Chapter 5

Her Strings of Disaster :: Gokusen 2 :: Yabuki Hayato

A buzz from Reiko’s alarm clock, made the black-haired girl wake up groggily; sitting up from her bed sleepily, she looks up at the alarm clock in surprise. “EH?! Seven o’clock already?! I’m already late!” she exclaimed as she started on arranging all of her things, doing her mourning routines hasty.

 

Once done wearing her uniform, she quickly went to her kitchen a get a slice of bread with strawberry jam; munching the said food while running towards her school, Kurogin Academy.

 

“Mah, I’m already late,” she murmurs to herself, running while eating her food.

 

 

“I’ll be taking attendance now.” Yamaguchi announced as the students were half-listening to said teacher, while doing something on their own. “Akiyama Yosuke?”

 

A ‘here’ was heard as Yamaguchi still continue checking the attendance. “Kokuma Masashi?”

 

“Masaki Reiko?” Yamaguchi announced as everyone went quiet, noticing that there’s no girl at the place. Yamaguchi frowned looking at the place, “Masaki-chan is not here?” Even Hayato, Tsuchiya, Takeda and Hyuuga look confused.

 

“I’m still surprise why a girl like here would be enrolled in a Boy’s School,” Tsuchiya let out as Yamaguchi look at him then at the folder she was checking.

 

“Odagiri Ryu?” Yamaguchi called out as she looks at Ryu’s place from the side. “Odagiri is late I guess.”

 

“He’s probably not coming,” Hayato let out, smirking. “He came here yesterday on a whim,”

 

“The board chairman and his father decided that he can still graduate even if he doesn’t come to school,” Hyuuga let out as some nodded.

 

“V.I.P. treatment,”

 

“Why isn’t my father rich?” said the curly haired students, with shades; the entire student throws paper at him at his joke.

 

Suddenly, the door slides, indicating that someone came in; everyone gets quiet and look to see Ryu. “Ryu, Ohayou.” Takeda let out as Ryu sighed and nodded.

 

“Odagiri, if you’re late three times, it counts as an absence.” Yamaguchi let out, looking at the said boy. “I have no intention of treating you specially. Keep that in mind,” she lastly said as Ryu went into his seat, but Hayato and Ryu look at each other; and there was an awkward silence.

 

“I’m late!” everyone suddenly looks at the door to see the panting Reiko, after hearing her slide the door too loudly; holding the wall for support. “I’m-sorry I’m late,” Reiko looks at Yamaguchi sheepishly as Ryu rolled his eyes off at his cousin’s antics.

 

“You too, Masaki-chan... three late and you’ll be mark absent,” Reiko grinned sheepishly as she looks at her classmates, beaming happily.

 

“Ohayou!”

 

“Ohayou!!!” Everyone greeted as they look comically cute at the black-haired girl.

 

Reiko looks at Ryu, sitting beside him, “Ohayou, Ryu-nii.” She greeted as Ryu only nodded in acknowledgment; a brown fluffy haired guy only looks at Ryu with narrowed eyes.

 

 

Reiko went at the Faculty Room, where she will meet the Board Chairman; she sighs, taking a sit at the chair in front of the table of the Board Chairman. She was calmly looking at the said man.

 

“Due to Odagiri-san, you are still accepted from my school. You have the brains, but why waste it by making such trash?” Kubokawa, the Board Chairman, let out; looking at the calm feature of Reiko.      

 

Reiko simply smiled, never answering his question. “But it doesn’t mean that you have brains, I will just let you go here simply. You’ll abide by my rules as long as you are here at my school.”

 

"Board Chairman Kubokawa, I'm still a normal student, and whether I pass or fail a test will always be my choice, right?" she added with a grin. She then stood up and bowed respectfully to Kubokawa before leaving his office.

 

Once she was outside the Board Chairman's office and away from the Faculty Room, she looked back and shot a dangerous glare at the room. "Damn it," she growled as she strode toward her assigned section.

 

 

Reiko and her friends hang out at the café they usually visit, it’s a quiet place where few people visit; which Reiko and her friends declared as their hang-out place. She was telling her friends her story about Kurogin Academy and Yamaguchi.

 

“They let you play outside? A math teacher?” Daisuke let out, chuckling as he plays with his sundae fudge.

 

Reiko nodded as she eats her chocolate parfait, “Yea, playing soccer while the students were being lazy,” she let out as Euna smiled at her.

 

“You’re lazy yourself, I bet you just talk and talk with your cousin the whole days; so that Ryu could feel less out of place.” Reiko paused and looks at Euna and hissed.

 

“Tsk, yea, well we’re both out of place; so, we’ll just have to deal with each other,” Reiko let out as Shuriko raised an eyebrow.

 

“What about that Yabuki guy?” Shuriko let out as Reiko paused and look at her. “Isn’t he a friend now?”

 

Reiko shrugged her shoulders and nodded, though she started to get quiet as she looks down at her parfait. “I do talk to them, though...” she trailed and shrugged her shoulders once again.

 

Daisuke look at her dumbly, “Though what? Oi, Queen?!”

 

Reiko smirks and stood up, paying their bill. “I needed to get away from the danger first.” And with that, she took off and leaves the place; leaving the two girls and Daisuke looking at her confused at her somewhat ‘riddle’ statement, though only Mizuo smirks at her.

 

 

Reiko walked at the busy street 30 minutes away from Kurogin Academy; the bright lights of the place were livelier as people walked towards their own destinations.

 

“Danger?” Reiko sighed and clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Reiko, afraid of danger?" She looked around at her surroundings and muttered softly to herself, "Danger. He's the danger." She continued to walk away from the area, realizing she was near the Gaming Center where some students were hanging out.

