens. The only reason we kept it was because Alice told us it was very powerful.”

Chen grinned. ”It doesn’t really matter to me. I still want to have it with me. It feels right, somehow.”

 

Lay and Xiumin sighed, seeing the stubborn look in the boy’s face. ”Well” Lay sighed. ”Let’s change into fighting clothes. We have made one for you too.” Lay brought Chen with him and pulled out a kimono like the ones they had in their mission and a cloak to cover it. On the back of the cloak was a shape of something, almost like a lighting. 

 

Chen smiled widely. ”I love it. Thank you.” 

 

Lay smiled back, so did Xiumin, and they ruffled the youngest hair as they walked out.

 

”Hey!”

 

 

Once the twelve boys had changed and brought their stuff, they were ready to go. Alice, who were standing infront of them were giving the grim looks. 

 

”I know this might sound harsh but we have to assume the worst will happen to them” she said ignoring the sharp intake of breaths. ”And we all also have to realize that you still might not be able to do anything about it. So all I’m asking for is that you’ll all be careful, and if you can help those boys. BTS are good, and they are wonderful boys. But so are you. Please, be careful.”

 

The group nodded, and then they proceeded to take each other’s hands, and Kai got ready to teleport them. Chen wasn’t worried about getting teleported. As Kai and him got closer the days before the younger had teleported with Chen a few times, and Chen actually thought it was pretty fun. 

 

”Well then” Xiumin said, with a small smile. ”Let’s go.”

 

Kai nodded, and then they all felt that familiar pull of power as Kai opened up a crack in universe and pulled them in leaving behind his usual puff of black smoke. Alice was the only one left on the grounds, and she sighed, letting a couple of tears fall down her cheeks. Why couldn't she protect her students? She really was a failure she thought as she turned around and headed back to her office. All she could do was to hope it would all go well. 

 

But the sickening feeling in her stomach told her it wouldn’t.

 

As Chen and the others landed on the ground of the east side, they were met with complete silence. Nothing, absolutely nothing was making any sounds, and it was pitch black, like someone had taken the light out of the place. It wasn't taken over by the dark side though. It just felt… quiet. 

 

The was a snap of fingers, and then little balls of light was starting to glow around them. Chen wouldn't help but smiling, even in the situation. Baekhyun’s light was really pretty. 

 

”Thanks Baek” Kris let out, as they started moving forward.

 

”No problem. I don’t like it when there’s no light. I am light after all, so I want it to be there.”

”Yeah” Chen mumbled ”but aren’t you also darkness? I mean, can’t you take all the light from a space? Wouldn't that make you darkness as well?”

 

Baekhyun smiled, and shook his head. ”no you see, there’s a difference. I can take all the light away from a space, leaving it with darkness which was the darkness the place always had, but I could never but darkness over the light, and ingulf a place in complete darkness like this place. My powers don’t work that way. I only control light. And even though I take away the light from a place, the light is still inside of me. I can still feel it. You understand?”

 

Chen nodded, and blushed. ”Yeah. Sorry!”

 

Baekhyun laughed. ”No problem. You couldn't have known the difference anyways. It was a good question.”

Chen smiled, relieved that Baekhyun wasn't made, and was about to say something else, but then a loud howl echoed in the silence, and the all froze. It sounded  a lot like a wounded hyena, and Chen realized with horro that Jin could transform into an animal like that. ”Jin” he said grimly, and the others nodded and then they all started running towards the sound. It had sounded a lot like the animal was in pain. Like Jin was in pain. 

 

Others howls echoed in the distance, and they sped up as they heard the pain of the BTS members. They all run fast, fast, hurrying towards the place and…

 

nothing.

 

Nothing at all. Once they reached the place were the howls echoes the most, they stopped. And the east side was once again silent and dark, except for the glowing light around them, radiating from Baekhyun. 

 

”What the hell” Chanyeol managed to get out, and the others let out affirmative grunts. ”I was to certain I heard the howling from here!”

 

”Yeah” Luhan said. ”Me too.”

 

Then the hold started again, but this time they were heard in the direction of where they wherein the beginning, and perplexed they all started running again, until they reached the place were the sounds got louder. 

 

Then they all stopped, again. No howls, only an echoing silence. Chen felt himself getting more and more frustrated. What on earth was going on? 

 

The howls started again, moving now all around them , all at once. Close by, and far away at the same time. The howls of the same creatures came from all directions, and they all stood facing a different direction trying to see something in the darkness. To no avail. They saw nothing, and the howls just got louder and louder, ringing in their ears. 

 

Guys they all then felt in their heads. Luhan.

 

The voices going around doesn't belong to BTS. I feel that now. The howls are coming from something else. It’s like someone has put a curse on the place. To confuse us, perhaps. To force us to come here. But as at the same time, Tao’s vision spoke of something else. Be on your guards guys. I don’t have a good feeling about this. 

 

As Luhan’s words ended, they were all much more tensed up than before, and Chen vaguely noticed that Baekhyun’s lights got stronger around them, allowing them to see more than before. He felt his own powers starting to get ready as well, bubbling inside of him, waiting, wanting to get out. He smiled a little, despite the situation. He finally were in control. 

 

Then, suddenly, through the howls they heard a scream. A real scream. 

 

”NO.” All twelve pair of eyes widened at the same time. Jin. 

 

”LET HIM GO.” This voice, Chen felt, was real. This was Jin. He looked at Luhan, as the others did, and the boy nodded. ”It’s them. Let’s go.”

 

They all started running once more. Chen felt worry aching in his chest. Jin had sounded distressed. 

 

What they saw, when they finally reached BTS, was not something they wished for to see.

 

In the little place, everywhere, in the round circle which did not contain more than a rocky ground.

 

Were stained with blood. 

 

Chen felt anger rise in him, electricity running through his vains.

 

ing fantastic

 

 

DUN DUNDUUUN. Cliffhanger guys!!!!! Mohahahaa I’m so evil!

Sorry I haven’t updated in a while! School has been an absolute nightmare and I have fallen a bit sick as well. I will try to update soon though! I have a week of from school!:D