 

“You should know that your leader came and lowered his head to us.” Said a guy with sleek hair up to his backs, Reiko paused and looked at the commotion to see Hayato and the others together with the Ara High delinquents.

 

“He has nothing to do with us.” Hayato let out as he looked at the sleek haired guy.

 

Reiko frown, watching the two group talk in a tense manner. “What are they doing from the Ara High students?”

 

“Kurogin admitted defeat to Ara High.” Said the brown-haired dyed student from the center as he laughs, it was Shibuya.

 

Reiko could see the pissed look of Hayato, “I don’t know what he said, but I’m Kurogin’s head.” Hayato let out; just as he was about to punch Shibuya, Reiko quickly took a hold of Hayato’s left arm which was taken by everyone’s surprise.

 

“Reiko-chan, how?” it was Tsuchiya, Reiko looks at Hayato calmly.

 

“Calm down,” Reiko murmured as Shibuya look at the girl.

 

“Eh? Yabuki is being caught by a girl?” Shibuya taunt out as Reiko suddenly look at him irately.

 

“I just wanted to stop the danger coming from you, idiot,” Reiko replies back as Hayato stop struggling and sigh, looking at Reiko’s serious face.

 

Shibuya looks at Reiko and shook his head, “Such a sweet girl you are, but why are you calming such a bastard and idiot like him? Why not go with me?”

 

Reiko sighs, “And this is why he’s a danger,” Reiko murmurs as she suddenly punches Shibuya on the face; as Hayato stride towards them. It was war.

 

 

Third Year – Section D’s Room

 

Everyone was doing their own things; Reiko heaves out a sigh beside Ryu; making the boy look at his cousin. “You’ve been sighing for almost 15 times,” Ryu stated as Reiko only looks at him and sigh again, making the said boy look at his cousin confuse more.

 

“I shouldn’t get near from the danger himself,” Reiko murmurs quietly as Ryu look at her confuse.

 

“Danger? Him?”

 

They both stop from their conversation when the door slides, indicating that Yamaguchi went in. “Ohayou,”

 

“You guys were fighting with Ara High’s students yesterday night, right? Who won?” Yamaguchi let out as she walks towards the center of the room.

 

Reiko’s eyes widen, suddenly looking at the back, she was with them yesterday night; she was the reason the fight starts.

 

“Obviously us!” Tsuchiya boastfully let out, pointing at Yamaguchi with his fan.

 

“There’s no need to ask,” Hyuuga replied as well. “Since we have Hayato on our back,”

 

Reiko bits her bottom lip as she closed her eyes firmly at how these guys simply answered the pig-tailed teacher with such honesty. “You were with them?”

 

Reiko looks at Ryu guiltily and pouts, “I was about to stop them fight those stupid, but then...”

 

Ryu sighed, while shaking his head. “Something triggered you to fight as well?”

 

“That’s why I said he’s the danger,” Reiko murmurs again as she leaned her back at her chair.

 

“Why are you asking us that?” Hayato let out as Yamaguchi look at him.

 

“What’s the reason for the fight?”

 

“They were picking on Class A’s Shimada, that’s why; we helped him. They also start pissing Reiko as well,” Tsuchiya explained as everyone looks at Reiko as well.

 

Yamaguchi smiled, awe at them. “You guys have a good side too.”

 

“As if we’d lose to Ara High,” Hayato let out chuckling, and so did everyone else; except from Ryu and Reiko.

 

“Since yesterday’s fight had a reason, I’ll overlook it but don’t be too rash.” Yamaguchi let out as she walks near the students’ first column. “You’ll get expelled.”

 

“Like we can fight if we were afraid of getting expelled, well, it’s different for some coward over there,” Hayato let out, nodding at Ryu’s way; which made Ryu look at him. Hayato glared at Ryu, while Ryu look at him calmly. “A man is useless if he’s not strong,” Hayato quoted as Yamaguchi look at him blankly then chuckled.

 

Reiko looks at her back to see Hayato and her classmates nodding. “Being strong doesn’t mean fighting,” Yamaguchi let out, looking at Hayato calmly. “Even kindergarteners can fight.” Everyone complained and disagree at Yamaguchi as Hayato glared at her.

 

“What’d you say?”

 

“We’re starting class, take out your books.” Yamaguchi announces as she stood at the podium.

 

Hayato gives Yamaguchi a glare; his patience running low as he takes his book from his table. “Don’t kid around.” Hayato mutters darkly as he throws the book towards Yamaguchi whom just look at him blankly. Everyone gets quiet as the book collided back at the chalkboard, the book falls on the floor; Yamaguchi picks the book and went towards Hayato. Reiko and Ryu watches Yamaguchi striding her way towards the brown shaggy haired leader of 3D, the atmosphere has a tense clouded aura.

 

“Don’t treat things so roughly.” Yamaguchi remarks seriously; placing the book on top of Hayato’s table, before making her way at the center.

 

Hayato suddenly stood up and look at Yamaguchi, “Today at 4, come to the riverbank.”

 

Yamaguchi paused, pivoting to face Hayato. “What?” she was surprise, looking at his serious face as she smiles. “It’s very extreme of you to ask me for a date,”

 

“I’m not asking you out,” Hayato quickly retorted.

 

“Then what?”

 

“Have a duel with me,”

 

“Duel?” Everyone gets quiet as they all look at Yamaguchi then to Hayato; while Reiko and Ryu only look at Yamaguchi’s surprise look.

 

“If you win, I’ll do whatever you say, if I win, don’t ever bother us. That’s the rule between the strong and the weak.”